Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208242 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Curse of Tamamo-no-Mae
« Reply #3675 on: October 26, 2019, 07:25:12 pm »

"Do you think you could like, destroy it by squeezing the shield down all tiny on it? Oh, and do you think we could go back to the ice cream place in a bit I told her that I'd be back to get the ice cream."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: October 26, 2019, 08:15:23 pm »

"I, uh, I dunno Yuki. I mean, about either thing? Trying to crush this thing is a bad idea when I don't know if it's even a rock or purely magic or not. Guess I'll try to put it down on the ground and I'll just blow it up if it doesn't dissipate. And, uh... I mean, yeah, you can go back and get the ice cream, but I don't know if we should talk about everything in front of someone who DID just get out of a fight with you...?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: October 26, 2019, 08:29:52 pm »

"I shot her. First blood should be triggered, and the reason they attacked was for training. But the question is still whether you want to trust some mind reader off the street." Shef commented, stretching and feeling a little bit lighter in the act.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: October 26, 2019, 08:47:48 pm »

Yuki stared for a few seconds without blinking. "...I'm not stupid, you know, I didn't mean like, talk about all the things in front of her. We can talk on the way and be done by the time we get there, and then I get ice cream and make her stop crying and then we can go do whatever it is we're doing. Although I mean, if she's not attacking anymore we could ask her to see if she can get anything about last night?"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 08:49:32 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: October 26, 2019, 08:52:04 pm »

Faith's breath hitched in her throat for a moment, as some part of her seemed to want to retort something at Yuki, but failing to find the stuck words, just sighed. "Right, yeah, that... I mean, yeah, I guess that would work, then. Uh, I'm gonna go try and take care of this rock real quick, then."

Moving outside, the blonde girl set the bubble-with-rock on the ground and then, carefully dispelled the bubble, to see if the spell stopped existing or not.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: October 26, 2019, 09:07:47 pm »

Faith
The rock just seems to slowly lose all detail, its grains, its texture, its shadow, its color, each piece of its existence fading away until nothing remains. You don't detect any traces of the spell left.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: October 26, 2019, 09:11:30 pm »

Yuki seems to pop back to cheerfulness fairly quickly, and as the spell dissipates she does some polite clapping. "Nice job Faith! When did you learn to do that? I don't have that good control over my shields yet and I can't really break up spells either."
Sigtext!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: October 26, 2019, 09:20:05 pm »

Faith shrugged a little. "Uh... it was all of the training that Sol and Luna put me through. Which... you know... sucked, but honestly it seems to be working out. I was starting to figure this stuff out in the whole... fucked up mansion mission, but I guess that training kind of made me consciously get a hold on it. My magic has definitely changed a lot."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3683 on: October 27, 2019, 02:09:02 am »

"Oh. I guess I can sorta get that. . . " It was easy to forget her home was as strange to the people that lived here  as this place was to her. "Getting used to people saying bad things about you, I mean, although I. . . never really learned to ignore it, I suppose. Noriko sighed again - she really needed to stop doing that. "I think we're getting close."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: October 27, 2019, 04:34:25 am »

Noriko
Patricija holds you a little tighter, tight enough to feel ear pulse if y'know, she had one. Still she's pleasantly warm at least. Sure enough the hexagonal snow globe of Guantanamo Bay soon comes into view and with it, the resort held within.
"<Oh wow, I've never been here before. I tried visiting it a while ago, before they really started work on the resort but um, it really didn't work out.>"

Some time ago
The gates were flimsy, utilitarian. A simple wire mesh topped with barbed wire. Fabric to hide the interior, guard tower to keep watch. Built from whatever materials they could scrape together, simple steel and plastic, concrete and cement. It seemed almost primitive. It was so ugly and yet, so flimsy, could this really keep the place safe? It looked like a simple fireball would blast through, let alone an Aramitama.

Two figures regard the gates. The first was a man sporting the powerful generically handsome build of an isekai protagonist, dressed in akubra hat and what could charitably be called military attire. At his hip was attached the harness locking him firmly to the ground, next to a boomerang and an awfully large knife. He was not the man the history books would remember him as and yet there was something unmistakeable about him, something about that glint in his eye. Standing beside was a young girl eyes filled with something a few shades more negative than wonder, a feeling not quite disappointment but still rather appalled, the crown on her head, an internet connection in her brain.

"<Are you sure this is Guantanamo Bay?>"
"<It is the only one I know of.>"
That, that couldn't be right. The air felt dead here. It was hot, humid, and yet she couldn't help but feel cold. There was no magic here, no mana in the air. Her charms had broken, her clothing had lost their lustre, even the snacks she brought for the two of them had crumbled into dust, sawdust to be exact. This barren empty land, this, was Earth. The cradle of civilization. To think people lived here, to think that to many this was all they knew.

A muffled scream breaks her reverie.
"<I don't think this is the right place...>"
"<...Mistakes may have been made.>"
With a shrug and some deal of confusion the two turn around and go back the way they came, and in the distance a soldier cries out "<Holy shit, is that Harold Holt?>"

And now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast
[Now Playing: Kataware Doki]

Your flight slows, the rush of the wind becoming a gentle sea breeze as the descent begins. Home. Home for now at least. You feel another pang of worry in your heart. Is Kouta safe? Will he be okay? If something happened... if something happened, Ren should be able to take care of it. She's capable, clearly experienced and well, she probably knows what it's like to worry... that girl at the hospital, that girl she was watching over. That girl she's left behind to help guide you. You doubt she'd take it lightly. If something happened, you would probably know by now. Enn and Winter, they, you, you can't call them reliable. Their focus is always elsewhere, some other call some other problem, but they, well, they care. They care unlike so many others in your life. If something did happen, they would tell you even if your comms unit is missing, even if you left your phone behind. That, you're sure about it. And yet, and yet, you can't shake that feeling, that something could be wrong, that lingering anxiety in your chest. It's, well, it's not just your Awakening is it? The confirmation that your nightmares really were real, that newfound power that you're pretty sure came with the ability to parallel process your own damn worries too.

