Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208300 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Curse of Tamamo-no-Mae
« Reply #3720 on: November 11, 2019, 04:19:52 am »

Faith's voice became about an octave higher as Fiona nonchalantly gave her answer. "<What do you mean for future reference? You had better not be thinking of trying anything about... ugh... ugh!" Faith let out an infuriated groan as she clenched her fists, willing herself to settle down, and then she spoke again. "<Look. I'm told that my sister modeled for an eromanga of yours while intoxicated. I want to know if you did anything to her while she couldn't understand and couldn't consent.>"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: November 11, 2019, 05:06:16 am »

Faith
"<Try what?>" She asks, looking up from the sketchpad she's been scribbling away at. "<And don't worry, they were both fully clothed and nothing sexual happened. Learned that lesson already.>" Uhh...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: November 12, 2019, 02:40:09 pm »

Area of denial attack indeed. Minato thought quickly. Charging forwards wasn't going to work, not if that attack was going to nail him right when he was charging into it. The summoner, however, wasn't defending herself, not that he could see.

She was hoping he'd be stupid enough to charge right into Abraxas' attack. It was the only way forward. Minato, however, had one asset, one card to play.

Luin Celtchair was still in his hand, after all, and it would target any enemy it could if Minato wasn't actively controlling it. It was the legend of the spear, after all, a spear so angry that it killed enemies even before the wielder used it to fight. All he needed to do was loose the spear and wreak havoc.

The army- most armies, in fact- advised against the practice of 'cooking' grenades. Grenades were volatile, they were explosive, and you didn't want them in your hand when they blew up.

Right now, Abraxas had a grenade, and Minato was going to set it off.
Let Luin Celtchair go, aiming it at the attack in Abraxas' hand deliberately to detonate the attack before Abraxas can lob it at Minato. While Abraxas is distracted, blow four weapons to ram into the summoner with Rho Aias forward to parry any incoming attack from forward.
[[3] 3 1 3 4 2 6 5 3 6]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:42:10 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: November 12, 2019, 10:27:42 pm »

Faith deflated with relief. "<Oh, thank God. Okay, well, that seems like one less thing to worry about, for now.>" Faith then remembered the other thing that she was indignant about, however. "<And what I mean is that... that... don't do anything regarding my chest! I'm sick and tired of that sort of thing, and God can I see it coming, so just... don't. ...and wait, what are you drawing?>" Faith tried to get a peek of what Fiona was working on.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: November 12, 2019, 10:44:13 pm »

Faith
You deflate but sadly your chest never will, speaking of which, that's basically what Fiona's putting to paper. Not your chest mind you, but sketches of torsos of similar such endowment.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: November 13, 2019, 03:36:16 am »

Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: I'll Face Myself]

Two swords plunge into the dying flames and for an instant, the dying embers burn with life anew. Sparks fly, metals grinds, and Abraxas is hurled back, just fucking ragdolled as a silver streak nails him in the goddamn throat. Orbs comes flying at you, but the shot's gone wide, you got time before it consumes the area. Not quite according to plan - Luin went for the jugular, you can work with this though.

There's a deafening roar, a feeling of profound speed, and a hard thump. Next thing you know you're skidding forwards the Urbane Evoker pinned against your shield by sheer velocity and quite hurt at that. Beneath the cowl you see her grit her teeth, beneath the cowl you see sixteen motes of light diminish by four. You see blue flames turn to raging water, fierce eyes and a gleaming crown, sharp teeth and the heavyweight champion title belt.

"<Sobek.>"

Abraxas fades and a surge of water hammers against your shield, aiming to force you back while simultaneously launching the Evoker away. Rising from the depth is Sobek, the Crocodile God, the Warden of the Nile, the Might of Pharaohs, Sobek who reunified Osiris, who wards away evil, who fights and fucks with the same breath. By the looks of it, he's also apparently pro-wrestler in this form.

