Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210970 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

She nods, thinking. "Ok. So you're not supposed to mess with their enemy, but they're allowed to mess with yours. So this is like.. an anti-spy thing. And why wouldn't the portals be good for long-range stuff?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

"<Well, we don't know, but that's probably because we don't remember a lot of things that happened last night. What'd we do? What kind of bioweapon?>" Yuki seemed mostly unperturbed by the concept they'd been carrying around a bioweapon. Or maybe she didn't know that specific word of english. Either is possible, although the former is more Yuki-ish.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"First off, entrance to exit distance is limited. Could still use them far away to look through walls and get different angles. But, unsurprisingly, people tend to notice large portals. And if you want to see anything when the hole is far away, it needs to be big. If you've got a portal right up near your eye, it can be pinhole size. Less noticeable." That should be clear enough.

"For now we're just observing, will act only when it seems necessary. Though if there's any choke points that we can force Noriko and Yuki through, that'd be optimal, could ambush or delay the adversaries there." Wait, could Sakurako simply go down there and begin accompanying them as an inside agent?
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Emperor's New Clothes]

You drive Rho Ais forwards right against the Bodhisattva's fist. Myth becomes ruin, protection becomes destruction, the seven petaled flower blooming as an explosion. Yet then, even then, you know it has failed. You've stopped the punch yes, but your chain has not moved, your foe still stands, and as the embers of legend fade, you see that they are unscathed, and all that has moved was their arm, now clocked back by the blast, ready to deliver their answer.

"IN OUR THOUGHTS LIE OUR RUIN, IN OUR DESIRES OUR DOOM. THE MIND IS ITS OWN PLACE, AND IN ITSELF CAN MAKE A HEAVEN OF HELL, A HELL OF HEAVEN. TO ACCEPT THAT WHICH IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL, TO DISCARD THE BASE INSTINCTS THAT DRIVE US, THAT, IS TO TRANSCEND. TO BECOME GREAT, TRULY GREAT, GREATER THAN THE WORLD THAT BINDS US, GREATER THAN THE CHAINS AND SHACKLES OF EXISTENCE ITSELF!"

Oh great, they're monologuing. Not the good "go have a breather while I speak" kinda monologuing either, no, it's the kind punctuated with their fist slamming into your chest.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? YOU CANNOT HURT ME MINATO! ONLY -I- CAN HURT ME!"

Right so they just fucking deck you, and we're not talking about your typical anime-style "throw a man across the room" punch either, we're talking a proper punch, a real punch, a punch you feel deep in your body, a punch where you just fucking crumple. You stagger backwards. You'll admit, that one hurt. You've had worse though, and your foe looks to be about to do much worse.

The lotus sigil traces out beneath them blooming into a ring of swords, their forms forged from starlight, their blades pointed to the heavens, and their formation caging the two of you within.

Thr Bodhisattva disengages their armor with that high-pitched  noise, their arms energizing into light and multiplying. Their arms on their left remain bound. The arms on their right readying bombard you again with that godawful barrage of punches they opened the fight with. Not a problem normally, but now you're kinda caged in. Their eye glows red, another beam soon to discharge, just in case. Lovely.

Hmm. No escape eh? That laser's your biggest problem right now - it cover a lotta area most crucially their left side. Were it not for that thyou'd have a damn good opening - bound arms can't punch and if they struggle too much you could blow them right off just like how they escaped your chains the first time. Hmm, alternatively... that armored state could be why explosion didn't affect them. If it's offline right now you could try blasting them again. Those arms can sacrifice themselves the same way your forgeries can, and that beam could probably handle point defense too... is there another angle? Another angle they haven't covered? No. How about then, an angle they can't have covered?

