Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 211123 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Huh, that wasn't normal at all. Hearing Noriko's call, and having an idea of what it meant, Yuki tried to get out of the way of the beast and of Noriko's strike, at the same time bringing her chainsaw down in a slash - hopefully, if the creature moved to dodge Noriko's attack, it would run right into her chainsaw!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki and Noriko
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Voices]

So Noriko jerks her spear back, tearing it out of Nadiye. At least, she tries to. See, a typical spear is has a thin leaf-shaped tip, it's a very stabby weapon, good for poking holes in things. Noriko's meanwhile is less spear, more bizarro ghetto polearm, it's got this broad triangular head, double-edged and razor sharp. This, has a few consequences, for starters it's fairly unwieldy for a normal person, it's got a bit more mass at the front too, and perhaps most importantly in this case, if you impale a motherfucker on it, it's not the easiest to yank out.

So instead of doing some cool move where she just yanks it outta Nadiye in a spray of blood, she instead finds that the Regalia's just kinda caught on her.

"<Ow!>"

So naturally Noriko's next move is to just step on Nadiye, pinning her to the ground and just trying to brute force it.

"<Ow! Ow! Ow! H-hey! Cut that out!>"

Okay fuck this. Noriko just fucking lifts the spear, vanquished foe still impaled upon it and rushes to Yuki's aid.

So while all this was going on Yuki was trying to dodge. Like not teleport away or anything, just do a regular dodge. Yeah, girl doesn't have the best track record with that. The beast just fucking bowls her over, catching her in the throat with its claws and pinning her down as tries to transmute her flesh into an assortment of 100% vegan substitutes that unfortunately don't function as very good substitutes.

Oh hey, Noriko's here! Nadiye too! They play a nice wholesome game of "pin the tail on the donkey", except the donkey in this case is a calamitous beast of destruction, and pin is a spear, and the tail is a screaming flailing girl. Eh, details. Noriko misses the flank and instead just pins Nadiye to the beast's side instead, it's like she wasn't even trying! Unfortunately at this point, Nadiye deciding she'd rather not have her giblets transmuted into not-giblets has scooted further down the spear and is now hugging onto Noriko for dear life, which makes the whole "clothesline Ruben" part of the plan kinda hard to execute.

"<Gwen!, you've gotta wake up! Please, I'm begging you, please->"

It's sometime around this point that Yuki, now sporting a few cuts, scrapes, and singes decides to make her escape. Her escape being to cleave off the beast's arm and roll back into a crouching stance. Huh, that was surprisingly easy.

The beast howls in fury and in the next instant, it's crashing down ontop of Yuki, Ruben clinging desperately to its tail even as his protective spells begins to fail and ablate. An explosive orb of energy grows within its remaining hand. All of you are in the blast radius.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:48:37 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

>A goddamn isekai?!<
Minato studies his options mentally. Gandiva wasn't coming to him right now. Gungnir was the nuclear option, but the enemy didn't look near weak enough to be finished off even by its pure power. Minato wasn't too bad at using Durandal, but one sword against a dozen arms wasn't going to do too much, not unless he could get close and cut something down. Too many hands, too many ways to block Minato's attacks, unless he could-

No. Not yet. He needed some time to set that up. It could, if it didn't end the fight, at LEAST do some serious damage, but that was a card he wasn't quite going to play yet.

For now, it was buying time. He'd turn this into a battle of attrition; this enemy was more powerful than Minato, but Minato could play the waiting game, bring him down to his knees, and then play that last card.

"You wanna see me get serious? No problem!"
3 Alterations to set the leftmost 2 to a 5. Activate Gleipnir to entangle the Bodhisattva's hands and arms. Sacrifice two weapons to extend the range, and as many as necessary to keep Minato out of range of the fists. Place Minato at an angle to attack from behind.
[2 [5] [4] 4 1 6 2 1 6 2 2]

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time out? Shef wasn't going to fall for that.

Portal beneath Stella into the water.
[2+2] 5 5 2 6 6 1 2 2 1
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Yet More Anime Bullshit
« Reply #3259 on: June 16, 2019, 02:36:20 am »

Minato

[Now Playing: Emperor's New Clothes]

With another forgery you blast yourself out of the way of the machine's charge, casting your chain backwards and letting it wrap around their arms as you go for the flank.

"I SEE. SO THAT IS YOUR ANSWER. INTERESTING. I SHALL PERMIT THIS FOR NOW."

A crimson beam of burning energy explodes out of their eye ricocheting off the very air at chaotic angles, looping backwards to first cut off any attempts to approach further and then crashing down towards you. At this same time, five angular pillars of metal extrude up from the ground around both of you.

