Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208158 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Beach Episode THAT NEVER FUCKING ENDS
« Reply #3945 on: February 27, 2020, 09:43:32 am »

Shef and Yuki
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Battle 2]

Shef, you scramble the fuck outta there. At least, you try to. There's a lot more of blind groping involved. Or there would be, were it not for the explosions. Oh yes, the fucking torpedoes dropping down right ontop of you. The rush of the shockwave and the familiar roar of a chainsaw. You managed to portal into empty space just outside th blast radius so you're not really hurt, but you are thrown. Portal follows portal, lending some semblance of control to your tumble. Your hand outstretched brushes against a sign. You should've hit that. Should've but somehow, somehow you felt it coming. You had adjusted your course at the last moment and reached out your arm, reached out to see if you were right. You were. Range is limited. A meter from you body at most. Detection is faint even that far out. Seems to extend with your limbs though. It didn't warn you of the torpedoes in time. They came from above you think. You would've seen them were it not for the blindfold. It's no replacement for sight it seems, but it will do for now.

"KYAAAAAH!"

Or not. You slam into something. It's a low speed collision - most of your speed ha bled off at this point, makes it all the stranger you couldn't sense this coming. Still it doesn't exactly hurt, especially since it appears that you've landed on something soft-and oh fuck that's a pulse. You feel a quickening heartbeat through your hand. Son of a bitch.

So Yuki, what you see is that Shef starts running and gunning before the torpedoes come raining down, a couple black arrows streaming down after them and just all hell breaks loose.

Explosions blast apart the area, haphazard detonations prioritizing your arrows above your person. Kunai fly through the air deflected by errant explosions in weird chaotic patterns. Aurelius forces Andreaz out the path of an arrow, a torpedo blows him just clear of the arrow. Somewhere during all of this you clash. Fist and chainsaw clashing as the world explodes around you arrows and kunai vanishing in the midst. Somewhere in there you drop Shef's bullet. You hardly notice. A final blast blows you clear a little worse for wear and your chainsaw stained with blood. Aurelius' blood. The rest of your arrows Continue chasing Canan, the girl leaping off the rooftops further down the street, the black tide in hot pursuit.

Well, guess that's another one down. Aurelius seems to take the loss in stride at least, nonchalantly dusting himself off with a laugh.

"<You seem to be in good spirits. >"
"<Of course, I know how to win!>"
"<Kinda wish you told us that earlier then, since you're 'dead' now and dead people don't speak.>"
"<But I'm not dead! I'm standing right here!>"
"<I meant for the exercise.>"
"<No no no, I understand that! But this is a simulation of a fight and in an actual fight I would be dead.>"
"<Yes?>"
"<But where's the body? >"
"<Aurelius we don't need a body for this.>"
"<Nonsense! There absolutely must be a body! It wouldn't be authentic otherwise! That's like, Van Dine's 7th rule!>"
"<This isn't a murder mystery. Besides, where would you even get a body?>"
"<Oh? Isn't it obvious?   I ' l l   m a k e   o n e   m y s e l f .>"
"<What are you->"
"<SOMEBODY STOP HIM!>"
"<Huh?>"

Maria bursts out of the parlor.

A combat pass clatters to the ground.

Blood.

Weeping from his wounds, the spectral blades piercing his chest. Shards of logic and possibility forged into a lethal edge, such was the nature of his weapon, the weapon which he has turned upon himself. There's a flash of movement, the heavy swing of one particularly large fragment. His head falls, cleanly seperate from his shoulders.

Aurelius Noyer is dead.

Huh. Shef did say that guy had something that could reverse his own death right? Is he about to go all one-winged angel in you? Turn into a giant snake or something?

Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 09:45:14 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: February 27, 2020, 03:18:42 pm »

Shef pulled off his blindfold, to figure out what the hell is going on. While it was unlike, he hoped he was reading what was going on wrong.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: February 27, 2020, 03:25:19 pm »

Shef
Yup you're ontop of Hanako who is now blushing furiously. You're a ways down the street from Yuki, Andreaz, Maria (who must've burst out of the parlor) and Aurelius' freshly decapitated corpse. On the opposite side of that clusterfuck Canan is getting chased by Yuki's black arrows.

You think your position is currently obscuring the whole "headless corpse" thing from Hanako.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: February 27, 2020, 03:27:12 pm »

"<...Do you think he was into japanese culture? I think he was a bit too into it. Seppuku isn't supposed to be a thing anymore.>"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: February 27, 2020, 03:37:23 pm »

"Hi, Hanako, I'll be with you in just a moment." Good grief, she was here now? And he'd ended up in this. . . position. Well, he'd be extracting himself as quickly as possible.