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Noriko and Yuki
"<You two turned in a bounty for an Abyssal Choir early last night. According to our records you engaged it in combat because you misheard its song and thought it had insulted your mother. Upon being presented with the bounty both of you proceeded to whoop and dance for two minutes and fifty eight seconds before taking up a quest to retrieve a bioweapon from the ruins of an Atlantian black site. About an hour later your friend called our desk because you had apparently imbibed the contents of a mysterious flask and felt dizzy. We eventually determined the contents of the flask to be an augmented whiskey. Judging by the noises in the background of the call we have reason to believe you two were engaged in battle with what remained of the facility's defense system at the time. We did not receive further contact until two hours later in the form of a selfie featuring both of you and the vial. The vial contains what we believe to be a super-virus kept under a containment system. Normally this containment system is charged by the facility's power supply, but now that it is removed it will have fallen back on its back-up batteries, which should in theory last for 24 hours.>"

Shef
Actually yeah, you think that should be kosher.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:02:15 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Citium School of Ass Beating
« Reply #3349 on: August 20, 2019, 05:40:32 pm »

Victory seemed to be in reach, just a simple series of movements where she could dodge his movements and gain the decisive edge in a moment. The only was, did Faith trust that Sol would present such a clear scenario and not have anything in store to unpleasantly spring on her?

Hahahahahahahaha

hahahahaha

hahahah

ha

no

no she did not

Faith decided to play things cautiously now, but not so cautiously that she didn't make any moves and allowed Sol to just prepare whatever he was trying to prepare in piece. So instead, she created another shield, but pulled this one off from around her, forming it into a net-like spread of apathy energy which she then started to try to hit Sol with as she advanced on him.

Create, shape away, and attack Sol with a Shield of Apathy, Doki-Doki infused! This uses an Alteration to turn a 4 into a 3.
World Line: 4 4->3 1 1 6 1 6 5 5 4
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 05:49:51 pm by Powder Miner »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3350 on: August 20, 2019, 09:14:03 pm »

"Insulted my mother. . .?" If it insulted my mother, I probably would have taken it out for more drinks. Must have been Yuki's. Of course, that note of bitter humor didn't exactly provide a lot of comfort in the face of having potentially unleashed some kind of magical super-plague. In the same place she brought her brother to. Of course. "There has to be some kind of tracking system on something like that, right?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: August 21, 2019, 06:24:25 pm »

Faith
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Like hell you'll fall for that. Your shield expands, a second layer forming inside the first. Pulling it without touching it, you tear off the outer shell reforging it for its new purpose. It resembles spider's web, but a spider's web must be sturdy, it must weather the fury of the elements, it must hold the weight of its struggling prey down their their final twitch, this, this doesn't give a shit. It's a tripwire, a ghetto voodoo claymore, filled with apathy and hurled at an approaching foe. Sturdiness has no place here. Four spokes. No radials. Each gossamer strand a splitting in two and then two more, a fractal lattice colored purple and gold crackling with arcs of pink.

Sol spins on his heels, his charge turning into a skid, into a slide, he swings his hand out and his fingers splay open. In his palm is magic. In its center you see a lake. In that lake you see the sky. In that sky you see the moon. On the moon there are ridges and shadows, craters and mares, and you see it all in close excruciating detail, far sharper detail than you could possible see. You see it as if your eyes have zoomed into it, you see it in a way that makes your head spin and your stomach turn. You see it because it is not in the sky, but right in front of you, a wrecking ball a size of a person, a shield cast to counter your net.

With her free hand she unties her ponytail, but when that hand comes down it is not a ribbon but a deck of cards she throws at you, a deck of cards still in their pack.

"We switched clothes."

Luna continues that motion for another half rotation, her miniature moon orbiting out of the way as she catches the deck with a knife, the blade detonating and scattering shreds of paper before you. A screen of paper spread out before you, a screen of paper frozen in time, frozen in place.

The moon pulses. Your net is beginning to erode, erode under the rays of madness emanating from what it has caught. They're not enough to affect you (thank God), but they'll burn through your net eventually. But for now, for the next few seconds, the net has enough power to hold, and you, you still have control over it. And that moon keeping it at bay? You can manipulate that too, good thing too - it's escaping its orbit, swinging out and aiming to strike you in the side.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Noriko and Yuki
<Hard to say. If it did, the facility itself would have the receiver. Though it might've just had security systems in place to prevent it from ever being taken offsite.>"
You have the sinking suspicion those systems might not be functional anymore.

