Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 211138 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Weddings and Seagull Murder
« Reply #4050 on: August 08, 2020, 09:18:40 am »

Noriko
Ren visibly relaxes when you say that. A little too forgiving on flying demonspawn or conversational landmine? Hard to tell at a glance.
"Hmm... maybe we could lure them out of the chapel? It would be much easier to blow them away outside?"
"<Anyways, if we'll need to get Ren into the dungeon right?>"
"<Indeed! Trouble is, from what I can gather it was sealed off when they flooded it >"
"How can they even attack people like that?"
"<...Random encounters drag them into extra-dimensional space.>"
"<Only Ralph though, it's the queerest thing.>"
"Dungeon diving sounds pretty rough though, are you sure you're up for it Ren?"
"Of course! I'll have it cleared in no time!"
She winks. Well that's good at least. Makes sense she'd be pretty tough for Aethertide standards, after all you and Yuki alone sent what you're pretty sure was a bundle of anime protagonists packing in no time. Maybe you should just be done with the pleasantries and forcibly evict Lothgar and those gangster looking fuckers while you're at it?
"Great! I'll sit that out, I'd just be dead-weight.
That would still leave the ring, the cake (or really just its replacement), and the bouquet.

Shef
There's the longest pause and then
"<Yes. Sorry. I stubbed my toe and was in excruciating pain.>"
Well, the good news is, your contact is an awful liar.

Sakurako
Welp. Here goes nothing. You back yourself up against a wall opposite the exit and kick off to a running start through into the outside world. Crossing the threshold you drive through a passing food cart into a roll into a controlled tumble like the beginnings of a running vacuum butt cannon as your blood begins to accelerate. The tumble turns to a hop, to a leap, to a fucking flip as you launch yourself up into air, skidding to a halt between your quarries.

Okay, no lacerations just yet and you actually stuck the landing. More or less. Didn't need to resort to flying like an emo peter pan. Course with your Requiem engaged your body is now in full-on fight-or-flight response and given that you just hauled your ass over here, flight is the last thing on your mind.

Sweeping your eyes across your surroundings as you turn, you spy a few promising implements. A coupla unoccupied seats with a fair amount of cushioning, a few potplants, and a sandwich board. If push comes to shove comes to brawl you could at least use those on Mr. Stabby. Even with Keijo apparently according to Jack-O' though how exactly you're not entirely sure - sensei o-Shiri hasn't really moved onto weapons training, not that it would help since there aren't any cars, boats, or private jets around for you to use. Or guns for that matter.

Oh right. Defusing the situation. Probably best try that first before you try clocking another with a sandwich board. Two of your teammates are moving through the crowd to, so if all else fails you could stall till numbers are in your favor. Lidia and Aslan you think.

Righto. You straighten and try and defuse the situation. Of course whether your words even pierce the near-palpable miasma of alcohol floating around the guy is another matter entirely.

"<AH'AMENT BLOOTERT. YE'R BLOOTERT WEE LASSIE!>"

Okay, you think at least the message got across? Though he's not exactly standing down. Actually he's shifting around trying to get an angle on the visual representation of impending tetanus. The abomination itself isn't exactly sitting still either it seems to be shrinking, twisting and condensing its body into something smaller, something denser, a spring under tension, brimming with violence yet to be released. Turns out the process sounds fucking awful, like the mating call of an appalachian spotted cheesegrater.

"<LEMME AT 'IM! AH WILL TEACH THIS PIECE O' JUNK TAE INSULT MAH MAW!>"

You're not entirely convince that piece of junk can even speak, let alone hurl insults. Remigio continues moving away from the confrontation, along with several other members of the crowd.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 09:26:41 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: August 08, 2020, 09:40:20 am »

". . . Right. Well, thank you for doing this, I hope you'll keep looking into it." Shef was not going to delve into this any more. He hung up, and then made his way over to the previous opponents and Yuki. To Hanako, he hurriedly stated, "We can catch up later, maybe this evening? Should check about the formalities of finishing up these duels."

And Shef would do just that, inquiring of the students whether he needed to give some mark of approval, evaluation, or paperwork. He wanted some guarantee that he wouldn't see these people coming back demanding a rematch because he'd broken some hidden rules.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: August 08, 2020, 08:11:23 pm »

Yuki, meanwhile, was snapping out of the minor trance she'd been in when activating the ultra-speed power. She didn't really... blink, since her current state kinda precluded that, but her eyes flickered on and off to mimic the effect. "Huh, that was weird." she said, then shrugged. "Another inveitable victory! That was really fun! Besides the pepper spray, that was surprisingly painful considering my current state, even if it didn't actually do all that much damage. Anyway, back to- ...I kinda have no idea what we were doing before the fight."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: August 08, 2020, 08:40:00 pm »

Shef and Yuki
"S-sure!" she says, blushing bright red for some reason. "W-where and w-when?"