"I took the blindfold off." Shef called out as a warning, before launching himself down the street with a series of portals, and beginning to affix the magic high explosive he'd bought to Aurelius' dead body. Clearly, he'd not been down for the count last time he up and died.

Room to Breathe [3] over to Aurelius, and set up the explosives.
[3+1] 5 3 [4] 6 4 2 4 3
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 11:41:45 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: February 27, 2020, 05:34:06 pm »

Shef and Yuki
Right so Shef just portals right on the down and slaps an explosive right on Aurelius' body. Guy was gonna revive, but that probably wouldn't put him back in the fight, if it did well Shef had insurance now. High explosive insurance.

So, surprise surprise, Aurelius undoes his death. The shards shatter to pieces, his head teleport over to his hands and he just screws it back on.

"<WHAT WERE YOU YOU THINKING?>"
"<We can talk later boss, let's win this first. Andreaz, I've shown my resolve, now, show me yours.>"
"<R-right, I...>"

He pauses, eyes closing, shuddering breath slowing. His eyes snap open again, burning with new flame. Red eyes marked by a black tomoe, marked now by three more, spinning inwards and merging into something reminiscent of those hurricane symbols you'd find on a weather map.

"<My resolve huh...?>"

He steels himself, passion and vigor pouring into his voice.

"<I'll show you my resolve... Prepare for yourself er...>"
"<Yuki.>"
"<Right! Prepare for yourself Yuuuuuki!>"

[Now Playing: Kakusei]

Shouting! Dramatic finger pointing! A cold wind billows. Thunder rumbles. The sky above darkens with purple clouds.

And then Canan just fucking nyooms across the middle of all this black arrows in pursuit. Torpedoes pop out from the ground aiming to blast apart her pursuers as she looses another salvo into the ground.

Andreaz throws a spread of kunai at Yuki and just fucking charges at her the ground rising to charge with him, a wave of earth and rock shifting into the form of a dragon's maw. His movements are smoother now, sharper too.

The storm meanwhile covers about half a city block centered on Andreaz and Yuki. It's probably bad news, since y'know, both of you can feel it slowly draining away your stamina.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: February 27, 2020, 06:37:17 pm »

"You serious?" Shef muttered, disbelieving. Well, this was probably going to break more than a few rules, but who really cared at this point.

Expulser[3] on Aurelius, launch him in front of the kunai ideally slamming him into Andreaz and detonating the explosives.
[3] [5] 3 4 6 4 2 4 3

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: February 28, 2020, 08:30:16 am »

Faith

[Now Playing: Awakening]

The battlefield becomes a tempest, a thunderstorm with mist for clouds and gunfire for thunder. Flashes of light mark running skirmishes as thrusters, wind, and engine unify as a wailing howl.

Light blooms through the mist, Faith's spell dispersing far and wide, a tracer field slaved to the girl's instincts and her suit's systems, Interceptors appearing one by one on the tactical map. They're moving slower now, laser drive efficiency plummeting in the depths of the thick mist, System availability plummets, the allied forces cutting and blasting the crystal flowers wherever they can, the lasers withering in the mist now dwindle in number. Stealth would more than compensate for speed. Would. Problem is in the region around Faith there is no stealth, just all-seeing light and a cornucopia of spatial fuckery.

Eagle 2 ♡Nemesis♡ <<Zoooooone of Tar!>>

A zone of compressed space catches two squadrons. Not a single Interceptor leaves the killzone.

Sachen <<Leistungsverstärker!>>

A blade cleaves through a relay flower. Its master had intended to only clip a single unit, but really this was too easy, he spins reorienting himself and blazes off tearing through several more. They would be back up eventually, but for now they were offline and whatever relied on them was shit out of luck.

And yet...

Allied Unit <<Get back! Stay away you- *static*>>
Allied Unit <<Shit! He's got me! He's got- *static*>>
Allied Unit <<How did they... *static*>>

And yet...

Allied Unit <<I'm hit!>>
Allied Unit <<A monster... *static*>>
Allied Unit <<Let go you- *static*>>

And yet a great hush falls over the network as voice after voice is replaced by static and silence. One by one friendly markers vanish from your map.

AWACS Fluffles <<They must be using the interceptors as spotters! In that case...>>
AWACS Fluffles <<All units! Fire into your surroundings, use your maps to steer clear of each other's firing zones. They're using the interceptors to target you so keep them away! I don't think they can see you unless you're close.>>

The vanishment slows and for a moment it seems to work. Until it doesn't. Until everything returns to being terrible.

