Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 211299 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Beach Episode THAT NEVER FUCKING ENDS
« Reply #3960 on: March 02, 2020, 10:53:19 pm »

Yuki landed fairly softly after punting her enemies into the ground, grinning like a loon. "Still a good job! If I wasn't frankly overpowered that'd have been a really scary attack!" she said cheerfully as if they weren't unconscious. Then she turned to Shef. "Yeah, completely fine, why?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: March 02, 2020, 11:19:13 pm »

"You're somewhat grey and shiny, somewhat not how flesh generally looks. A surface artifact only? And if you hadn't noticed, your clothing has. . .suffered." Shef averted his gaze pointedly.

"So, what exactly was that? Seen it before, but events proceeded rather rapidly."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: March 03, 2020, 07:31:06 am »

Noriko
Now the bride responds voice quiet with hints of a strange cadence, it reminds you of the autumn wind and the rust king of leaves.
"<...The chapel is built above a dungeon.>"
"<Yes, it was a bit of a surprise for us too, but that's probably the source of the randomly encounters. Though for some reason only Ralph seems to trigger them.>"
Ralph... that would be the groom right.
"<Well... If you don't mind me asking... shouldn't you have noticed the bride catching fire before the day of the wedding?>"
"<I didn't catch your name>"
"<...Estefanía. I do not mind. This wedding was... a last minute thing.>"
"<Last minute?>"
"<Unfortunately so, it should have happened earlier but we were caught up in that ghastly affair back in Fairholdt.>"
"<The Lysander Affair? That was a year or so ago right?>"
"<Indeed, we are adventurers you see, and we were at ground zero when the invasion began, so naturally we were embroiled in the whole matter. Such things are never resolved so easily.>"
"<But you resolved it?>"
" <Of course.>"
He puffs his chest out proudly.
"<My my, I had no idea I was in the presence of such heroes.>"
" <Oh, you'll make me blush. But yes that threw the wedding plans right in the window. This was a serendipitous affair, there were already plans for a wedding here but the original parties had to cancel at the last moment and we just so happened to be passing by. It seemed as if fated at the time. Should've known fate never hands our types anything in neat packages.>"
"<Never a dull moment huh?>"
"<Heh, I suppose you not, but us lot are prone to boredom anyways.>"
"<What do you know about about the dungeon?>"
"<...It was an old fortress. Converted to an illegal weapons manufacturing facility. When the government found out, they sent adventurers to destroy it and clear out the dungeons. They flooded it with seawater to keep the equipments down there from reactivating. ...I think.>"
" <I suppose they missed a spot.>"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 07:49:44 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: March 03, 2020, 09:35:31 am »

"Huh, is it?" She looked down at her arm and poked it a little. "Well that doesn't look right."

"That? I have no idea at all~! I kinda found out how to do it by accident the other day?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: March 03, 2020, 12:45:23 pm »

"Not sure what to do about that then. Long as you feel fine. Should perhaps get some clothes though." Hopefully Faith didn't show up and freak out before they figured this out, he didn't care for the entirely undeserved immediate suspicion that she always seemed to have about him.

Regarding the combat, Shef stared for a moment, clearly unsatisfied with the answer, before elaborating."I was there. More, what's the mechanism, time slow? Super speed? Enhanced perception and a strength boost? Preemptive causality reversing magic? Or are you even conscious of what you're doing."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: March 03, 2020, 12:51:25 pm »

"I'm really not sure how I do it, but I thiiiiink it's just, I am going super super fast, and if you're going fast you're also going to have a lot more impact, so it hits way harder. The black arrow thingies are based on how fast I'm going so when I start moving so fast that it's like teleportation, so do they."
Sigtext!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: March 03, 2020, 01:03:56 pm »

How terrifying.

"Speed does a lot for impact energy, indeed. But, good job, two—no three—down, one to go, if I'm remembering things correctly. Shall we extract them, or you want to get a picture first?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: March 03, 2020, 01:11:48 pm »

"You can take a picture if you want, but I'll just get them out." Waiting for if Shef decided to take a picture (for blackmail or something probably, he was shady like that), she would then go up to each of them and pull them out of the concrete. Even if they weren't thaaaat hurt it would probably be difficult to extricate themselves on their own.
Sigtext!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: March 03, 2020, 01:15:18 pm »

Shef snapped a pic, not even for blackmail or anything, just because he found the situation somewhat amusing. After he'd gotten that, he'd help in the ways he could to break away the asphalt.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: March 04, 2020, 03:22:42 pm »

Shef and Yuki
So with a lot of smashing and tugging you two manage to free a rather dazed Andreaz and Canan. Maria meanwhile manages to free Aurelius out from his pile of rubble.
"<Ow! My spleen!>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: March 04, 2020, 03:58:43 pm »

As Shef made a show of helping Andreaz up, he rather forcefully turned the students head towards his. As he locked eyes, the man activated his ability and gave a vague command. An imperative for Andreaz to reveal himself. Not to speak secrets, nor to explain himself, but purely to become transparent under the arms dealer's scrutiny.

