Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210257 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #315 on: March 31, 2017, 07:46:22 am »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Yuki gets to work healing everyone, Shef finds pain of the blade striking washing away, his hand steadying as he pulls the trigger. Minato and Faith meanwhile are sore no longer. Well, until one of them proposes anal or something. Everyone else just gets shielded.

Minato and Faith try to get back up, but the platform, still bobbing from the 02's impact and now a bit slick around the edges cause both of them to fail completely. And repeatedly. And make a series of groans and grunts that, while not too bad by themselves, when heard mixed in the sound of bullets and explosions, can be easily mistaken for something a lot less wholesome. The general movements they end up making do not help.

Yoake meanwhile spins like the homicidal offspring of a bloodthirsty children's top and a blender from hell. As soon as she lands, she kicks off and continues to spin, her swift movement driving her closer to the pair of mononoke in a curving trajectory while the ground explodes behind her. She draws near but doesn't close the gap quickly enough to a solid hit in just yet, at least, not yet. The already severely damaged 02 unit however does take a glancing blow, and that, is all that it takes. The fractures along its body spread and connect with one another as it solidifies. For a moment, it looks like it's going to shatter, but instead, it just halts, the kugelblitz in its head dissipating in a flash, clouds billowing forth no longer.

01 tosses 02's limp form onto the ground in Yoake's path as its new great sword wreaths itself in energy once more. Before the body even touches the ground, it's slashing at her, but it doesn't even wait to to see her reaction, it immediately rushes forth in a burst of speed, seeking to either exit her ranged before she can perform her counter, or, should she fail to dodge, slam into her and keep on going. And it is heading towards Faith and Minato. If it succeeds in closing in, it will wait for Faith to attack and burst at an angle to avoid it while simultaneously striking the pair with a close range sweep, follows it up with a kick, a gatling slam, and then a wild frenzy of close range fire and blade strikes which aren't so much targeting them, so much as it's just targeting everything that happens to be near the Storm Mind.

When Noriko closed in, the Aramitama simply fired and performed an extended dash up into the air delaying their engagement and bringing the battle into the air, it then proceeds to get nailed by its own attack and the Tracer round and stabbed yet again by Noriko. It again dissipates in a puff of shadowy smoke and anticlimax even inside the world of Yoake's Requiem with a spear inside it. Noriko is left holding her spear, not even a single stain on it. Wow, what a cowardly little bitch.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 31, 2017, 09:37:43 pm »

"Nicely done." Shef began to swim towards the final creature, but when he saw its rage and wild frenzy, he altered his course, to try to sneak up behind it.

((OOC: I presume that this is a decently long swim, and will probably take up a turn.))
(1) 2 5 4 2 1 2 4 4 2
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #317 on: April 01, 2017, 12:35:29 am »

Noriko plants herself in the thing's path once again, using her own mobility to get into position. Heavily armored she may not be, but slamming into a spear was generally not fun regardless of the weight of the person holding it. Should it dodge, she'd continue trying to intercept it and, well, there aren't too many fancy things you can do with a spear. Should be fairly self-explanatory.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2017, 09:54:21 pm »

"Hey, Faith, Minato, wait until after the battle please! Unless the monsters have some kind of charm effect and you can't help yourselves." Yuki says, reprimanding the two. Then, she waits for the thing to either hit Noriko's spear or dodge, and when it does she will bring her chainsaw down on it hard. Unless it dies, in which case battle's over.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 02, 2017, 02:05:32 am »

"I swear it's not what it looks like!" Faith practically howls in embarrassment at her sister, her face pretty much crimson.
But now the two of them, humiliating position and all, were actually being attacked, so the mortified half-American girl focused all of the courageous energy she could into making a shield.
Faith will use her 3 hyper!
World Line: 1 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 5 2

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 02, 2017, 02:12:01 am »

"My, my, I didn't think I was that good." Minato teases her, even as he pulls up Rho Aias to protect the both of them as he pulls her close to him and tries to pull them into a semi-standing position. Besides, he might as well cover her while he was at it.
"The rest of you, get over here and behind me! And her."
Alteration Used
[ 3 [5] 3 1 1 [4] 4 4 2 3]

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 02, 2017, 03:36:04 am »

Well, the battle was almost done, but... This thing was coming at her pretty fast, sword in hand. She had a plan, however. Studied from the ancient texts of Keijo... The Asscalibur technique.

Sticking out her butt to face the sword, she prepares it to be engaged by the sword, catching it within her cheeks. If she is successful, she wrenches it out of the Storm Mind's grasp, and brings it slamming down onto the Storm Mind.

