Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208190 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #735 on: July 23, 2017, 09:44:01 pm »

Minato is the first to react, his armor disappearing in the usual golden flashes of light to reveal a rather dishevelled, exhausted and rather bloodied young man as he slumps to the ground, breathing heavily and clearly exhausted from the effort of having exposed himself to the leylines twice consecutively. Some sort of indicator light had gone off on the belt proper; he would likely have to go speak to Tsukasa about that when she checked the combat data.

He looks around at his allies, leaning on a nearby seat, his gaze specifically focusing on Faith.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 23, 2017, 10:41:43 pm »

Faith was sitting down now, her face still set into a furious grimace, occasionally wiping at her eyes with her sleeve (attempting and failing to do so discreetly), or sometimes crackling with just a little bit of magical energy as that magically-boosted breakdown ran its course. She was facing away from the others as she just sat there among the wreckage of the fight -- she had kind of cracked, she'd faulted and broken down when everyone else was in as much pain as she was and she'd just... she'd been rather ugly. Faith wasn't very happy about it, either. What would everyone else think...?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 23, 2017, 10:47:33 pm »

Minato stares at Faith for a moment.  Just a moment.

The solution was blindingly obvious, even to him.

The wounded boy limps a little closer to her, keeping his distance; he wasn't sure if she wanted anyone close to her or if she needed close contact. He needed to test the waters, and make sure he wasn't making the situation worse.
"Hey....you okay?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #738 on: July 23, 2017, 10:53:43 pm »

Noriko just sits where she is for a moment, her Regalia vanishing. She wasn't dead, so that was a plus. And no one but the guy that was supposed to be was, either. Definitely a good thing. What wasn't great was the fact that her everything ached at the moment, she was pretty sure there was blood leaking out of somewhere on her head, and that she'd probably be seeing arcs of electricity every time she closed her eyes for the next month.

It occurred to her that it might be easier to relax somewhere other than atop a train.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 23, 2017, 11:17:28 pm »

Faith made another attempt to wipe at her eyes, not letting herself look at Minato, "I-I'm," sniffle, "I'm... fine, I guess. N-not hurt anymore, really. Le... uh, we just, w-we need to get down from here, right...?" Faith looked down from the moving train and swallowed. "...s-somehow."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 23, 2017, 11:25:32 pm »

Yoake hopped up, brushing herself off. She had a bit of a rough time, but nothing too major. Looking around her teammates, she noticed that Minato was taking care of Faith, but Noriko wasn't looking too great. She passed by Shef on the way, patting him on the back, as she approached Noriko.

She smiled, but not as extravagantly as one would expect from her. "Hey. You're not lookin' too great! Do you want Yuki to heal you? Or we could go back to base, or something."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #741 on: July 23, 2017, 11:31:03 pm »

Noriko looked up a bit slowly at Yoake's approach. A small part of her wondered how the hell she fought in that swimsuit, or how the thing didn't get absolutely shredded every time. And, well, there were a lot of questions about the other girl. ". . . Yeah, either one of those would be pretty good." She stood up slowly, and a bit unsteadily, groaning in pain. "Yeah, gonna feel that in the morning. . ." At least Faith was alright, after getting blasted with heal beams. She'd just deal with the gunshot wound and being slammed against the tunnel herself, she'd be fine. Right, Minato?
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 23, 2017, 11:34:51 pm »

Minato slowly approaches Faith, confident but not entirely certain she needs someone close to her right now. He sits down with a grunt, wincing at what he was definitely sure were quite a few magic-induced wounds; leyline exposure wasn't healthy at the best of times, even with the boosted stamina and increased durability Godslayers had, and he'd dipped into it at least three times in the past hour.

There was also the matter of being electrocuted, choked, shot, stabbed and generally thrown about like a rag-doll. He, of course, could walk it off; he'd been doing this for a long while, alone, with no help as the lone defender of Sendo, so he'd gotten used to walking off wounds, at worst going to Tsukasa or the family doctor to patch himself up. Faith wasn't faring so well, however. She'd taken quite an intense hit; Noriko had been hurt too, and everyone bar Yuki, really, himself included, but Faith was taking it the hardest. So it was with Faith he concerned himself with for the moment.

He pulls out his phone for a moment, quickly tapping away with a message for their handlers.
We'll need a ride at the next station and a clean-up crew. Definitely some medical personnel. Possible collateral damage; prep a cover-up.
He was praying that nobody had been beneath them in that fight; right now, though, his current priority was one of his ailing allies. At least that, he could do something about.

The boy exhales deeply.
"That's.....taken care of. I'll....be here, if you need anything until then. Right here, next to you."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 23, 2017, 11:55:50 pm »

Faith sniffles again. "R-right. Thanks. I'm not more hurt than anyone else, though. I just... I..." Faith sighs, and stays glumly silent for a moment. Faith had been healed of the worst of her wounds by Yuki, much like everyone but Minato, and though it definitely did ache it's not like she got hit for the majority of the fight anyway. She was pretty sure everyone had had it worse than her, actually. She really shouldn't be making a big deal of anything. But still, she just... she felt so sad, she kind of wanted to burst into tears again. "I just... eh... I'm sorry. M-maybe it would be good to have someone to talk to. O-once we're not on top of a train. Sorry."

She did kind of appreciate that Minato was there, though, and she leaned just a little closer to him, before suddenly pulling back again, a nervous expression on her face. "Oh God, y-you know English, right...? ...I'm sorry, I-I got a little crazy there. I didn't-- did-- I didn't weird you out, did I...?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 23, 2017, 11:57:33 pm »

"'Course not. Why would you think that?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 24, 2017, 12:07:30 am »

Faith fidgets a bit nervously. "Y-yeah, I, I went a little bit crazy there. Sh-shouting about "die" and "go to hell", and going on and on and all that, you know? I dunno... maybe I was just stressed, or maybe it was my magic going off in some weird way. I dunno... sorry." She sniffles again, starting to wipe at her nose but then redirecting to wipe under her eyes again.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 24, 2017, 12:12:54 am »

"....you know, you don't have to apologise, and you don't have to pretend for me. I can tell you're more than a little stressed. I'll be honest; not everyone can just walk away from something like that and not be."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 24, 2017, 12:22:36 am »

"So--" Faith began and then cut herself off again. "I mean... e-everyone else is doing better than I am, and they got more hurt than I did... it's just... it's just whatever's got me so emotional, or... or whatever."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 24, 2017, 12:26:30 am »

"That doesn't matter. You're not okay. Everyone else, we can handle, one at a time. Right now, right here, I'm focusing on you."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 24, 2017, 12:33:40 am »

Yoake grins again, this time wide with teeth. "Well, what're we standin' around here for? Might as well get outta here. Ooo, ooo, wait! There should be a kitchen in the train, right? Ya' think they'll give us free food for savin' the train?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 285