Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210788 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - You Are (Not) Straight
« Reply #3795 on: December 01, 2019, 08:15:44 am »

Shef
Shirts and pants. Self-fitting and in bland and inoffensive colors should be good you think.

You come out to find a burner phone duct-tapes to the ground with a post-it not saying Not poisoned. I promise.

It begins to ring.

Sakurako
"<Well...>"
"<You kinda barged into our club room and demanded tea.>"
"<I guess we -are- the tea ceremony club but it was super weird!>"
"<Kinda rude too, no offense.>"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: December 01, 2019, 12:00:08 pm »

Two pairs, should be good enough for now. Shef made his purchase, and on the way out, stopped to glance down at the phone. First, a requiem commanding it to dispel contructs or illusions or similar. There was a moment of hesitation, was there some reason Ignis couldn't talk in person right now? No, Shef assured himself, not worth the risk. So he pulled out his pistol and shot the phone, before walking away.

He'd portal down into the tunnels below the seats again, and toss the clothes to Sera, illusion still active. <"You can cover up with these. . .again, sorry about that."> He averted his gaze, muttering, <"Wasn't supposed to happen.">
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 12:04:28 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: December 02, 2019, 09:00:15 pm »

Faith clapped as Yuki and Shef won the fight, and then stood up off of the bleachers. "Well, Yuki... honestly, sitting at the sidelines and just watching was a bit stressful, so I think I'm gonna head off now, okay? I'm more confident that nothing... bad happened to you either, so I guess I'm pretty satisfied with what I came here for too." Here she turned towards the now-defeated enemies, hands around her mouth. "<AS LONG AS A CERTAIN SOMEONE REALIZES THAT IF HE TRIES ANYTHING FUNNY WITH YOUR UNDERWEAR AGAIN, THERE'S GONNA BE HELL TO PAY.>"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: December 02, 2019, 09:03:29 pm »

Yuki walked over a bit so Faith didn't have to shout to be heard. "Ok! Sorry about that, I don't think I really get a choice for when we get attacked. I'm fine though, yeah! Have fun with whatever it is you wanna do. ...I should go back and pick up my ice cream, huh. Anyways!" Instead of finishing the sentence she just gives Faith a hug, which might be a tad awkward with the weird clothing shift but Yuki didn't seem to notice. The hug also seemed a bit... firmer than it should have been? Which given that apparently her clothing had auto-modesty stuff was probably part of that.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 09:20:57 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: December 02, 2019, 09:39:42 pm »

Faith
"<Is that including bra- oh, nevermind.>"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: December 02, 2019, 10:21:13 pm »

"Oh. Ooh. Wow I am so sorry, I was probably on a lot of cocaine at the time, I think it's calmed down, though. I'm very sorry for my rudeness and will do my best to make it up to you if I can."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3801 on: December 03, 2019, 12:00:01 am »

I don't even know why I bothered pretending in the first place. Noriko was doing her best not to stare unabashedly, she really was, but she'd been quite stressed of late and so her self-control was a bit eroded. That, and she had already exposed herself (figuratively, not in the way that seemed to be happening in every direction she looked) to Patricija once, so it wasn't as if she was going to learn anything new from the way Noriko's eyes tracked her a bit too intently before swapping to one of the other choice specimens in the area. To her credit, when Kouta tugged at her, she did break her threefold observation to take him into the water and toss a floating ball they'd brought back and forth a bit. . . though with her newfound ability to multitask, this didn't stop her from continuing to watch out of the corner of her eye anyway. She almost would have pulled it off if it wasn't for the seemingly permanent pink tinge her cheeks had taken.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: December 04, 2019, 10:03:52 am »

Faith
It's cold. So so cold. Why is it so cold?
"Faith! Faith can you hear me?"

A voice echos at the edges of your consciousness, louder and louder.

"Faith!"

Your eyes snap open.

Snow. The place is covered in snow. It's knee-deep and you're lying in it. It's freezing in here. Ice covers every surface, tendrils of frost mar the dresses , the other shoppers they're frozen too. No, not just frozen, they're encased, imprisoned in blocks of ice, frozen in motion, a wintery Pompeii.

It's a clothing store you were browsing the wares, seeing if you could get anything warded. That was until Enn suddenly yelled in your ear. You raised your shield an now, this.

What the hell happened?

