Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208144 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #750 on: July 24, 2017, 01:15:15 am »

"Yoake, they don't know that we saved the train. They'll just think we're crazy people who jump on speeding vehicles for fun." She sighed. "But yeah, let's leave. Preferably with the two lovebirds over here, unless they really want to have their alone time on top of this thing. We can eat back at the safehouse. Well, you can. I just want to sit down for a bit."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 24, 2017, 04:01:41 am »

Yoake nods energetically. She almost jumps off the train, but second-guesses the plausibility of that. "Should we just jump off?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 24, 2017, 06:46:35 am »

Yuki took a lot of deep breaths as the battle ended. She'd been about to go rush over to Faith, but saw Minato had that well handled. She shot him a quick thumbs-up - Faith would be fine with him and she'd check on her personally later and if Minato did anything untoward while comforting then he would wish the Aramitama knocked him out. Instead, she goes to check on the other friend she'd been talking about while mentally ranting about FRIENDSHIP. She hoped that had helped, power of friendship is awesome and always works. "Noooriko?" she asks, stretching out the syllable, "Are you alright? I thought I'd healed you and everyone else up pretty good, but you seem kinda hurt still. Or is the blood old blood from before the bleeding thing got healed. Or not real blood but super symbolic of something, because blood is used as symbolism a lot so it could mean just itself, or it could mean periods or something. Or it could mean mental-stabbings if that somehow works, but I really don't think it would since you're the only one with a spear and the thingy's weapon was more of a cutty thing, which means it didn't stab, it cut, which really is kinda an ineffective method of attack against a spear because superior range or a chainsaw because chainsaw but that's kinda irrelevant isn't it so anyway are you alright?" Yuki catches her breath from the rant, but doesn't continue - seems she's done for now - "...Also, being on top of a speeding train is cool, buuuut we can go if you want."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 24, 2017, 06:56:59 am »

Chapter 2 - Contacts and Conspiracies

Everyone
You're now all back at the safehouse having taken another high-speed train back to Sendo. As luck would have it, your little scuffle atop the roof, while irking the passengers, did little more than give out a few headaches, and as Winter was quick to remind Minato, witnesses do not matter - you are not superheros fighting some sort of shadow war, the lack of public recognition is not something that was chosen, rather it is something that is. And in that vein, the "clean-up crew and medical personnel" consisted of this bored-looking dude and some magical first aid kits. Told Noriko that she should feel better within the hour, supernatural recovery/durability and all that.

So here you are now in the saferoom, with no new leads into the constructs, and no action forecast for the remainder of the week.

"Well that was a rough affair. Normally doesn't happen quite like this. Lucky you."
"Still, you guys did well and we're glad you're back okay. It gets easier, I promise. Like riding a bike."
"Except the bike is a soul-devouring monstrosity that typically wants to murder you and everyone you've ever known."
"Winter!"
"What? A bike's kinda underselling it, they should be proud of what they've done."
"Okay, but could you at least word that a bit differently?!"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 24, 2017, 07:31:22 am »

"Oh, but Winter worded it so eloquently. Isn't this our job? To. . .ah. . .fuck up the Aramitama's day?" Shef smirked. He was still decompressing a bit, as he knew how close the battle had been. They had only won because of Faith's lack of a good psychiatrist. It had seemed somewhat. . . tied to her powers. They'll need to make sure some guidance councilor doesn't step in and try to get her that help. . . Shit, no, that would be a cruel thing. . . For now, the man put that thought aside, as something to mention to Winter, Enn, or Minato.
"When is my appointment?"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:45:48 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 24, 2017, 08:16:22 am »

"9pm this evening, usual place."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #756 on: July 24, 2017, 03:02:52 pm »

"I'm just glad to be able to sit down for a moment." She glanced between Minato and Faith for a moment. She couldn't deny that she felt a twinge of jealousy - Minato and Faith had just met, but she'd known the boy for how long? Not long enough to get a moment's concern, evidently. She didn't particularly care that he liked Faith, just the fact that it seemed that a girl he'd just met was suddenly more important than a friend he'd had for years.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 24, 2017, 03:39:57 pm »

Minato, for his part, is oblivious to Noriko's stewing, and nods at Winter and Enn.
"Do we know if that one was working alone, or do we have a larger ring to worry about?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 24, 2017, 05:26:09 pm »

"Unless frankenshrines are the new factories,
I'm going to go out on a limb and say, no, they definitely weren't alone - someone else had to produce those constructs."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 24, 2017, 05:44:22 pm »

"Do we know anything about their coworkers, then?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 24, 2017, 05:59:37 pm »

"Everything, which is why were are sitting here doing nothing. They exist, that's about it."
"We'll be looking out for more information about them, in the meantime you could try your own contacts if you want, though you all look like you could use some rest first."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 24, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »

Now that they're in the safe room, Faith is kinda quiet, lying down for a bit (with her hair splayed across the floor). She's calmed down a lot now (the magical emotional breakdown has gone and run its course) and now she just doesn't know what to think.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 24, 2017, 07:41:54 pm »

"Yeah. That'll do us all well. I think we should probably see if there've been any incidents in the Tokyo area, compare the modus operandi and see if we find any connections, and probably meet back up tomorrow barring any emergencies. That sound good?"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 25, 2017, 03:20:45 pm »

"What time?" Shef asked drily, while fiddling with screw on his left arm.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 26, 2017, 03:35:49 am »

Yoake was busy. She had a fully planned, business-filled day today, and she wouldn't let anything get in the way of it. For once, people had decided to join her Keijo gym! After her impromptu lesson at the school, people started spreading word around. Now, she was confident that those coming would be just as passionate as she was, so she couldn't let her spirit be broken!

She dressed in her most professional outfit available (a swim-suit. As in, a one-piece which is designed to look like a suit. But not just with a pattern, or anything. Full-blown shoulderpads, but no sleeves, and a tie which tucks in to an actual suit jacket. Of course, her legs are still completely exposed.), with business-style makeup applied, so she was ready to handle anything. Her hair was even tied up.

Before she made her exit, she entered the room with the others, holding a clipboard and a bag of... swimsuits? "Hey, guys! Whatever you're doin' I'm not gonna. I got bigger fish ta' fry! A fully-fledged keijo class! Wish me luck~." She barely gives anyone time to respond, as she darts out the room again.

Heading downstairs, she hops into her Business Car, and drives off towards the Keijo gym.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 285