Shef
Baghead reaches into his pocket and takes out a phone. Red too. Your comms unit lights up.
"Change of plans. You will be relieving Noriko. The people targeting her will now be targeting you."
"You are now cleared to engage foes and make contact with Yuki. Your adversary is now cleared to interfere directly. I'd suggest informing Noriko of the change - she left her comms unit at the resort."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:05:31 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: August 23, 2019, 07:40:09 am »

Shef turned to Sakurako and shrugged. "None of what I said really matters now. Swapping out with Noriko apparently. You can go if you want now." Shef suspected things would be a little more in the open now, and while having an extra informant around might be nice, it wouldn't be as vital.

He abrubtly set off, heading directly over to the guild hall. He'd keep an eye out for movements by the adversaries as long as he reasonably could, but if they attacked, well, so be it. He approached Noriko and Yuki, and interrupted the bioweapon conversation.

"Excuse me. Noriko, you're free to go. We're swapping out."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: August 23, 2019, 07:08:03 pm »

Yuki turned to the new arrival, and proceeded to, well, Yuki. "Swapping out? What do you mean? Who are you? Are you one of the students trying to trick us and get us to split up? Or maybe some secret spy type? Or maybe this is a <Truman Show> type deal and we're secretly on TV?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3354 on: August 23, 2019, 07:18:10 pm »

Noriko very nearly impaled the "stranger" on the spot, but thankfully for Shef she had some crumbs of composure left. "Look, if this is some stupid pun and you're about to attack me, I'm going to send you to the hospital in a matchbox. I've had quite enough of this shit today."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: August 23, 2019, 07:52:00 pm »

"TV? What? No!" An expression of uncomprehending confusion flashed across his face. His illusion's face. Oh. God, he'd forgotten about the disguise. How had he forgotten about the illusion? The motion prompts it displayed in his vision should have been obvious, he'd been following them to the letter. Somehow though, the fact that he did not look like himself had slipped his mind.

If he had remembered, he wouldn't have taken it off, certainly, but he could perhaps have avoided the confusion immediately.

"It's me. Sh--" He glanced around, the adversaries could have some method of eavesdropping. "The uh, person on your team. Look, see?" Shef conjured a little portal above his hand. "You left your comms at the resort. Gonna be switching places with you. You're free to. . . I dunno, take the princess back to the resort and hang with Kouta or something. I don't know, the AI just told me we're swapping out," Shef muttered.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: August 23, 2019, 07:55:58 pm »

"Oooooooh. Why are you a girl? Were you always a girl pretending to be a guy? Did you have some realizations and do magic stuff to fix it? I totally support the choice if that's what it is!"
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3357 on: August 23, 2019, 08:37:46 pm »

"Oh." Noriko visibly deflated. "Good. I was getting sick of this. You have fun tracking down this virus or whatever." She sighed. Was today really over with? "I just want to make sure my brother's okay. We're not related."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: August 23, 2019, 09:10:29 pm »

"Huh? No, I don't. . .? Under cover, sort of. It's an illusion." Shef fumbled in response to the questions. He shrugged, they'd have to take his word on that matter.

Of course Kouta wasn't blood related. Something related to the gossip articles perhaps, implying that he was? It didn't matter. "Yes. I. . .know that already. Get some rest, relax." After this dismissal, Shef hesitated a moment before adding, "Remember, Noriko, you owe me now."

Hmm. He hadn't quite meant it like that. So, to dig the hole deeper, he finished, "You know, one contract killing gratis." He gave a weak smile that made it unusually clear that he meant it in jest.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: August 26, 2019, 12:52:22 pm »

"Well, ok then! Glad you can help out. Uhhh, guess we should find that bioweapon thing first? You're a scary person you know how to do that right?" Because of course, scary people knew all about finding dangerous things.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 285