So yeah, wall of water trying to blow you and the Evoker away from each other, Sobek's coming out of it fist-first. Not sure what the Evoker's doing ontop of that - Sobek's GLORIOUS SCULPTED ABS and FRIGHTFULLY LARGE PACKAGE are kinda blocking your view right now.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Yuki
An incredibly sketchy boy clad in a mantle of shadows bumps into you. You think, you feel him brush past you and next thing you know you're facing the wrong way. "<Sorry!>"

Shef
You are approached by an adventurous young woman and a well-dressed young man. Though the girl leads, it is the boy who speaks "<What a fine expression... such focus, such intensity. The gaze of a girzzled veteran, of a haunted man. Sends shivers down my spine really, now that, that is prime protagonist material right there, ah but what for? A tragedy? A thriller? Such a classic archetype but I must confess, strange as it might sound my mind jumps straight to 'harem', I daresay we've enough generic leads as it is,no no, we could do with someone more like you, someone a little darker, a little less usual, after all a character should be interesting, no? And a protagonist must be most be all interesting of all...>"
The girl/meatshield kinda just stands there, looking like she'd rather be somewhere other than here.
"<Ah but where are my manners? My name is Sébastien Belmont, tell me, what is your name and how do I get the rights to your story?>"
They're both wearing combat passes. Student ones.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:38:36 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Farce Begins
« Reply #3726 on: November 13, 2019, 07:25:35 am »

Shef held back his initial instinct to attack, that secondary idea to test their combat passes if that was possible, and suppressed the small tertiary urge to state that he was flattered, but quite frankly, what the fuck. Instead, he hesitated, glanced back and forth between the two, and then said:

{"I'm sorry, I don't speak English."} This was spoken in passable Spanish, then followed by, in broken English, "No english." With that he began backing away.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: November 13, 2019, 08:07:46 am »

Despite her general naivete, Yuki had seen enough tv to have the sense to check all her pockets after being bumped into. She wasn't sure what she had that would actually be worth stealing but maybe something had been knocked out of her pocket or something.

"No, my bad for standing around in the middle of the place! Sorry!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: November 13, 2019, 08:20:09 am »

Noriko
"Oh um, no. Just taking in the views. Sorry, a friend of mine really wanted to visit here actually, can never find the time though. So I feel like I should try and appreciate it as much as I can." Uh-huh. And Patricija? Well, she's slowly inching towards Kouta with an expression of uh, is that concern? She kinda stares at you expectantly and gingerly moves to poke him.

Shef
"<Ingles? Is that->"
"<Spanish, I think.>"
Okay, just need to slip away, don't do anything to make them suspicious and...
"<Wait! Wait uh..  ES-SPEAR! Commo tea er, llamas why commo ob-tengo(?) los derek-os de too historia?>"
You turn to find him reading something off his phone, you think he's trying to repeat that last sentence in Spanish? You're guessing he's not too familiar with it.

Yuki
Hmm, nothing missing... he does look shady though but
"<LLAMAS! Why commo otengo los de-ree-kos dee too historia?>"
"<Sebastien, I don't think he understands you, maybe we should just->"
"<No! Inspiration calls and I will surrender it so easily!>"
Is, is Shef speaking Spanish?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:24:27 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: November 13, 2019, 08:31:12 am »

"<Ohoho, NO. You're not going ANYWHERE.>"
Minato was better at projecting his magic at range now, true. That stunt he'd just pulled was only just because he'd gotten better at aiming.

But up close? That's where Minato shone. Swords, spears and all the like were a LOT easier to use when your enemy was at kissing range, after all; everything else in his arsenal was just to pin his enemies down so he could get closer. And that's exactly where he was.

Sobek was going to be a problem, yes. But if the Summoner had had any tricks to stop Minato from getting too close, she hadn't used them yet. Which left Minato a LOT of ways to play around, but the problem at hand was going to need to be handled first.

