Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 211294 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Beach Episode THAT NEVER FUCKING ENDS
« Reply #3975 on: March 06, 2020, 08:03:14 pm »

Shef
Perceptual alteration remains. No visuals on spirit energy input into Regalia. You suspect it might be an efficiency thing - it's taking all the energy without leaking hence no visual effects. Minato's Regalia you recall networks him into local leylines, so you're likely seeing their ambient emissions. That or a safety mechanism, it could be radiating the energy away to protect his body, if that's the case that pattern will probably fade whenever he pulls that lever of his. Satoshi, you don't know but if you had to guess it's not entirely magic in her case, unless she has reason to glop magic against everything she touches.

Your aura can definitely be move - it is brightened because you condensed it.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: March 06, 2020, 08:55:48 pm »

"Hey, Shef, what's with the weird glowing eye thing? Did you just curse him? Or are you cursed now?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: March 06, 2020, 10:29:52 pm »

The aura could move, yes, but not without an application of his requiem. Something like that might come with time, Shef reasoned, and he could work on it later. For now. . .what now? Shef started at Yuki's voice.

"Good question. Don't think so, to both, but I'm not really sure. Believe I just copied part of his eye abilities, though how, I'm not really certain. It's. . . really bright, but not bright bright? Sharp bright. Things are very clear. Too much information." Almost like how sometimes, when sick, one becomes annoyingly aware of all the sensations of their skin. Prickling, unable to find a comfortable position.

The fact that he'd gained the attention grabbing eye coloration was disappointing, but the benefits seemed already to handily outweigh that. "You're glowing. Did you always do that?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: March 06, 2020, 10:34:01 pm »

"I dunno. I don't think I'm glowing, but maybe there's some weird background glow that I don't see because I'm used to, or maybe you have aura-vision now, or maybe you're wildly hallucinating due to having been within fifty feet of Sakurako and her ridiculous amount of drugs for too long."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: March 06, 2020, 10:40:16 pm »

"Can—can you clear up drug based effects with your abilities? Don't think it's hallucinations, but if you can, please make sure. Does seem very much like some kind of aura or magic vision, but it's not everywhere, so I was wondering if you had—" Shef drew his gun suddenly to point at Yuki, before catching himself.

"Can I shoot you?"
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: March 06, 2020, 10:43:10 pm »

"I mean, I don't know but I can try." She promptly healed him. Normal, not hyper. "And I mean, that's sorta rude, but it won't hurt so maybe? Why?"
Sigtext!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: March 06, 2020, 10:48:02 pm »

"Thanks. And, yes, but I asked first." Shef said, as if that excused things entirely. "I'm seeing something around you, and it might be your shields. Wanted to see if the nimbus disappears when the shields go down. If that's alright." Assuming it was, Shef fired a single shot at Yuki, watching to see if the faint outline around her disappeared then slowly returned after the impact.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: March 07, 2020, 12:18:03 am »

Shef and Yuki
Right so Yuki's aegis shatters and you see a flash of fun magic, but it's not the same as the aura. The aura activity does seem to increase, but it's when her self healing repairs the residual damage and you can tell it's not an innate part of her healing either. Some dormant power perhaps? Or maybe it's related to her current condition?

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: March 07, 2020, 09:36:19 am »

"Guess it's not the shields. Thanks for letting me try that." He'd just have to wait and see; there weren't any other easily testable solutions he could think of at the moment. So, what now? Just move on and wait for the next group to attack? Probe Andreaz for more info? Or. . .oh right, Hanako!

"Saw someone I know, so. . ." Shef said uncertainly to Yuki. Was he supposed to introduce them? Not knowing the answer, Shef simply waited a moment before walking off towards where he'd. . .collided—yes that's the word he'd use—with Hanako.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: March 07, 2020, 09:04:22 pm »

Shef
Hanako is just standing around awkwardly fidgeting. No visual aberrations.
"You're Shef right...?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:07:13 pm by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: March 07, 2020, 09:09:48 pm »

Yuki, walking behind Shef, waves cheerfully.

"Hi, person that Shef knows!"
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: March 07, 2020, 09:15:00 pm »

Shef
"Eh hi! Um... why does he look like this?"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:18:21 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: March 07, 2020, 09:33:29 pm »

Shef cocked his head. It took somewhat longer than it should have for him to remember why he was receiving a continuous stream prompts regarding posture and facial expression.

"What do. . .ah." He deactivated the illusion. "Satisfied? Hanako, this is Yuki. We're on the team together. Yuki, Hanako, my neighbor."

He'd landed hand first on her chest—the gentle way of putting it—and then run off. Apologies were in order, but. . . would it really do to call attention to that, especially around people who might not have noticed?
". . .Terribly sorry about that. Hope you can forgive me."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:11:54 pm by Strider03 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: March 07, 2020, 10:14:44 pm »

"It's a stealth thing I think trying to hide from his numerous enemies that are always watching for even the slightest hint he's come out of hiding. Or maybe just from some students who were supposed to try and attack him? Or maybe he's just into it, he didn't have to look like a girl after all. Nice to meet you Hanako!"
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: March 07, 2020, 10:28:38 pm »

Shef and Yuki
"D-don't worry about it! It's, it's fine. It's not like it was on purpose or anything..."
And then Yuki's response
"But those are totally different possibilities! Do you not know?"
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 285