"Your typical run of the mill supervillain attack. Looks to be the work of General Frost. Don't worry about the people; they'll be fine when they thaw, wouldn't recommend the experience though. Dont worry, this isn't your mess to clean up, but I digress, let's focus on getting you out."

You're guessing that's going to be a little trickier than just walking out the door. You conjure energy shaping it around you. It takes the bite off the chill. The chill you feel on your skin at least. There's another one too though, the feeling of ice magic, permeating the very air.

"These superweapons usually only fire once. It's the henchman you'll need to worry about now. "

That's, not reassuring. The situation you're in, it's not exactly good. You're in the middle of a shopping center, second floor. The place was packed with people, there's no way you can fight at full power in here.

"Contact! Sweepers inbound! They're heading this way."
"Automatons most likely. They should have a spherical core somewhere inside them, destroy that to stop them. And watch your fire against the proper henchman, you'll know when you see them - defeat them, do not kill them. We're dealing with cartoon villains here, not rabid dogs."
"Hex that patch of snow in front of the store. I think we can get a first strike on at least one of them. Stay out of sight for now, wait for an opportunity first."

The accessories aisle should provide ample concealment. Might be able to peek through too.

Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)

Noriko
Commencing parallel processing.

The false sun shines down through the dome, radiance filtered, magnified. The light kisses your skin with the warmth of summer, balanced by the cool waters and the soft gentle breeze. Fine velvet-like sand slips between, rushing back and forth with the gentle currents of the pellucid waters. It feels almost foreign to you, when was the last time you've been to the beach? You can hardly remember. It's been years. You, well, you were always planning to visit again, visit with Kouta, but you never had the time, never had the opportunity, till now at least.
So the boy takes out a bottle of what you suspect to be sun lotion and begins to apply it to his companion with hasteful diligence. Dextrous hands slathering every inch of her delicate skin with glistening oil, spreading and kneading into her pliable flesh, starting with the arms and then her shoulders, stomach, and back hands coming dangerously close to the bandages as he attends to her with a mix of care and indifference. He's careful to cover each inch but he's a little rough too, more concerned with speed than comfort as if this were simply a chore to perform, and perhaps to him it is, perhaps to her too given that she's patiently waiting more than anything else shifting her arms to give him better access, extending a leg to let him run his lotion-slicked hands down their length.
Patricija glides through the water, movements small and effortless. Each little kick of her smooth slender legs sends her spiraling through the crystal waters every inch of her body on full display for your rigorous perusal.

If she notices your gaze she doesn't seem to mind, content to enjoy her time in the water drifting across a wide arcing path and eventually finds its way to you.
You are standing on the beach, on a shallow sandy slope beneath the waters, a fairly mundane affair that extends for several more meters before it drops right down an into the fantastical. Through the water you can see that which lies below this "step" - a vibrant expanse of flowers and and coral, motes and spirits, an artificial sanctuary more garden than reef, brilliant in vibrancy yet tempered with a certain measured sterility, something like an interactive art exhibit, a grand system of engineered organisms.
Soon enough the two switch places, the girl beginning to apply lotion to the boy's body, massaging the glistening liquid across his chest and abs, lifting his jacket to run her hands down his spine for good measure. She's a little more measured in her movements but about just as dispassionate. The two seem to be talking about something as this happens but what they say is lost to the wind and the waves.

Silvery metal traces across his jackets and trousers, blue magic circles sparking to life from them - arcane thrusters. They flare to life and lift him off the ground as he grabs the girl's shawl, lifting her up with him and taking to the skies.
Water streams down Patricija's body as rises up from the water, doing little to distract from her outfit and how it seems simultaneously fitted and ever-so-slightly tight, something particularly noticeable at the chest area where makes her fairly limited chest that much harder to forget.

It's a little worse than that even. Your Requiem grants you control over the air, and with it comes a certain degree of tactile sensation. And with her this close, well, it's impossible not to feel her. The sensations are clumsy, muted, as if felt through thick gloves or mitts, you never had much need for any finer detail, at least, not to wield your spears. Course in practice, dangling a treat just out of reach is more frustrating than soothing and worse you're pretty sure with enough concentration you could sharpen those senses...
Patricija resurfaces next you.
"<You look great! Mind if I join in?>"
The pair fly overhead giving you quite the eyeful as they descend, skimming just above the underwater gardens they appear to now tour.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:02:16 pm by Empiricist »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Winter Is Coming
« Reply #3803 on: December 05, 2019, 12:02:55 am »

Faith took a long, silent moment to look around the frozen store, sudden panic slowly simmering down to something of a sense of general disgust as the situation was explained and she began to calm down. This... this... this was fucking stupid! Softly and quietly groaning, though it felt loud internally, Faith shook her head. "Yeah... sorry to ignore your advice, but I'm really not having this," she said quietly -- and in Japanese, in case something was listening.

