Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210518 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Faith (who had been wearing a red two-piece swimsuit, if a rather conservative one, and now had a red T-shirt and a pair of jean shorts over it) had been following Yuki, given that this was in fact also her bungalow, and shrieked in surprise once a blade of darkness promptly buried itself in front of her sister. "Wwha-- uh-- Yuki-- is this actually a spar? Do you need help??"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko had started to head back a bit after the others. . . definitely not because she had fallen asleep in the sun in a rare moment of relaxation, and then nearly had a panic attack upon waking up without Kouta in her immediate line of sight. (He was instead behind her and to the left, building a sand castle in the shade of a battered-looking beach umbrella. Their beach things were bundled up under one of her arms, and the boy in question was just ahead of her when she spotted Ren incoming. She raised a hand, waving at the woman. "Hey. Are you here on vacation, or is it business?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC - Bad Cop, Mad Cop
« Reply #2702 on: January 21, 2019, 07:54:30 pm »

Noriko
She waves back excitedly "Business! What kind of mentor would I be if I didn't help out with your training?" a pause "And since I'm your mentor, you should totally let me keep my stuff in your room!" she gestures at her suitcase.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Ah." Well, at least she'd been able to relax a little. She gave Ren a look at the second statement, then waved a hand dismissively and sighed with a melodramatic glance into the distance. "Fine, fine, I packed light anyway." Noriko straightened up, looking at Ren again. "So what are we working on?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Yuki, wearing the white two-piece purchased for her before the vacation, looked for the one who had not-quite assaulted her. Then he made his whole entrance, and the girl made a giddy, slightly concerning giggle. "It's fine~ I know this guy, I saw him in an alley with blood in it. After he killed some monsters though, and I made sure he wasn't an evil vampire. Probably." She produced her chainsaw out of seemingly nowhere, and right off the bat, charged.

Alter current result to 4. GUIDANCE OF THE MOON from last 4 in the line. Then attack as above. Fairly obvious, but the obvious could bait his tricks before trying anything risky.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC - Bad Cop, Mad Cop
« Reply #2705 on: January 21, 2019, 11:43:03 pm »

Noriko
"Thanks! As for teaching, the AIs want you guys to learn reinforcement magic and you wanted to learn some more elemental magic, right?"

Yuki
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: The World Revolving]

"A direct approach eh? I'll humor you, let's see how you react to this..."

Shou clenches his free hand into a fist, raising it upwards to present the seal now glowing at the back of his black gloves. The conduit lines running across his body crackle and fail while the seal grows ever brighter, a high-pitched whine filling the air as a ring of light expands out from it.

"<Judgement has been passed! The world has been found wanting!
Come, eternal winter! Blow forth, winds of Hell!
Let the world fall still, let the screams fall silent!
An icey prison, a living death!
Treason's End!>"

So uh that happens, and you're currently vaulting over up onto the roof, while this fuckery is about to go off. And oh boy is it a lot of fuckery. The world is beginning to feel cold, oh so very cold as a ghastly wind blows, covering the roof in ice as the very air seems to explosively crystallize near it, pillars of ice threatening to rise from the ground and impale and/or bludgeon you, the whole little show centered around a kinda beat up looking Shou. Guess he had his own price to pay for that spell, awesome, maybe he'll beat himself up without you needing to do anything!

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Everyone Else
Well the yelling and chainsaw noises and shit is bound to attract attention, so a couple passersby are coming on over to gawk at the spectacle, including a pair of well, well you think they're identical twins. Or maybe they were just made in the same doll factory or whatever. Point is, they look pretty similar, and they're kinda teetering at the edge of a springboard overlooking the uncanny valley. Practically expressionless with empty blue eyes and attire that is entirely too formal and far too hot for this weather, the pair consists of uh, you think it's a boy and a girl? Their silver hair's kinda the same length but one of them does have it in a ponytail and is wearing pants so...

Anyway, they're currently just watching in silence, not just the fight mind you, they're looking your way too.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:47:47 pm by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Minato, for his part, is dressed in a light white shirt and flower-print shorts, perfect for their resort adventure. And of course, the Gaia Driver on his belt. Something about Shou's powers seems to clock to Minato, as he heads over to have a closer look over the barriers.
"Huh. What....what is that?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef did make note of the spectators. But if they wished to watch they could, he wasn't going to try to stop them. The slightly unnerving pair he noted too. But again, they could watch. If they wanted something, they would say so.

In the meantime, he watched the actions. This ice prison seemed definitely intended to mess with mobility. Had to be more to it though, just for what it seemed to cost the guy. Either contact with the ice might be very painful, or there could be some other hidden trick to it. The first idea that Shef thought could be interesting was if the pillars were primed to explode, flinging one between them in a chain if they were contacted.

"This ought to be fun to watch at least. Wonder if he's part of the whole training thing or what. . ."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:41:53 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone Else
"He is, we all just got here."
Oh hey they talk together too, how utterly predictable.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:42:49 pm by Empiricist »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith actually only got more tense at Yuki's giddy announcement, but she untensed when further conversation between the others revealed this guy to be part of the whole training program they were here for.

Well, Faith mostly untensed, anyhow.
"Is, uh, is this how all of the training is going to go?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone
"Assuredly not; that roof can only hold two at most."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I guess I more mean if it's going to be people dramatically springing in and throwing swords into the ground, and stuff like that. I've been getting kind of tired of getting Awakened surprises. I guess I've, like... kind of given up on it not happening, but I was hoping that at least the training would be more regimented."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith
"Ren over here will be teaching everyone how to use reinforcement magic; and then we will help improve your energy manipulation. We have reading materials. And volleyball. And a bomb."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Okay, yeah, sure, a bomb, I can work with that. After... what we fought recently, and the whole "alien magical girl weapon of mass destruction" thing, that isn't going to be enough to faze me.

I mean, as long as you don't throw it at me out of nowhere or something.

...please don't do that."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith
"Sure."
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 285