Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208240 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Beach Episode THAT NEVER FUCKING ENDS
« Reply #3930 on: February 15, 2020, 06:09:49 pm »

Minato
"Wait, what did you think I was talking about?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: February 15, 2020, 06:11:52 pm »

"Well, I thought I...uh....messed up something completely different, so I assumed you were here to tell me that. Good to know it's something I already know about, so I can at least make an attempt to be helpful."
That really was becoming a running theme lately.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: February 15, 2020, 06:32:07 pm »

Minato
"Oh whoops, I was mostly trying to make smalltalk there. Sounded like a better topic than the weather but y'know I thought you said you didn't know how Faith was coping with this lifestyle and I got really concerned. Sorry for the mixup!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: February 15, 2020, 06:35:16 pm »

"Yeah. I haven't been fantastic at helping her at it, either. Which is what I was hoping to talk to her about, anyway."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: February 15, 2020, 08:11:11 pm »

Get back onto feet, alter last 2 in the line to a 4 and use that to fuel a heal hyper, then start running around the outside of the fortress, looking for a comparatively safe place to enter it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: February 18, 2020, 08:35:19 am »

Immanuel blasted around the place rather aimlessly for a bit, protecting his newfound ally as she altered the battlefield to his side's advantage, only to realize that her grand plan to tip the scales even further had one very major flaw.

Eagle 1 Challenger <<Wait, are you just going to hover there while the interceptors regroup? Isn't that a reall-you know what? Let's just...keep the interceptors off her everyone>>  Immanuel said, hopefully marshalling his forces enough to rally them against the returning interceptors.

And after mentally lying to himself about not wanting to do this, Immanuel cooly launched himself near Faith with a loud cry of, "Sachen; Schwerter-einsetzen![/i]," and enveloped himself in a flash of light, transforming as he called on Promachos's power to help him protect his charge....by deploying an unnecessary amount of sword missile drones in key locations to ward off the interceptors.

HENSHIN! And then activate Immanuel's trap card by using GEOMETRY to determine the optimal spots to place his akashic energy laced sword missiles to ward off enemy interceptors/
World Line: 6 6 1 5 1 2 3 3 1 1

"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: February 19, 2020, 09:31:23 am »

Shef and Yuki
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Battle 2]

Expulser goes off and you go out. How? How did you know this would happen? The dodge you can explain. Perhaps it was subconscious, you noticed something without it ever crossing your mind. Or maybe you just knew that staying still was never a good idea. But the attack. It was a torpedo. Canan's. Coming up from right beneath you, sleek metallic casing leaping up from the floor. Why do you know this? You cannot see. The torpedo made no noise. The expulser drowns everything out anyways. Is this really just intuition?

You feel the sun shining against your skin. You feel the pavement beneath you. You are outside somewhere in the middle of the street. Can't be under the overhang - you'd be in the shade where that the case. The sun. The sun. Which way was the sun? Right yes. That way. That way. You need to get your bearings again, figure out which way to face, what way to expect attacks from. This can't be an isolated attack. Torpedos should be heading your way this instant. Get off the ground. You can't protect yourself, not for an extended time anyways.

Yuki, you just dust yourself, heal yourself off, and look for entry points. Climbing would be a bit of a pain, but you catch a lucky break - Shef crashes out into the street. Auelius follows out shortly after Andreaz at his side. Wait, Andreaz? Wasn't he in the fortress? That would explain why your arrows haven't had much luck finding him. Sneaky.

Shef, you sense something coming your way. It's a frontal attack. Footsteps follow, heavy with a peculiar cadence. Aurelius most likely, lines up with his recently inconsistent movements.

Yuki you're not blindfolded so you see what's coming - a fusillade of torpedos sweeping out from beneath Aurelius. Andreaz is throwing kunai at you; suppressive fire. Aurelius? He's charging in after the torpedos, going after Shef on all fours at the moment readying for a lunge but he's looking ready to take you on if you jump in too.

There's an explosion above. Something's happened in the fortress. Canan flies out above, she's above three stories above you sailing through the air over to the roof behind you and she's dropping another torpedo salvo. You've kept your black arrows well-spread, only a few were destroyed in her blast, and now they're free to leap down for the flank.

Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 05:16:47 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: February 19, 2020, 01:30:31 pm »

As he skidded to a stop, Shef had to force himself to keep moving. Instinctually, he'd have frozen, tried to mentally piece together every direction, and where he was standing in relation each building and vantage point. But now, vantage points were useless for everything except perhaps funneling attacks, and getting his full bearings would take too long. Even beyond that, he'd have asked, what character of the rush of wind had made him so certain it was a torpedo? Why should he believe that immediage thought, couldn't it have been Aurelius? But time was his ally in this conundrum, and since he had none, he accepted his guess, and would continue to do so.

He'd have to keep moving, and gather his information on the way. Footsteps from ahead? Shef swept his gun out, firing off a salvo, before leaping into another series of portals. Normally, he'd have every portal planned, exits only a few inches from the subsequent entrances. But now? There could be none of that, he might end up with a portal just behind a brick wall, nullifying his retreat. To counteract this, Shef flung his arm out before him, and rather than opening every portal at once, began opening them in sequence, as fast as he could. His arm would touch a wall or sign, and he could pull back just enough to slip the next portal into the space between before he came to an abrupt undesireable halt.

Which way to go? It was not a question Shef could answer, and it would depend entirely in the moment upon each portal, and that little scouting that he could do with the leading arm that went through the portals first.

Room to Breathe to continue to stay on the move, all the while shooting in the direction that Aurelius seems to be coming from.
3 3 4 5 3 4 6 4 2
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: February 19, 2020, 11:37:07 pm »

Faith
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Glacial Skies]

Frozen interceptors scream down from the heavens, flashes of light dancing across their bellies, white light and will-o-wisps, pink light and promised doom. Amidst the masses a silver streak rises to meet them. Autocannons deploy, arctic winds and freezing sleet tracing closer and closer. Cynthia lets go. They pay no heed to the drone. Not as it approaches, not even as its cannons began tearing through their ranks. It was the bigger threat and yet it was not their target.  No, it was the HIERODULE chasis they pursued.

Free fall. Wings of flame erupt from the construct's back. It's not enough, the interceptors were drawing closer. Icey munitions tracing closer and closer, frost traces across retrofit plating sending a cascade of temperature warning across the demon's view. She suppresses them. Rendezvous point in 4...

1. The lead interceptor breaks. Half its fuselage shears off, torn away by some unseen force. Its core shatters and so too does its body. Two more succumb to radiation. The air stains a deep red, the remaining pursuers plunge in. Sweet. It smelled sweet. Dizzyingly sweet. It was sweet. Sweet and sticky. Sweet and slowing. It pours into the intakes, it gums up the flaps.

And then come the bees.

Of course, the bees. It's not a honeytrap without bees. Angry demon bees. The typical demon bee is sixty milimeters of pure homicidal fury with hellfire for flesh and exoskeletons of serrated metal. They do not have stingers, no what they have is best described as the bastard lovechild of a shockdrill and a meat grinder. And it's the length of their entire body because fuck you it is their body.

So naturally the Interceptors gun their engines rushing down to escape the swarm. A real shame they seem to suddenly U-turn and plow right into the swarm. Bees sail straight into their air intakes and burrow into their cores. There are no survivors.

With all that said and done, the rather dismal performance of their vanguard still doesn't seem to dissuade the rest of the swarm which gleefully rush down for their dive-bombing runs. Clouds of napalm burst through the skies interceptors literally falling apart as their shells are vaporized, these are the minority however - it's awfully awkward using napalm launcher when you're directly underneath your target and they're dropping bombs at the same time, many adventures fire as they dodge, it's prudent but it doesn't score too many splashes. That being said the interceptors find it harder to score casualties of their own this time around - the allied forces have wisened up and started to repulse any would-be strafing runs through AoE and sabotage spells.

This time the interceptors don't withdraw, they remain in place aiming to keep up the pressure as the battle devolves into dozens of disjointed dogfights, the largest of which is centered around one Faith Tatsumaki.

Turns out the enemy noticed that energy spike and would very much like to remove it from the equation, a full dozen interceptors rushing towards the magical girl. Big mistake.

Eagle 1 Challenger <<Sachen - Schwerter-einsetzen; Set Up!>>.

[Now Playing: Emiya]

Magic circles crackle to life beneath Immanuel's feet, and piece by piece his armor changes, steel turning to light reforming reshaping, white feathers scatter, his armor looks sleeker now, more stylized bearing markings the man cared not to paint. Fabric flashes into the existence tempering the armor, his cape burning with light as it extends into a full cloak complete with hood.