[Resolve used]
[Alteration used, 6 instead of 3]
[3 2 3 5 6 6 5 3 1 5]
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2017, 04:46:41 am »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Shef begins swimming back to the Land, his thoughts on his target and how to eliminate. But then, he feels, something, it's hard to describe. A sixth sense of sorts. All Awakened have it to an extent, something tugging at them, at their very soul, as if their own Fate was calling them. And Shef, knew it better than anyone else here, he had, spent so long ignoring it after all. It is, what allows the Awakened to have a sense of how well their actions will go, but also a means to alter those outcomes, for whatever is tugging at them is not absolute and they too could tug back. This wasn't that. This was something similar, the feeling he has when he uses his magic. A kind of natural sensitivity portal magic, what affords him such precision that he can make a bewitched bullet capture and redirect lighting fast rounds mid-flight.

Someone, was using portal magic, and on a scale he had never seen.

A blade burning with the light of dying stars swings forth, and vanishes. Banished, to the abyss of deep space. Rent just in front of Yoake's backside was a portal. It was, something similar to the teleportation effects of Interstellar Butt, something that arose from the same principles, twisted and improvised to entrap the weapon... and to bring it to bear against its former wielder.

As the two collide, the girl swings her hips. There is a pause, a brief one, but one long enough for her to have made a one-liner had she felt like it. And then, an explosion. Yoake tumbles away, the blade still trapped by her portal, the hilt protruding from her butt like the world's least practical buttplug. She's, hurt, but not too hurt, she had the Yuki's shield to bear the brunt of the blast, and had made sure to disengage after the attack, not like she could've held on anyway.

Coming to a rest beside her, is 01's blasted and severed arm.

Somehow, 01 continues moving, storm clouds blowing from what's left of its arm, and the slash that had half-burnt half-exploded its way diagonally across almost the entire width of its torso. Noriko descends, and brings out her spear, it slams into her with an electrical screech and continues going, be it from what energy it has left or just simple the momentum of its dying form, she can't tell. The pair careens back, Noriko skidding upon howling winds to counteract its movement. It's slowing, but not fast enough. She passes through a barrier, Rho Aias. A split second later, 01's gatling slams against the same barrier.

For a moment, nothing happens. They seem to have come to a dead stop. But then, cracks race across the shield's surface. Then it shatters, the weapon slamming into Faith's barrier behind it but failing to go any further. Before it can do anything, if it was even capable of doing anything even, the roar of a chainsaw signals its demise. The Storm Mind expires upon Noriko's spear, cleaved in half by Yuki.

Soon enough, the world returns to normal, and everyone finds themselves standing in or around the classroom once more. Mr. Honda has been stabilized and you can hear the ambulances approaching. Outside, you can see students gathering semi-orderly as per the protocol for fire evacuation.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:00:55 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 02, 2017, 08:02:37 am »

Minato finally manages to extricate himself from Faith, pulling the lever to morph back into his normal form.
"......well then."
He looks around for the corpses of the Storm Minds. Should he find any, he goes over to Noriko and Yuki.
".....do you two mind helping me get this thing up?"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:08:21 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #324 on: April 02, 2017, 03:54:49 pm »

"Only if you promise not to pull what you did earlier with me." She elbows him in the ribs playfully before dismissing her Regalia and storing it. . . wherever it was that it went. Noriko walks over to one of them and starts to heft it. "What do you do with these, anyway?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 02, 2017, 03:57:38 pm »

"In my defense, she started it." Minato remarks, before gazing at the corpse.
"Normally, we'd just cart these off to be disposed of. Even with the masquerade, corpses tend to make messes that people have to clean up. Of course, seeing as that's the second time we've seen that Aramitama, we know he means business. Luckily for you, I happen to know a guy who'll help us find them. We're taking the corpses to them for analysis."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 03:59:51 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »

Shef shook himself off a bit, and then gave up. It was clear that he was too soaked to easily dry off. He'd have to deal with it now, and hope he didn't catch pneumonia. "I'll help with that." Shef moved over, and lifted one end of one of the corpses.
"So what can you tell us about your friend, Minato?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 02, 2017, 04:23:12 pm »

"They're one of Japan's foremost experts on the supernatural. Brilliant person. They created the Gaia Driver, for one thing. I meet 'em every so often to get a tune up on it."
Minato pats the device strapped around his waist before taking out his phone..
"I'll get us a ride and tell them we're coming. You guys get this thing ready for transport."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 02, 2017, 04:35:52 pm »

Watching that thing continue implacably towards her, despite Noriko's attack, through Minato's shield, and then watching its massive Gatling gun tap against a shield that she knew wouldn't be all that strong, mere inches from her face, well... it had actually been very scary, and she had been glad when her half-sister's chainsaw had cut it in two.
Standing up and letting out a slightly shaky sigh, she addressed the others.
"Th-thanks a lot, Yuki, Noriko, Minato. That... probably would have been bad."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 02, 2017, 04:46:00 pm »

Minato smiles at her.
"Don't worry about it. It's what we're here for."
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 285