Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208149 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Citium School of Ass Beating
« Reply #3360 on: August 26, 2019, 01:48:40 pm »

Noriko frowned at Shef for a moment. He was joking, right? It was hard to tell. "Uh-huh. Well, thank you. Does that mean I can just take a train back now?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: August 26, 2019, 03:47:15 pm »

"No I'm not. And no, don't happen to know how to find a bioweapon. What kind of bioweapon? And why is there a bioweapon!?" Shef had arrived at the end of the conversation perhaps, but nothing after he'd wandered into earshot had made it clear what was actually going on.

Shef shrugged at Noriko's question. He'd only been given a little bit of info here. "Yeah, sure. Probably? I'm sure the princess can help you get back to the resort."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: August 26, 2019, 07:06:39 pm »

Noriko, Shef, and Yuki
Patricija was just sort of spacing out for all of this, not that she'd be able to understand much, if anything was going on anyways. She blinks twice, eyes flickering as if just waking up. She glances, quizzically almost at y'all, pressing her lips together before speaking "Te-" she coughs, awkwardly clearing her throat. The corners of her mouth twitch, a trace of confusion in her expression as if her mouth was not her own. She relaxes her mouth now speaking with it a little less wider, speaking with a little more confidence in her words "Testing... Testing... Can you understand me?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: August 26, 2019, 07:18:57 pm »

"Yes. And you?" It took a moment, but the only conclusion that could be reached was that this was some sort of language modifier. As a precaution, in the event that the translation was one direction, Shef also nodded purposefully.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: August 26, 2019, 08:15:42 pm »

Noriko, Shef, and Yuki
"I think so. It is, not uncommon for buffalo to bully other buffalo? If I were a fisherman, my job would be to catch fish?"

"Did that sound right?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: August 31, 2019, 08:32:14 am »

Minato looks around, groaning and wheezing from the punch; even through....whatever it is he was wearing now, it wasn't easy to take that hit.

An attack from the top was untenable, the lasers would catch any of his projectiles and Gandiva was fast, but not that fast. Moving to either side would get Minato nailed by either his arms or the lasers. Forward already proved itself to be suicidal; Minato was tough, but he couldn't quite take that, not without Rho Aias.

Which was currently dust in the air.

But....beneath.

Under his feet, he wouldn't suspect a thing. He'd think he was the only one with any real control of the arena, but Minato had been holding this one back for a while, partially because he didn't want him to see it, mainly because he didn't know if it would work.

This trick was one he hadn't demonstrated yet. Namely because he hadn't figured out how to do this yet. But hey, die or fly, right? It wasn't like he had any other options; the Bodhisattva wasn't quite weak enough to be finished off with a Gungnir kick right to the head, and there's no way he'd expect an attack from that direction.

Nothing for it but to try it.

Spend 1 Resolve, ready a healing potion. Minato feigns letting the attack hit him, while secretly fortifying the ground in front of him with as many weapons as he can pack inside it, saving two to move. Right before the attacks land, Minato blasts himself out of the way, using Gleipnir to yank the Bodhisattva into the now-trapped area to stab him and hold him in place, hopefully nailing himself with his own attacks.

[[6] 2 2 [5] 4 5 6 1 4 4]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Emperor's New Clothes]

It's the ground. They can't cover the ground. Their very construction leaves a blindspot right beneath them, and as far as they know you have no way to strike it. How wrong they are.

Let's fucking do this.

Your latest forgery is Ascalon, the Dragon-Slaying Spear. Such titles matter little here, at this level of invocation it is simply a spear, a long sharp stick. In theory it should be enough to outrange a foe's fists however many there are. In practice you aren't so confident here, but that's fine, what matters isn't what it can do, what matters is that looks you're actually trying. You twirl the spear in your hand as if testing the weight. Good, focus on the sharp shiny stick. Look at how it shines, how it dazzles. Carefully now, swiftly now, you slide the vial into your injector with your free hand, masking the motion by catching weapon's rear.

Then you charge.

An open palm guides your spear away, another crashes against your chest, forcing the air out of your lungs. You inject the potion and Ascalon detonates. That provides the horizontal component. A second detonation provides the vertical component. Two explosions at once, but how could your foe know that? All they know is there was a blast, and when that blast cleared, when their eye beam lanced you right out of the air, all you had left was the bow and the chain. When you used that chain to pull them with you, how could they have known that five weapons were buried right in front of them?