This, could be bad. Rho Aias should be able to block it, but it will keep on you on the defensive, plus, the way they say it, it's like they're bound by choice like they could escape at any time. Maybe they're overconfident, maybe. But they literally did just come back from the dead and jump across realms so they've probably go something up their sleeves. You can't get too aggressive now, not like last fight... but if go for risk averse and passive, they'll surely bleed you dry.

Spoiler: Gambits (click to show/hide)

Shef

With a quick roll Stella dodges the portal hopping back to her feet. She dismisses her Regalia waving her hands at you.

"Hey hey hey, I don't wanna return fire but I will if I have to!"

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:50:45 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef nodded, posture still guarded as he dismissed the portal.

"Fine. Why'd you want to stop?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Can you get the hell off of me?" After shaking herself a bit in an attempt to dislodge the girl (who was also currently bleeding on her dress), she resorted to more drastic measures. She let go of her spear (as it was currently lodged in her enemy anyway) and decided that, if she wanted to be close to her that badly, she ought to make use of her. Noriko grabbed Nadiye by the back of her shirt and promptly hucked her at Ruben, backpedaling out of the blast radius as best as she could. If the girl was lucky, the collision would bring them both out of the blast radius. If she wasn't, well, Noriko didn't particularly care, this group of morons had attacked her in the middle of the street for no reason.

Alter up to a 4.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

And so Sakurako makes an attempted phonecall to Shef, likely getting a message that he was unable to answer the call or something, followed by distant explosions. Having failed to reach him, she figures the next best thing would be to make contact with Faith, might as well, it would make sense and she could still keep an eye out for anyone suspicious... then again, Shef hadn't actually told her what his enemies looked like, now she thought of it.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: June 18, 2019, 07:42:31 am »

Shef
"Why to make things fair for you of course!"
Fair for you?
"It won't be fair if you started using real bullets against me, because if you did, then I'd have to too!"
What's with that implication? Confidence or something else?
"But also, I wanted to talk about that enchanted bullet you used, that's the one you wanted help with, right?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's correct, yes. Besides that though, did you want me to use just the pillows?" Or was it that she wanted everything he had in his kit except regular bullets? Shef found himself just a little confused.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Throw Rho Aias at the beam to ricochet the beam away from Minato. Boost onto a pllar with one stockpiled weapon, summon Gandiva and land a shot on the Bodhisattva's head. If necessary, use the remaining weapon to blast Minato away from the beam.
[[4] 1 6 2 1 6 2 2 [3] 5]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: June 28, 2019, 06:21:00 pm »

Minato

[Now Playing: Emperor's New Clothes]

"BEHOLD. THE LASER EYES OF THE VICTORIOUS FIGHTING BUDDHA."

Uh, you've read up on Sun Wukong and you're pretty sure the guy wasn't just Darkseid in a fursuit. But sure, let's go with that, one burning ricocheting beam coming right up, right up in your grill. You ain't just gonna stand there and take that.

Bracing yourself you track the beam, watching as it draws closer and closer, and then right before it hits, you drop the chain and throw the shield. The beam ricochets off of Rho Ais, charring the shield and blasting it into the air, but it ain't done just yet. Oh no, not by a long shot, it ricochets again this time off of thin air and comes crashing right back down. Popping a forgery you leap up onto one of the rising pillars, blasting a second weapon as the beam gives one last good pass before flying off. It occurs to you that perhaps you shouldn't have thrown your shield - this beam is easier to block than it is to dodge.

No time to regrets now though, holding out an arm, you pantomime drawing a bow, Gandiva materializing into your hands as you do so. An arrow of flame burns at the ready, and your outfit too becomes flame, twisting and shifting into armor. Unfortunately, it's not your armor. Well not Gaia Knight's anyway. it's close to it, but last time your checked it didn't come with an eyepatch, snakeskin jacket, and gang tattoos all over the plating.

Fuck it, this'll do. You let loose, your arrow and...

BANG!

A blast. Confusion. You didn't detonate Glepnir, why was there a Regalia explosion? Realization. It wasn't Glepnir that exploded, not initially. It's the arms! The Bodhisattva detonated their own arms! Your foe begins retreating backwards, firing another damn beam down range at you.

Shef
"Let's stick to pillows for now, you can enchant them like any other bullets anyways! But about that bullet, it needs more oomph! Like, way more! How's it work? Force membrane and internal blast source? I think I can fix it!"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:47:23 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Repeated, multiple layers. The blast is based on one I've already got, reduced power, detonated in series." Shef answered irritably. Wasn't that just a bit rude?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:01:40 am by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: June 28, 2019, 07:09:40 pm »

Shef
"Makes sense, the problem I think is that the membrane consistency isn't right, it's too airbaggy right now. Want help adjusting it?"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:47:10 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sure? What would you consider ideal consistency, before we go anywhere." Was it simply a matter of power? Shef couldn't see any other reason that too much of an airbag consistency would harm it, except that maybe the membranes were breaking or something.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:01:56 am by Strider03 »

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 285