And around the newly mantle figure, weapons begin to appear.

Piece by piece they assemble; nervous systems of chalk and light entombed within hunks of sharpened steel; cruciform construction, mechanical in design, they could hardly be called swords. Slabs of bewitched metal never built for man to wield.

These were missiles, kinetic missiles, miniaturized kinetic kill vehicles.

But by god they could fence.

Romanticize it, stylize, but in the end what which they call swordplay is simply geometry, physics and geometry.
Positioning. Between combatants, between blades. Deflections and trajectories. Skill is no more than an optimization problem constrained by the limits of the wielder, the heuristics they call instinct, the mechanical realities of their form.

These just cut out the middle men.

Twelve swords. Twelve bogeys. They swing into formation, a sparse defensive cordon, blades perpendicular to the oncoming foes. No one need to charge, their targets would be coming to them. The interceptors draw closer, and closer, streaking toward the gaps in their formation.

The blades were not entirely swift. They could move fast yes, but it paled in comparison the laser drives of their foes. They could make quick dashes yes, but they are only momentary, the distance they could cover was limited.

Such weaknesses can be offset with good formation. The sparsity, the distance from Faith, the angling of the blades. It was death to the Interceptors. They just couldn't see that.

The Interceptors dart through the gaps cannons howling but they were well within the dash range of each sword here. There was no escape.

The weapons slam into their prey, ice shatters, wings sever. There's a spark, a discharge, something somewhere has crossed the gap. The connection stabilizes if only for a moment.

That moment is enough.

Akashic energy crashes through, each sword a lightning sword, a conduit to something beyond this world. A chill stills the air. Temperatures plummet. Tendrils freeze. Ice magic.

It seems insane at a glance, trying to freeze that which was born of ice, but there is method to the madness and weakness hidden behind their strength. The constructs needed some way to protect their cores, not just from heat but from impact, bullets, hammer blows, kinetic impacts.

For this purpose they grew tendrils to dampen impacts, faults and cavities to direct the damage, countermeasures, protection. It is all frozen now. A complex machine reduced to a block of hard ice. In time they could recover. They would never get that chance. The second stage goes off - a kinetic pulse.

Smothered mate.

Twelve interceptors had come. Not one survived.

Spared from freezy gunfire Faith succeeds in pumping more energy into the ice weed, forcing it to down into the networked roots. Unfortunately they seem to be wising up to her antics - she can feel radiation moving, not on its own accord but because what they're inside has started moving. The roots are beginning to decouple. The they're trying to restrict the spread at the cost of lowering their own regeneration rate.

She's got enough radiation to destroy a few cores or infest a larger volume of shots. Main question is which matters more, taking out the infrastructure or taking out the interceptors.

AWACS Fluffles <<All units! Aim for the flowers! We've lowered their repair rate, if you can keep them down the planes will slow!">>.

The dogfights are in full swing now, adventurers and interceptors clashing though the air. It feels cold, colder than it is was before. A mist is setting in, visibility is dropping.

Interceptors are closing in on all of you. You don't know where, they're hiding in the mist. It's probably bringing their engine power to down, but they won't need it if you don't know where you are. You need to figure out a way to ward away their attacks, else you won't react in time. Keep your guards up.

. . .

Magus 2 Sheriff <<ReaperEye, this is Magus Squadron, we are now in position.>>
AWACS ReaperEye <<Copy that Magus 2, you are cleared to engage>>
AWACS ReaperEye <<Go for easy targets and stay out of sight. They've compromised our drone network so support will be limited.>>
Magus 2 Sheriff <<Heh, well it's not like you needed them eh partner?>>
Magus 1 Goose <<*static*>>
Magus 4 Freon <<Targets locked.>>
Magus 2 Sheriff <<Alright, on my mark.>>
Magus 3 Galavant <<Roger that!>>

Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 11:54:32 pm by Empiricist »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: February 20, 2020, 12:22:53 am »

"I... um... Yes, I think... Sorry, I have... some history with... People like Noir-san. And... A lot more anger issues than I thought I did about it, though... I guess it makes sense... are you sure I should be here?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: February 20, 2020, 12:27:23 am »

"Tch," Faith let out, a little annoyed. It figured that the supervillains naturally wouldn't want to let a fight against them be easy, of course, but she had been hoping that she could get this over with quickly. Still, at least from what she'd seen and heard the tide was turning against the interceptors, and if she weakened them enough hopefully she could complete that turn and leave these icy interceptors on the retreat. Plus, the other adventurers were now set to destroy the flowers, and if she had to it wasn't like Faith couldn't just bluntly wipe a lot of them out. So the choice was made fairly easily, all things told -- Faith turned all her radiation in the flowers to the purpose of infecting as many shots as she could, and then left them to focus on everything else.