The reason behind this? The student's eyes: He'd tried to command Shef before with them, weak in that sense, but far broader in application. To put it simply, Shef was curious.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3971 on: March 04, 2020, 04:44:28 pm »

"Huh." It was an interesting story. It did seem like they should be able to solve the issues on their own, given they both seemed to be experienced adventures, but that was supposed to be her job at the moment. "Congratulations on finally having the wedding, even if it's not going according to plan." She thought for a moment, then nodded once. "Alright. I think I have some ideas on how this could all be handled, and I think it should involve a minimum of wrecking the place. Do you want them all at once, or should we just deal with things one at a time?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: March 04, 2020, 07:29:44 pm »

Sakurako
"<Oh not violently. Like competitively! Like boxing!>"
"<Seems like it>"
You find yourself being shown what amounts to a Wikipedia page on the Buddha, with some claims you probably wouldn't find on actual Wikipedia. Like how the guy is apparently not only a Keijo practitioner but a recognized Grandmaster at that. Like Yoake.

Shef
The boy's pretty out of it. He's got one eye closed and is squinting through the other one. Ringing his iris are three tomoe rather than that storm sigil.

You activate your Requiem and eyes snap wide open, symbol shifting to that of the storm. There's a spark, some kinda connection and then-

Gah fuck!

Is this what he's feeling right now? Christ. A wave of disorientation hits you. Not really nausea more that strange floaty detached sensation you get within adrenaline and exhaustion, a feeling as if you're not really awake.

You feel feverish. Details pierce your gaze with sharpness you're not used too. You squint trying to control reduce the strain stop the sensory overload. A faint glow enters your vision. An aura, an aura wrapped around your body. No, emanating from. It's diffuse, radiating out with a maximum range of about a meter or so.

Reflexively you try flexing it, commanding it with your Requiem. It's coalesces glow intensifying.

Hmm.

You look around. Thin fading tendrils are coming from th combat passes. There's some weird stuff coming off of Yuki, Minato has something faint ressembling a nervous system in his armor, and Satoshi has a similar aura to your own albeit kinda gooey? It seems to stick to whatever she's touching leaving momentary strands.

Yuki
So Shef does something and then his eyes turn red, gaining that same single tomoe pattern Andreaz had before. He looks kinda disoriented and then suddenly an aura flares to life around him. He must've had a super secret power stealing move this whole time! Or maybe it's a venereal disease! Who knows? You're a healer, not a doctor! Might need a doctor if it is one though!

Noriko
"<...Thank you.>"
"<One at a time please, who knows what hurdles may turn up!>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: March 04, 2020, 08:01:39 pm »

A blink, eyes opened fully once again, followed by an overwhelming urge to close his eyes. That reflex to squint when staring at the sun, not pain, but an instinctual reaction by his eyes. Shef passed a hand in front of his eyes, as if to shield light. Of course, it didn't work, and instead of visual noise regarding the street, he was now receiving overwhelmingly clear images of the knuckles on the back of his hand. He'd just have to squint then.

Now squinting, Shef turned his attention to this newly visible backlighting of energy. They'd always been there, had to have been. Well, maybe not his, but the auras of his comrades. Visual acuity and some form of magic perception? He'd need to perform a few tests in that case.

"Thank you, Andreaz.", Shef murmured, placing the student down. That would be the first test, if this was permanent, or whether he'd need to force it to be so. Following that, he'd check whether anything was visible when he poured energy into a bullet in his gun. Was it all magic, or were these auras a distinct type, that was what he needed to answer. Then, back to his own aura; it had brightened at his command, could it move? He'd try to draw it in close to himself, contracting the ethereal cloud into something denser, first directly—he was uncertain if he had any direct control, this would reveal it— and then by requiem command.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: March 04, 2020, 08:21:44 pm »

"I... Buddha... Wha?"

This was DEFINITELY NOT AS EXPECTED. Why did the Buddha... How would the Buddha... Did this mean the Buddha was a girl? All good questions for later.

"Anyway, I can fight, but I'm kinda bad at it, so it's probably best that I don't, I guess?"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:24:14 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 285