Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 211012 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noriko and Yuki
"<Still is everywhere, knockouts and injuries count though. Sometimes there's exceptions because it's too easy or too hard, but they have to tell you ahead of time.>"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Repeated impalement doesn't count as first blood?" She shook her head. "Whatever. It doesn't matter, I just need to make sure Kouta is alright. We're not related."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noriko and Yuki
"<Well I mean, the Beast's not bleeding and neither is Gwen.>"
"<Oh right, your brother, you mentioned he was staying at a resort?>"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Do you want me to address that problem?" Noriko replied irritably after Yuki translated. "And yeah, he was staying with me. We're not related, so it's fine. I didn't want to leave him alone and I figured going to a big magical beach resort might be good for him, but all I've been doing is worrying about him nonstop."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noriko and Yuki
"<Uh...>"
Everyone is just kinda awkwardly staring at Noriko now.
"<What does him not being related have to do with you staying together?>"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko blinked. "It doesn't. I. . . don't know why I said anything." It almost startled her to think about that fact. They weren't related, but they'd been together for so long she didn't really think of him as anything other than her brother. In fact, it took her several moments to even connect why they were staring at each other. Oh god, that's so creepy, why did I say that?
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noriko and Yuki
"<Moving along... do you have any way to contact him, does he have anyone to look after him at the resort? They know he's not Awakened right?>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Seems good enough. Anything else that needs done before I go? The rest of the duel, any other ways of optimizing this, your compensation?" Shef didn't remember whether there had been plans for the duel part.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 07:39:05 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
"No, you're free to go! It was nice meeting you!"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Thank you again." And with that, he headed off to determine Noriko and Yuki's location again.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"My normal phone is gone, but I did manage to text him on this weird Awakened one I found in my pocket. Ren is taking care of him, and I trust her, but. . . I don't know, I just need to get back."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:39:39 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noriko and Yuki
"<Do you remember much about the resort, can you fly for long? You might be able to fly there, but the other squads will probably try and shoot you down.>"
Nadiye nods in agreement
"<We made plans for aerial interception as soon as we saw the photos, I can't say more - it's a conflict of interest, but there are only three other squads, so if you can beat them as easily as you beat us->"
"<I wouldn't say only, one of them's the student council, still still we all have er, that- he gestures vaguely at Gwen -sealed in us so it can't be too bad right?>"
"<Right. Hmm... if someone's already looking her brother why does she need to get back so urgently? Is it like one of those animes where she's worried someone else will steal his heart->"
A hand clamps down around the girl's mouth. The courier smiles, eyes closed mouth twitching.
" <Yes. Organ harvesting is a real problem around these parts. You can't be too careful. Now if you'll excuse me, Nadiye and I need to go and have a little talk.>"
He begins dragging the paladin away.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Faith
A blur in your peripheral, that is the only warning you get. With a pulse of energy you launch backwards, a bit dramatic sure, but by now you know better than to stay close, close quarters is death. Sol's right on front of you, you could nail him with a beam right now. Could. Last time you did that you got trapped in a burning star. You drew blood first that time sure, honestly you're surprised he bleeds all things considered, but what's it matter? Your life to take another's, it's a poor trade, especially against that Aramitama, against Harvest. She'll just come back, you won't.

You do a leap now, wide angle, too wide to hit Sol even if you refocus, but that's not the point - battle's as good as over with those cards intact. You end the leap early, dodging to the side as a curse bolt tears past you and bust your own shield to blow away throwing knife follow up. It's as good as worthless against it anyways. You keep a mental note of where its remains land.

That miniature sun, that is Sol's ability.

A burning star whose intensity scales exponentially with proximity. It's fine faraway. Up close even its tidal forces become a threat. And he can hide it. In the ground, in a building. In a knife, in a deck of playing cards. An ever present threat, lurking, looming. It's probably inside the ground right now, racing forwards, just waiting to erupt out from beneath you. He can do more with it too, but you've taken care of that. Energy manipulation poisons it, counters it, but only when it's unleashed, only when it's in the open. And now, it's rarely in the open. When it comes out, if it comes out, you won't have the time to stop it. So best eliminate that option.

This is the situation you find yourself in now, your little dance of mutually assured destruction, the next part of your training. You wanted to gets better at fighting right? You wanted to protect Minato right? Well you better learn then.

So this is the scenario, you're free to wander around, do whatever the fuck you want, but the twins, they'll just up and jump you, just outta nowhere, just like now. One at a time, but that's not much of a consolation. Still, you're getting better at it, slowly but surely you're getting the hang of it.

Sol's the bigger threat of the two, if only because Luna nerfed her spell; it was some kinda moon-turned wrecking ball, a reality warping psychic weapon that really just confirmed your suspicions that your mental defenses aren't up to scratch. Still, she's a threat, just less so than Sol.

Thing with Sol is, you can hit him. You're sure you can. You've done it before too. Issue is, he can hit you too, and he hits hard. It's a game of mutually assured destruction against a foe with nothing to lose, it's not a matter of landing it hit, it's a matter of hitting him without him hitting you too, and that, that is hard.

"Well done. You are learning quickly."

He closes in now, a swift slash followed by a screening scattar of cards. You can hit him now, but the star'll come out, be it from the ground, the spear, or the cards.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 09:13:58 pm by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Yuki paused, allowing the courtier and paladin to make some distance, before turning back to Noriko and the princess. "So! Flying doesn't seem to be working, so I guess we're going on foot. Or by train, that was the plan before we got jumped right?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko sighed. "Yes. Because I guess we can't go anywhere without weird twisted monsters trying to rip us apart. I came here to train a bit and relax, not go back to exactly what I was doing before I got here," the girl pouted. "I could try to outrun them but then I'll just end up fighting at the resort."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 285