Neuromancer <<I'm seeing a sudden change in Firebird 4's movements.>>
Wintermute <<Monitoring... Firebird 4 approaching Falcon Squadron...>>
Wintermute <<Confirmed, Falcon Squadron has been shot down.>>
Neuromancer <<The network's compromised.>>
AWACS Fluffles <<All units, take yourself off the map.>>

AWACS Fluffles <<Come in Firebird 4!>>
AWACS Fluffles <<Status Firebird 4!>>
AWACS Fluffles <<Firebird 4, if you do not respond we will mark you as an enemy!>>
Firebird 4 Thunderhead <<*static*>>
AWACS Fluffles <<Attention all units! Firebird 4 is an enemy, please befriend them on sight!>>

A gunshot rings out near Eagle Squadron. A frozen figure falls into the sea below, a HIERODULE chasis.

Eagle 3 Legion <<That's our decoy down. We've got a sniper on us.>>

AWACS Fluffles <<Warheads inbound!>>

Another sixteen blast zones appear on your map. You're all caught up in one of them. The mist is starting to clear however. Interceptor activity is fairly low at the moment, guess they don't have the numbers to spare right now, your side doesn't really either. Between now and the mist clearing you've probably got a chance to regroup and ready up.

Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: February 29, 2020, 11:30:03 am »

Minato
So there's some explosions outside, some shouting, that guy who appeared in your lap might have just gotten decapitated but he seems better now. Typical awakened stuff.

"It's always rough at the beginning or so I've been told. Have you taken her shopping? Think she could do with some warded clothing."

Sakurako
"<Eh it's probably fine, I mean, Gwen's got that black beast sealed inside her and she's here. Well not -here- here but y'know.>"
"<At the academy.>"
"<Yeah! It's not too weird to have special circumstances, what matters is learning how to deal with it and being around to help each other out!>"
"<If you can fight it's a plus. Wait -can- you fight?>"
You're not sure how you're supposed to read that. It could either be that they actually do need someone who can fight, which well, you technically can, though you don't seem to have the best track record, or...

Or they were dragging a random girl who for all they knew is just a civilian into an event security gig for a soul-eating abomination.

Noriko
The chapel did not have a garden. The garden had a chapel.

Take the patterns from a playing card, the complex patterns, the ones you'd find on a face card. That is what they are, the vines that twist across the arches and scaffolds, too desaturated to be called vibrant, too colorful to be called dull. They spill forth from great hanging bowls, tracing through the channels and up the scaffolds. They twist up the pillars branching outwards like trees, they streak across the arches blooming with dice and diamonds.

The coordinates have lead you to a quest hub, a clearing of trimmed grass patterned like hotel carpet faux ancient rock formations serving the same role as the pillars back in Guantanamo Bay. Your party descends, Patricija with the thrusters built into her very body, Patricija and Kouta (with whom you have no blood relation) upon a summoned steed with wings of white and armor trimmed with gold. You get the locations from the information desk, from a man half priest half dealer.

You take a winding path to the beach through a hedge tunnel lit by gacha screens and follow the path from there past the oversized beach umbrellas and the blackjack tables beneath them. Eventually you reach the chapel a striking yet unassuming affair, an oversized arch elongated into a structure oriented toward the sea. A pure white with clear glass windows, what decorations they may have added were placed outside instead, assimilating the blasted ruins of whatever occupied this place before.

The rendezvous point is a ways to the side, some manner of wishing well structure placed amidst one of the larger patches of rubble, frameless windows of stained glass piercing the earth like the excessively ornate shivs of a some rando giant. The iconography is almost certainly religious, though it's not exactly what you'd expect to find in a church back home.

For starters the figure front and center is not the whitest looking middle eastern dude in existence. No, it's a motherfucking dragon. A giant fucking dragon with three heads and ridged contoured body with a sheen and design more evocative of armor and machinery than anything natural. It floats above a stone altar massive scroll unfurling at its feet like a great carpet, its contents ineligible. With both claws it grasps a heart in hands, rays of light streaking radially from it. In each ray you can see the images of a random anime waifu designed almost certainly by focus groups than anything else. Around the dragon various figures reach towards the light. To the left are brides and grooms, kings and emperors. To the right are burning skeletons and dying soldiers, beggars and lepers. Raining from above are cards and poker chips, lightning and white trucks.