Then she began sneaking towards the exterior wall she was closest to, taking cover where she could, popping up a Shield of Courage once she got close to the wall. Alter the last 2 to a 3 and use it for the Hyper.
World Line:  1 4 2 1 5 5 1 2-->3 1 1

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: December 05, 2019, 01:23:28 am »

Shef
The phone doesn't seem to react. Guess it's most likely a copy then. Or he's developed a countermeasure. Either way it ain't worth the risk. Copy or not it could be cursed, boobytrapped, or worse. You put a bullet in it and portal the remains into a bin.

The amphitheater is crumbling as you re-enter it, the great stands eroding away to dust, the endless expanse of scaffolding rising back into the heavens. There's still time though, time to well, try and make amends. You hand Sera the clothes. She's looks taken aback almost, as if expecting something other than courtesy. She nods, quickly slipping on the short and pants. "<Thanks. Thanks, and sorry.>"

And with that the arena crumbles to dust, scattering wihh the winds. Faith has gone it seems, but you spot a familiar face in the dispersing crowds - Minato.

"<So... you speak English...>"

Faith
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

"Understood. We'll watch your back."

You'll be out before that matters you're sure. You sneak on over to the exterior, wedging yourself between a shelf and the window, the expanse darkened with a layer of black ice. You feel magic coursing through it. Again, won't matter. You've enough firepower to blast through you're sure. Shelf should help conceal you, but you haven't the time nor the energy to hide your tracks. Still you're hardly planning on playing hide and seek here.

"It's here."
"Sweeper is preparing to open fire."

You didn't hear anything at all. So they're silent. Good for future reference. It probably saw your tracks. Whatever, you're ready now. Let's do this.

"Maintain a high velocity as you exit. That ice try to retaliate as soon as you breach."

Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 07:16:08 am by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: December 05, 2019, 07:01:03 am »

Shef looked around, he wasn't going to give up his advantages that easily, even if the fight was over. If the guy didn't knoe about the illusion. . .but how could he not. He'd hear from the adventuress, he'd deduce from seeing Shef's illusion walk of with Yuki, he'd have to guess, no point in holding out, on both the illusion, and speaking english. If he'd had more time, he might have tried to escape after dropping off the clothes, then call Yuki away. But now, no point.

<"Apparently yes. Do you need something?"> They'd won the battle, so this Bel guy would have no excuse to pester him.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: December 05, 2019, 07:19:39 am »

Shef
"<Iwanttherightstoyourlifestory!>"
"<*sigh* Here we HP again. You know you can't pester him right? We lost.>"
"<Ah, but the good sir has yet to deem it such! And I am confident we can reach some manner of mutually benefit.>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: December 05, 2019, 07:24:20 am »

<"Preemptively, no, no idea why you'd expect anyone to agree to this. Specially with how vague you're being. Why do you want this anyway?">
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 08:48:57 am by Strider03 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: December 07, 2019, 08:33:40 am »

Shef
"<Is your pedigree not obvious to yourself? You are interesting, your story worthy of my talents though I have yet to know what it is... and of course you have that peculiar air about you, that strange and peculiar feeling, the same I have around my dear Seraphino here.>"
"<What.>"
"<So... what you're saying is you swing both->"
WHAP
Ah, so that's what the newspaper's for.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: December 07, 2019, 08:39:22 am »

"<What do you mean, and how do I get rid of it.>" Shef griped. "<The answer remains no, and the reason should be obvious to you. Imagine that killing or hurting me was a puzzle, so that when one both found all the pieces and put them together, I'd be harmed in some way. Should never let someone gather half the pieces of the puzzle and put them together, and just put that out in the world.>" Too paranoid sounding maybe, but he could explain it as part of the job.

"<If I had to fight the same Aramitama twice, and it put together that I was the one from some book, imagine the advantage they'd have in the second battle. Hostages, tactics, worldview, who knows. Ritual magic that requires sacrificing meaningless but uncommon bits of knowledge about a target, not an impossibility.>"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 04:16:46 pm by Strider03 »

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 285