"<I'm sorry I let everyone down, I'll work harder I promise!
"<Don't sweat it Izzy, we had our screwups just means we've got room to grow, ain't that right boss?>"
He wraps his arm around the boy leaving him squirming for a bit before he settles on blushing luminiscently.
"<Of course. This battle has exposed weaknesses in our approach, and we will address them in due time.>"
"<Pretty much the whole purpose.>
"<Indeed. Still, no point dwelling on it now, we can devise plans and exercises when we get the recordings and verdicts.>"
Okay wow, her personality just did a complete 180.
"<Yeah, let's just chill and take in the sights.>"
"<I hear there's a sales going on in Pavilion Square.>"
"<Ooh, gotta check that out, you coming with Izzy?>"
Izzy doesn't respond, opting to just nestle deeper into against the guy's ab plate.

"<Ah, Mister Instructor.>"
A maw opens up in her Regalia snarling at you, but she quickly pats it down.
"<...Paperwork? Everything will be handled by the analysts moving forwards. Thank you for your time.>"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: August 08, 2020, 09:30:42 pm »

"Uhh, I—Maybe around nineteen hundred. There's this cafe near the Guantanamo Bay Resort—what a name—anyway we can talk there if you want." Shef stated unthinkingly, he waited for affirmation, before quickly striding off towards the students.

"Good. Paperwork's boring. So the. . . persona, is that just for combat then? Catch people off guard?"

"And Yuki, ironic, weren't we still trying to determine things you'd forgotten?" Or were we done with that."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 03:03:38 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: August 08, 2020, 09:53:52 pm »

Shef and Yuki
"<Oh, nothing of that sort sir. The exercise is over so you're no longer a perp...>"
She leans in close, real close voice breathy again.
"<Unless of course, you want to be?>"
Yeah that's gonna be a hard pass.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: August 08, 2020, 10:24:05 pm »

". . .No thank you, kindly take that very far away from me. Maybe Yuki will indulge you?"

"Just wanted to be certain that there wasn't some vendetta or some crime I'd supposedly committed that I'd need to sort out." Given that it was Yuki and Noriko who'd gotten blackout drunk. He'd worried that perhaps Noriko had done something, and they'd been told that the criminal was the one accompanying Yuki.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: August 08, 2020, 10:31:25 pm »

"Indulge in what?" Yuki asked, tilting her head with visible confusion.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: August 09, 2020, 08:06:31 am »

Shef flinched, wondering if perhaps he should have kept his mouth shut.

"The ehm little cops and robber game. I don't want to be involved, but our opponent seemed so into it. . . ."

Shef leaned down uncertainly to whisper to Yuki. "You can just say no probably."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 03:03:58 pm by Strider03 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: August 10, 2020, 11:29:34 am »

"Well, ok then!" Yuki said cheerfully, moving on as if nothing weird had happened. "So... what next? I think we were... trying to figure out what happened last night, still? Maybe?"
Sigtext!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: August 10, 2020, 10:04:41 pm »

"Right. Kinda. We got your memories, sorta right. Not sure if there's anything more that you want to know, but there's a bunch of unnamed numbers in Noriko's phone so. . . want to make some calls? I ask because, well you may need to do the talking if it's anything like Fiona and the bioweapon thing."

Ideally, find some place to sit down and relax and not be attacked, and start by dialing the first unknown number in the phone.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: August 11, 2020, 08:38:27 pm »

Shef and Yuki
You dial one of the Sendo numbers.
"Hello. This is Sol and Luna. If you are hearing this message then we are likely dead."
Their clear deadpan voices would not sound amiss in a prerecorded message. The howling of the wind and the faint chatter of gunfire in the background however give you doubts this is anything other than live.
"To hear our dying message please press 1. To send your condolences please press 2. For telephone banking please press 3. For all other enquiries please leave a message after the beep. Beep."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 08:55:48 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: August 11, 2020, 08:49:19 pm »

"One down, six to go? Though. . . what happens if you press 3?" Shef whispered curiously to Yuki.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: August 16, 2020, 02:54:29 am »

"ah. Well."

She reaches out, gently resting a hand on his shoulder and leaning forward in what she really hoped was a distracting manner... she was imagining this guy was the cute white-haired darling from earlier which helped her get into character. "No need to worry about him, let's just get out of here, yeah?"

and then if he doesn't look to be complying, she'd sucker-punch him in the gut to hopefully wind him so that she can haul him out of the room by his ear. Or have someone else do it while she tries furiously to avoid people getting killed by the living cuisinart over there.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: August 16, 2020, 08:21:22 am »

Sakurako
"HEY! GIT YER HAUNS AFF O'-OOF"
You sock him right in the gut and start dragging him away. Thankfully the crowd ain't dumb and is parting to give y'all some space. Course as soon as you try dragging him away he starts thrashing and trying to break out of the grip.

Fine, hard way then. Your team mates should be here soon and there's enough signs and furniture for both of these assholes.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 285