Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210992 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Winter Is Coming
« Reply #3810 on: December 07, 2019, 07:06:24 pm »

Sakurako
"<Oh no, it's no big deal->"
Bam! Door flies open, there's a student dressed in a black suit of the armor with a clear plexiglass visor and a matching cloak.
"<Guys, we gotta get going! Concert starts in five!>"
"<Oh whoops! Lidia, d'you have the request details?>"
"<Yes, we can brief on the way there.>"
"<Sorry Sakurako, but we've gotta run now! You're free to come with if you want?>"

Shef
"<Wait they pit us against Godslayers?>"
"<Ho ho ho! So that is why the little girl is so strong!>"
"<Remove it? I have never thought of such, I am not even sure if such can be done. Call it writer's intuition, I know there's something about it, but be it intrinsic, extrinsic or something else entirely, I cannot tell.

Your profession is, troublesome. I had thought you were an instructor or an adventurer, to have foes around each corner, thy would complicate things... I suppose I could take matters more as inspiration than truth, more guidance than ink charted course, surely there is more to you than just->"

" <Sir, you really don't need to keep listening to him. We'd be here all day if you did.>"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 07:17:30 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: December 07, 2019, 07:33:48 pm »

"<Yes, you're right. Be seeing you then,>" Shef said uncertainly. <"You all did good, by the way.>" With that, he resolutely strode off over to Yuki.
Yuki cheerfully waved off MAGNUM VON CHAINSAW. "It was a good fight! Had a lot of fun! We should do this again sometime!" she called as he and the adventuress flew through the portal. Then she turned to Shef. Oh, you're here. Where did you go for like half the fight? Were you off chasing some lead on an archnemesis that you just had to follow even if it meant abandoning the fight? Or do a shady arms deal while nobody was looking? And weren't there more of- oooooh. Sorry for tunnel-visioning, I think?"

"I went shopping, and no, I didn't discuss it with you, nothing to be sorry about. The point was for people to tunnel vision and not know where I was. Just, mainly them. Need some clothes?"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 07:37:37 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: December 07, 2019, 07:41:55 pm »

"Oh, I should heal you too right? Right." Yuki then did that. Not via hyper though. "Clothes?" She looked down and saw the heavy damage and dramatic shift of her clothes. "Oh, cool, this one changes when it get's damaged? Anyways. I guess maybe? I don't really feel too cold or anything but Faith yelled at me to put on clothes last time something like this happened."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: December 07, 2019, 08:22:37 pm »

"Uh, yeah. Not really about the cold though. . . It's up to you, but if you don't mind, it'd probably make Faith happy, right?" Shef held out the second pair he'd grabbed at the store--he'd really need to get something for himself later.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: December 07, 2019, 08:36:35 pm »

Yuki shrugged, and took the clothes and started pulling them on over what she was already wearing. "Alrighty then! ...Where are we going next again?"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 09:00:19 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: December 07, 2019, 09:02:36 pm »

"Wasn't there something to do with ice cream? You and Faith earlier, were you done there, or. . .?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: December 07, 2019, 09:03:25 pm »

"Oh, right, I was supposed to head back there. Do you mind?"
Sigtext!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: December 07, 2019, 09:17:06 pm »

"No, not at all. If it was supposed to be a private affair, I can go off and do something for a bit, but if not, I'll definitely come along. Don't want to be poisoned again." With that, Shef was ready to head off.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Citium School of Ass Beating
« Reply #3818 on: December 07, 2019, 10:23:25 pm »

Shef and Yuki
So you're all back at the ice cream place. Hooray. Trick back is mostly uneventful, though Shef notices that Ignis hasn't actually posted anything about the recent battle.