And Sobek wasn't going to attack his own summoner.
Activate Gleipnir and tie the Evoker to Minato. Sacrifice four forgeries to pull her as close to Minato as humanly possible, sacrifice another two to strengthen the chains to keep them as strong against Sobek as possible, while Minato smashes her into his shield again, positioning her between himself and Sobek.
[[3] 1 3 4 2 6 [5] 3 6 6]

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: November 13, 2019, 10:15:02 am »

{". . .I'm sorry, I need to go."} Shef said, wincing at the attempted spanish, all the while continuing his retreat. If it would be possible without being too obvious, he'd begin caching portals, if he was missing any.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: November 14, 2019, 12:15:10 am »

Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: I'll Face Myself]

Sobek appears, force and fury, violence and virility. Good for him. You know what you got? This fucking chain. Six blades burn to naught and Gleipnir rushes forth binding the summon and master and chaining them together before you. Sobek struggles against the chains, eyes glaring at you with ironically impotent fury as you move around for the finishing blow. Your target seems to take it in better humor.

"<Oh my, what a bold approach~>"

She smiles.

"<I must confess though - I don't like being tied down~ Sobek, if you would...>"

Sobek dissipates.

Gleipnir retracts, seeking to constrict and bind; problem - Sobek's a fucking big dude. Real big dude, needed a lot of chain to hold him, not like to ward against his strength even, no, just to actually wrap around his limbs and restrain him. With him gone now, all that extra chain, all that extra length, it becomes slack, looseness, escape potential.

The Evoker spins round, black cowl sweeping through the air as she turns to run. No matter, the side of your shield rushes forth

And hits nothing.

That cape, it's not a fashion statement it's concealment! It hides her actions!  She wasn't spinning around to run, she was spinning for a leg sweep! Guiding your arm away with her staff, she sweeps under your strike and forces you off balance, your swords rush down to pierce her but they stop just short - they're caught. Caught on her gloves, or rather what they've sprouted - black triangular blades like the fins of a shark lining her forearms. Not sure what their usual function is, but here they act as swordbreakers, a way to catch and lock incoming blades.

Fifteen motes begin to burn away as she lets go of the staff, pivoting and conjuring a multitude of blades in the now-free hand, some kind of throwing weapon vaguely reminiscent of a boomerang or a large ornate shuriken.

A lot of them too. She's more than well within blasting range, but despite seeing that they can explode, she seems awfully confident that they won't be an issue, or at least that you can blow them and she'll still stay on some recent footing.

She's acting tough, but she didn't just dismiss Sobek, no, Gleipnir wouldn't allow that, she had to seal him. Guy didn't just tag out, no no no, he's been fucking benched. Close quarters and magic protection. Not something you wanna be missing in a fight against you.

Motes, you're guessing her magic and summons run off of them, and she's generating them at the same rate as you. In that case, fifteen is quite a hefty bet. Fifteen and an attack. That leaves two motes in case she bets wrong, or y'know, to heal. Though you're guessing Chiron's needed for that, Chiron who she hasn't resummoned.

Quite the wager, now, how will you make it fail?

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Shef
"<What is he saying?>"
"<How am I supposed to know? I don't speak Spanish!>"
"<Hmm, oh wait Eleutheria would know right? Mayhap you could dial her.>"
"<I am not calling her.>"
Okay good, just slowly back away and... hmm need to signal to Yuki to leave too.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 03:41:03 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: November 15, 2019, 10:16:19 am »

Shef would choose between these two options, depending on how much attention the two students seemed to be paying attention to him. If it seemed safe, he'd simply text Yuki, telling her it it was time to go.

If getting his phone out and doing that seemed like it'd be too risky, he'd try to surreptitiously open a set of portals to slowly lead Yuki away. Not for her to walk through, no. Simply some very small portals in the ground that she'd hopefully see, and follow form entrance to exit. If this also seemed impossible, due to lack of line of sight, or whatever else, simply bump into her and whisper that they were leaving.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: November 15, 2019, 06:49:39 pm »

Sakurako
"<I dunno, I thought you were here for the school festival.>"

Shef
Well the girl doesn't care but the boy's eyeing you like a hawk with a restraining order. Still it seems unlikely just usig a phone will trigger anything so you shoot off a quick text to Yuki.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3734 on: November 15, 2019, 07:08:28 pm »

A friend of hers. . . Noriko wondered if this was the girl in the hospital where she'd first met Ren. "Hopefully you can bring something back for them." She wasn't going to pry. . . about that, anyway. There was something else that warranted questioning, though. She walked back over toward Kouta and Patricija, looking at the latter with a bit of concern. "Is there something wrong?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 285