They couldn't.

[Now Playing: Kings]

Five spectral blades erupt from the ground stabbing and entrapping the Bodhisattva. Now there's no escape. Their arms could protect them from an explosion, they did that just now too - a couple arms from the right side were used to soak the blast from your initial escape. Thing is, they have to be between the blast and their body, and right now, those swords, those just improvised explosives, they're pressed right against the Bodhisattva's body.

The starlight swords do not move. The beam continues crashing against your chest, throwing you through the air. But you have plenty of potions, and you can still blast this fucker right damn now.

"...AND SO THE TABLES HAVE TURNED. I COMMEND YOU, MINATO."

The beam suddenly traces off your armor and rushes upwards before zigzagging back down, aiming to strike you from above and impale you upon the ring of starlight swords. The Bodhisattva itself remains still though auxiliary thrusters across their body begins to flare with energy. Guess they're planning on soaking this hit and repositioning for a counter.

The beam follow up you could probably dodge using an explosion, hell Gleipnir alone should be enough - it'll go off when you detonate the other forgeries anyways, it's the set up that's important now, picking tools and weapons for round 2.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3367 on: August 31, 2019, 12:34:45 pm »

"I think so. Although, why didn't you use that earlier? Especially given. . . you know, the amount of time we've been speaking." Noriko looked away awkwardly as she spoke.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: August 31, 2019, 07:37:21 pm »

Noriko, Shef, and Yuki
"Eheh sorry, I had to download everything first and then it turned out I didn't configure it properly."

"So what's going on? Who's your friend here?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3369 on: August 31, 2019, 10:27:37 pm »

"He's a teammate. And probably an ex-hitman or something, I dunno." She was trying to joke, but couldn't keep the note of genuine curiosity out of her voice. Of course, her tone dropped when she remembered the question she hadn't answered. "And, uh, the bioweapon is something that we apparently looted last night. I have no idea where it went and no, I don't want to talk about that."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: September 01, 2019, 09:29:43 am »

"No. Guess again." Shef commented, a little peeved. He knew it was unjustified given his comment.

"In any case. I'm relieving Noriko here, so I assume that the bioweapon is now my responsibility. Your highness, you're not really part of the training, just tagging along, right, so you can probably do what you want. Namely head to the resort with Noriko." As he finished, he surveyed the room. Would they be attacked simply talking here? Would the adversaries be required to wait until Noriko had exited, but then strike immediately?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: September 01, 2019, 09:46:49 am »

Noriko, Shef, and Yuki
"Hmm not a bad idea!"
She turns to face Noriko
"Mind if I tag along, I figure I still owe you for last night."

Enemies, they could probably attack you right now. Well Yuki at least. They don't neccesarily know you're you given the illusion and all that, not to mention that their previous target is still right high and possibly liable to interfere. Plus Baghead's group seems to be waiting, or biding. One or the other.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3372 on: September 01, 2019, 11:25:12 pm »

Noriko glanced around awkwardly. What was with the assumptions? Not that Patricija was that unpleasant to be around, but the circumstances that led to them moving around together were. . . unusual. . . and she didn't see why Shef would assume the woman would be following her back. It would be rude to decline, though. "I don't see why not." Translation: I can't think of a real reason to say no other than "I feel uncomfortable about what might have happened that I don't remember."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: September 02, 2019, 02:34:32 am »

Noriko
Leaving your temp phone behind you depart with your hopefully-not-a-one-night-stand, a little too aware of the eyes tracking you as you do so. Patricija leans in a bit closer speaking quietly into your ear
"Is this bothering you? I could get them off us if you don't mind a detour. Oh! we haven't had breakfast yet, wanna grab a bite to eat too? There's some good stalls here so it's pretty quick, my treat!"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: September 02, 2019, 08:17:08 am »

Shef pocketed the phone, that might be useful, and watched the two intently until he was certain they'd left the building.

"So uh, mind giving me a quick rundown on everything? Most of my intel's come from trash tabloid articles. What I've heard is something about crashing through a window with the princess, the battle you've had this morning, Noriko having a thing for her brother, and something about a bioweapon. So, not the most thorough nor accurate set of information. Also we've got at least two sets of adversaries still to go. One group, mainly after you two before, but now me also, and one possibly alone after me and probably now you."

"So. What have you got?"

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 285