Eagle 4 Sailor Sun: <<"I'm going to do my best to make a spotting zone with my magic, but I can't exactly relay what I spot any way but through call-outs; please listen up and do your best with the information!">> With that, Faith created another Cloud of Sunlight, intentionally making it weak enough in damage to basically at best be a mild stinging sensation, and then simply expanded this one as far as she could, relying on her innate sense of her magic (the same thing she had used to spot Stalin) in order to spot anything that entered the cloud, at which point she then called out the location of the drones, relative to the nearest ally and the direction said ally was moving, as best she could.

Faith uses a weak Cloud of Sunlight [3] and expands it as far out as she possibly can in order to act as a spotter!
World Line: 1 4 6 4 2 4 1 3 1 4

Eagle 2 ♡Nemesis♡ <<"Okay~ I, Distance Dark, shall deign to stop these pathetic excuses for supervillain minions in their tracks -- I will rely on the other two Eagles to put the poor wretches down! I trust you can do that -- it is below the nemesis of the Baron of Ruin!">> Of course, it wasn't actually below her at all, and she'd just torn one apart seconds ago, but she DID have to find a way to make just slowing things down theatrical! After all, that was one of the things that a Sinister Magical Girl naturally needed to thrive!

Now then, down to business -- Distance honestly wasn't ultra-confident in her ability to really take down anything that she couldn't pinpoint the location of (after all, she'd then just be making semi-wild guesses with attacks inherently based on location, and that didn't seem well-fated), but she DID have the ability to do something quite wide-area, and that was her Zone of Tar! "Zoooooone of Tar!" With Eagle 4 providing her with the general locations of the enemies, surely she could trap them in those areas for quite some time and grant the other two opportunities to slay the slowed, spotted interceptors~

Distance listens for Faith's callouts, and when Faith calls out the location of interceptors, she compresses the space in an around them, slowing them down. She reserves a proper Zone of Tar [5] for the first time that at least 2 inteceptors get called out by Faith! Alteration of a 4 to a 5.
World Line: 4 4-->5 6 1 3 4 6 2 3 4

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: February 20, 2020, 12:31:43 am »

Faith
AWACS Fluffles <<Don't worry Sailor Sun! I can update the map using the your suit data!>>

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: February 20, 2020, 12:35:10 am »

Eagle 4 Sailor Sun <<"Oh, yeah! That does make it a lot easier!">>
(With the information this adds, Distance changes tack slightly to actively using the Zone of Tar to hit as many enemies as possible, as figured out through the map.)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: February 26, 2020, 08:18:16 am »

Yuki decided to take the chance offered by the explosions - they seemed to think her arrows had been destroyed, but they hadn't. So she had most of them jump out of the fortress after Canan, some splitting off to go for Aurelius. Andreaz, she could handle the suppressing fire; Yuki pushed through, charging after him without slowing down. "Good teamwork guys, but it won't be enough~" she said as she revved her chainsaw and closed the distance rapidly.

Ambush/flanking maneuver with the arrows while keeping pressure and attention by way of charging.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: February 27, 2020, 06:35:57 am »

In a move probably motivated by overconfidence, Immanuel guns his rocket boots to dive straight towards the mist after Faith pings the area.

Eagle 1 Challenger<<Acknowledged, moving to deliver a package to the closest ice weed.[/color]>> He said, with a slight hint of excitement in his voice. His swords trailing closely around him in key interception positions as he turned off his comms, and started to shout and gathered up his magical power. Flying dangerously closer and closer to his target before with a swift flourishing of his right hand, he swished his now much finer cape, and declared, "Einzelschwertbrecher!," causing his built up magical charge to spike into one of his swords, and send it crashing into an ice weed to try and smash it beyond repair!.

Use Arcane Infusion: Leistungsverstärker [5] to supercharge a sword and drive it into an uninfected ice weed to shatter it into pieces, before turning back and using his swords to cover his retreat.
Immanuel
World Line: 6 1 5 1 2 3 3 1 1 5
Alterations: 3.0
Resolve: 3
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 285