Finally... > Forum Games and Roleplaying

Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine

<< < (855/855)

Twinwolf:
Yuki wasn't moving much now. She curled up on her seat, legs tucked in. "...I... I can't..." she said, her voice almost choking. "...I-I can't... she had trouble getting anything coherent out, choking back a sob each time she opened her mouth. She couldn't... what? Couldn't help? Couldn't let her go? Couldn't acknowledge there was even a goddamned problem? She'd made everyhing so much worse, hadn't she? Why couldn't she ever do anything right?

Oh. She's crying now. Great. Or, it might actually be good? At least it's not the emotional deadness she'd arrived with.

Strider03:
Shef's confusion was both extreme, and fairly temporary, which would have been quite obvious to anyone watching. The confusion was not due to the tears intrinsically, but moreso by the fact that Yuki was crying. It seemed that he had internalized Yuki as being the facade she wore. Baffling, since if he'd been asked any time over the last month, he'd have claimed it obvious that Yuki wore the cheery nature as an obvious, but resilient, mask. This was not the Yuki he'd known for the last few months.

After a few seconds though, Shef found this same thought washing away his paralysis—this was not "Yuki". He'd have to mentally reconcile these two distinct people sometime, but that processing did not have to happen now. This was just someone else, someone who he'd made cry on a park bench.

"Hey. Hey. Doesn't matter. So what if you can't? That's why you've got people to help you out." Shef patted her on the back, hopefully reassuringly. While he felt more comfortable in this situation than he likely would have a year ago, he was certainly not confident. "We'll figure it out, okay? And it's okay if figuring it out takes a little."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version