No, things, well, things never have been very good have they? Family to family, foster home to foster home, you've started over, over and over again, maybe this will be the time you thought, a faint hope that grew only fainter. Running away with Kouta, that was probably the best decision you could have made, but it sure didn't feel like it at the time. Where the hell would you live? How would you get food? How would you survive? How, how? It was not an easy road and yet you made it work, one way or another, and what moments of happiness you've had since, you've guarded zealously, because you knew damn well how easy it is for it all to be taken away again.

It's hard, to forget those instincts, those inclinations, because as painful as they are, they probably kept you alive during those times. Something like that anyway. You know it's irrational, but it is a part of you, and so you worry still. And so when you spy Kouta there, sitting on the shore, happy and excited in his own little way, you can't help but to breath a sigh of relief.

With a streak of white water, with a series of splashing trails, a stone skips across the water, thrown with supernatural force. There was Ren, standing beside him, evidently the source of the stones. She doesn't see you yet but you do see her as she produces something from her pocket, something small, dull, and metallic. She presses it against her chest quietly, almost solemnly, and without a word skips it across the waves, a pair of silver tags sinking into the sea, never to return.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: October 27, 2019, 06:52:53 am »

It seemed as good a time to any to Shef to head out. First a quick stop in the bathroom to perform the bug check that had been so rudely interrupted, and then out into the street.

"You think we could detour to. . .here, on the way over to the ice cream place. Without making Maria wait too long." He knew what he needed, so it'd be just a quick in and out.

As they walked, Shef began to relate his knowledge of the previous night's occurrences. "Regarding last night, the picture is incomplete. We know that Yuki and Noriko left the resort after accidentally drinking something intoxicating. There's a large empty spot there, until they call in at the guild, having performed a quest or something. At this point Yuki, you apparently drank some enchanted whiskey. You get a new quest, to pick up a bioweapon, and. . .two hours later? The guild gets a selfie from a night club with Yuki and Noriko and the bioweapon. Then the guild hears nothing till morning."

"But, we have the phone Noriko was using last night, and a few leads. One of them was a woman who the two of them did some, well they modeled for her eromanga? She's assured us that their likenesses were changed, and they've been paid. Shef brushed past this quickly, not certain what to even say about it. "After that, Noriko went on a date with the princess, which looked nice for her. She left earlier because of exhaustion." No, that wasn't the major thing, but, moving on.

"What else. . .we've got a set of people from the military attacking us for training, one group indicated there might have been a run in with the law last night. And beyond that? In the dark, with some phone numbers to investigate. So we've been running around fending off students and being tricked by my adversary. Sakurako helped us out of that one."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:56:29 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: October 27, 2019, 04:04:07 pm »

"It's all really confusing, yeah. It doesn't sound like we did anything too bad? Oh yeah and Noriko's on a date, that's nice for her. She's been super super stressed lately even before the whole thing so her relaxing will be nice."
Sigtext!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: October 27, 2019, 11:39:39 pm »

Sakurako is probably having quite a time, though she's kinda gotten lost in the buzz for a bit, sorta riding the cocaine superhighway as it were, though she manages to keep... well, hopefully somewhere in the general idea of stable while teetering on the brink of the higher portions of her mind just deciding that they had had enough and going on strike for a bit which, to be fair, would be rather problematic.

some dim part of her remembers that she had something she had to do when she went out this morning.

something about... tanning? Training! Right! Training.

Shit she had had all of one duel and lost it.

That's going to be... trouble.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: October 28, 2019, 08:54:34 pm »

Sakurako
Right so what were you doing again? Right, you handed the vial in at the guild, and then er, went somewhere? You think tea was involved? Where are you again? You look around, finding yourself in a dark cavernous chamber, the stonewrought walls extending so high up you cannot see the ceiling. Five robed figures stand around a stone alter holding candles that burn with sickly green flames, a great skeleton of some monstrous beast you do not recognize is suspended above, held aloft by chains binding limbs and protrusions for which there are no names. And as the figures chant in some tongue dead and forgotten, blood pours from the skull into the chalice below, a rich deep red overflowing from it and spilling across the alter and into the channels engraved into the floor.

So, that's a thing.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: October 29, 2019, 05:24:28 pm »

"They-- they modeled for an eromanga?? This little declaration from Shef had Faith pretty much instantly seething with a sputtering response, but then the rest of what Shef had said --namely that there was something to do with a god damned bioweapon-- caught up with her, and Faith was left sputtering for a different reason. "Did you-- did you just say-- bioweapon?!" Faith then started to massage her temples, but in vain, because there was nothing that would be able to stop the headache she felt coming on. "And THEN there's the getting attacked. Wow. I, uh... what in the world night did you have, Yuki...?"

Faith lapsed into silence for a moment. "I'm definitely going to want to talk to whoever had her model for an eromanga, in a... different context, but for now we should... yeah, probably deal with the bioweapon. I assume you guys are already on that, so I'll help."
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 285