Anyways, Maria is there and icecream list is as follows:
  • True Coffee: Like coffee flavored ice-cream but it encaptures the whole coffee experience a lot better with a layered construction consisting of a foamy exterior lightly dusted with chocolate and a denser coffee interior. Though the ice-cream itself is cold it emits the rich aroma of hot coffee.
  • Ignian Cookie Dough: It's like regular cookie dough ice-cream, but the cookie dough cooks itself and soaks up the vanilla ice-cream before uncooking itself and releasing it, this process happens in uneven patches giving it a unique consistency.
  • Rehardening Vanilla: So it's vanilla ice-cream but whenever you take a bite out of it, the exposed icecream hardens and puffs out into a nice crunchy exterior so that every bite has that nice satisfying crunch.
  • Foxfire Delight: Sort of like chili chocolate except instead of chili it's actual fire with some globs of what are best described as flavored napalm, all of which feel very very hot despite not actually being able to burn you. Thankfully the cool chocolate icecream quickly neutralizes the heat.
  • Liquid Delirium: An energetic substance that ebbs and flows with fresh cream flowing through its roiling coils. Its exact physical properties seem to alter as you eat it as if pre-programmed in some manner. Its flavor is pretty simple but in an elegant and efficient way, though you do feel like something is watching you.
  • Nolstalgia: Shockingly mundane in flavor. It tastes exactly like an ice-cream you had a long time ago, back when your father gave a damn. Those were happier times, you can almost feel the hot Miami sun and taste the hints of sea spray...
  • Ephemeral Bliss: It tastes amazing. It tastes like the best thing you've ever tasted, but it's fleeting, oh so fleeting, the moment it leaves your tongue you can't even remember the taste, leaving you feeling almost a little empty.
  • Astral Storm: A chilled swirling mass of energy with a texture closer to a dense gas than a solid, the flavor is indescribable though not unpleasant either, with the intricate hints in it changing with its turbulence and discharges of energy sending jolts of flavor tingling into your tongue.
  • Air Conditioning: Utterly flavorless and insubstantial, but while eating it you feel the cold wind of an air conditioner blowing down on you, and it actually does seem to cool you down.
  • Beethoven's 3π + 9ith in Anarcho-Republican Green: It tastes like nothing you've ever tasted before. Guess this is what Beethoven's 3π + 9ith in Anarcho-Republican Green tastes like, whatever the hell Beethoven's 3π + 9ith in Anarcho-Republican Green is.
((Want any of them or should I reroll?))

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: December 07, 2019, 10:38:16 pm »

Try the rehardening vanilla and the cookie dough, and air conditioning. Otherwise Shef will try to make himself as inconspicuous as possible. No full on requiem use, but maybe let it bleed through a bit.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: December 07, 2019, 10:46:59 pm »

Yuki cheerfully waves to Maria as she returns. "Hi again! Back, sorry we got detoured by another fight. Think I'll go for... maybe a couple scoops of the vanilla one with the coffee one on top?" she says as she takes a seat.
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: December 08, 2019, 03:00:21 am »

Shef
Well no one looks too oddly at you, so that's a good start. The mix has a crunchy exterior by a more doughy crumbly interior soaked with creamy goodness. The air-con also helps cool you down but that might've been redundant in hindsight given that you're already walking around shirtless. One of the boys from the first fight enter though Maria is too focused on Yuki to notice.

Yuki
Mmm! Tastes like actual coffee! But y'know with enough sugar to balance out the bitterness and the vanilla helps soften it further. The concoction's texture is peculiar, consisting of a crunchy outer shell that is incredibly light and puffy and a creamier smoother interior. "<So um... you wanted to go over last night?>"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: December 08, 2019, 03:06:19 am »

"Uuuuuuh... sure! not like I have much else to do..."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: December 08, 2019, 03:07:29 am »

A slight shiver passed over Shef, but he accepted it. He'd wanted to try something a little unusual, but not too out there, and this was what he got for it. He'd continue to monitor the person from the first fight as the two girls got to talking. He'd be on the look out for others though, given Ignis' tricks, and prepared for the possibility that any one of these people could be his adversary.

Unlikely to be attacked of course, given Yuki's presence, but he'd not let that lull him into relaxing his guard.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: December 08, 2019, 05:08:04 am »

Minato casually strolls up to the pair of Shef and Yuki as they sit down to enjoy their ice cream, having been watching (and been rendered somewhat speechless) the whole time.
".....you two enjoying our little....vacation?"
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 285