Around this mural black lotus flowers bloom, and sitting beside them is the client and the bride. The bride is somehow the more striking of the two, clad in full plate visor down and sword at her hip. Only reason you can even tell she's the bride is that dress overlayed on top of it, white fabric pouring out from the joints, a veil accompanying her helmet. Whoever or whatever they are beneath, you cannot tell. The client meanwhile is, you're guessing they're the best man or something, more importantly they're a giant snake that moves with its upper length erect such that its head is level with Ren's. It's dressed in something a little more victorian era, tails and tophat, literal doodle arms sticking out ot its sleeves.

"<Princess! To think you would be the one to answer my call!>"
"<We were in the neighborhood. This is Noriko>"
she nods towards you
"<her brother Kouta>"
you make it clear you two are not blood related
"<and er...>"
"<Ren.>"
"<It's a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Noah, I will be happy to assist in any way I can.>"

[]Ask to see the chapel
[]Ask for a rundown on the details
[]Ask about the bride
[]Ask Patricija to tell him you and Kouta aren't blood-related, you're not sure you got your message across in english
[](Write in)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: February 29, 2020, 01:20:31 pm »

"I, uh, have a couple weeks of keijo practice and some basic self-defense training?

a-and, well, I can clock up but that gets hard to control if it goes too far...

Plus I mean I haven't actually won any fights yet, so..."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3955 on: March 01, 2020, 10:10:41 pm »

• Ask for a rundown on the details.
"Hopefully I can do the same thing." She elected to continue speaking Japanese; she had very little vocabulary and a thick accent, which would probably interfere with communication more than having Patricija interpret. "So, I read the quest description, but are there any other details I should know about before I get started?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: March 02, 2020, 07:33:12 pm »

"<Oh we're doing this bit!>" Yuki said, coughing a little and completely unfazed as the young man charged. She dramatically planted her chainsaw in the ground and laughed just a bit maniacally. "<Hahahaha! If you show me your resolve, it's only fair I show you mine! Prepare yourself!" Yuki grinned like a mad woman, started to glow for a half second, and then she wasn't there - but the whir of the chainsaw was.

Activate literally ultra instinct for the turn, using resolve, and fucking charge. Take him down. Also have the arrows finish the other one. Alter current result to 5.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: March 02, 2020, 10:15:57 pm »

Sakurako
"<Oh like the Buddha right?>"
What?
"<So what you're saying is you -can- fight right?>"
Yeah sure just y'know, not well. And at the cost of your higher cognitive faculties.

Shef and Yuki

[Now Playing: Kakusei]

Reality splits open as portals coalesce into existence, the violent buzz of an expulser round signifying Aurelius' launch out of a portal and straight towards Andreaz. The dragon's mouth slams shut at the kunai stick into the attorney.

Charges blow. An explosion, dust and debris.

Canan crosses the skirmish.

There's a second blast, a torpedo explosion. A piece of debris, a scale of rock shoots into the air, and as it is flips through reveals Andreaz braced against the other side.

Eyes burning crimson, a necrotic storm thundering above, he adjusts his grip on the kunai and lunges, kicking off the scale and rushing towards- When did it get so dark?

Yeah so uh, Yuki kinda just fucking ostriched them. Their upper bodies have been jammed into the pavement and they're having one hell of a time freeing themselves.

They're probably fine. The goddess was merciful enough to use the chainsaw's reverse edge after all.

Also she probably needs a new outfit. Her current one is kinda fucked. Like it does seem to be trying to cover as much as it can, but with what material it has that's really that much, given that it's been reduced to basically just leotard with a plunging neckline with a frankly vestigial microskirt attached.

If Minato was watching he'd find it pretty hard to avert his eyes from her assets as the flaring energy fades around them, excess heat venting away. By assets I mean thrusters. Energy-based thrusters sleek and angular that now back into their housings. Though the glow in her eyes doesn't fade, a glow that has a certain structured quality to it, almost as of emitted from a bank of tesselating cells than any singular source. Also her complexion seems kinda er... steely. Like, steel steely.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: March 02, 2020, 10:40:41 pm »

Shef portaled over, surprised that the battle hadn't ended when he involved Aurelius, but glad nonetheless.

"My god Yuki. . .well done, I suppose." At this point, pointedly avoiding looking down, Shef noticed the girls complexion.

"You alright? Face looks a little bit off color. . ."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: March 02, 2020, 10:44:29 pm »

"Like the... Like the buddha? I don't remember the buddha fighting much.

And, um. I guess I can fight, yeah... I mean, I kinda go super crazy when I do, kinda like when I first met you, and I've lost literally every fight I've ever been in, but... yeah, I guess?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 285