Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210183 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #780 on: July 27, 2017, 09:27:17 pm »

Minato opens the door for her with a smirk.
"Ladies first."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 27, 2017, 10:18:20 pm »

Yuki
"Thanks." The voice is metallic and slightly distorted, though not as much as you'd expect and there's a definite suaveness to it.
"Your psychoanalysis thingy is wrong by the way. I don't do theater (although come to think of it that'd be really cool). After some magic stuff happened yesterday (I think? I've been losing track of time) my job is saving people from magical murder spirits that only a few people can see. And working at that cafe over there. Only one of them pays - actually I should ask the French guy (I think he was French? His names Ship or Sheep or Shef or something) if he gets paid, I don't know what other job he'd do." Yuki says all this in her normal tone as if it's the most mundane thing in the world. To be fair, it's not that different from other things she's said.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 27, 2017, 10:21:55 pm »

Faith lets out a very brief, but more sincere "Eheh" of a giggle, and then walks out the door as Minato so charmingly indicates.
"Well, uh, c'mon Minato, I do have to follow you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 27, 2017, 10:23:51 pm »

Yuki
"I ain't a shrink, that's Freida's-"
"I'm retired now."
"-job. Me? I'm work with SpecProv. And Shef. Who gets paid for this."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:34:52 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 27, 2017, 10:50:54 pm »

Faith lets out a very brief, but more sincere "Eheh" of a giggle, and then walks out the door as Minato so charmingly indicates.
"Well, uh, c'mon Minato, I do have to follow you."
So Minato leads the way. They eventually find a small green space; nothing much, large enough to be noticeable, small enough to be ignored, a few benches here and there and generally modelled on a Western park to go with Sendo's westward aesthetic.

Minato lets Faith sit down first.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 27, 2017, 11:12:41 pm »

Faith takes a moment to just look around the garden -- she likes nature. She finds it relaxing, invigorating all of that, and definitely a better place to talk than the saferoom. Then she sits down, takes a deep breath, and then hesitates for a couple seconds before:
"Do you have that kind of battle a lot? You know... doing this? How did... how did you get used to it?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 27, 2017, 11:21:54 pm »

"Not the first time, I'll be honest. That's not even remotely the worst one I've been in; that, however, is a story for another time.

As to....how I got used to it...well....you don't, really. You kinda just go along with it, but you're never quite, y'know, used to it."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 27, 2017, 11:44:39 pm »

Faith nervously tapped her fingers together.
"Y-yeah, but I mean, you're-- you're doing your, like dashing and confident routine, for almost these..." she paused, in thought for a little moment. "...gosh, four days, it's seemed kinda longer what with all that's gone on. But, uh, you've been acting all... brave and all, and, back there I..." She gesticulated for a moment. "I mean, I remember that you speak English."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 28, 2017, 12:13:18 am »

Minato simply smiles.
"Well, I had two years of practice. You've had four days. And I'd rather you were honest, and afraid, than pretending to be brave."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 28, 2017, 12:22:54 am »

"Well, uh, I mean... yeah. OK. ...yeah. I mean-- it wasn't that bad at first. Like... turning into some sort of magic fighter, that was crazy, but just fighting the microwave-heads wasn't too terrifying. But then, then this thing starts stalking us and attacking my teacher, trying to kill another student in my class... God, it's just... that's different. And it's... it's really scary. I didn't really need that, you know..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 28, 2017, 12:30:41 am »

"I can imagine. It's why I never told Yuki and Noriko about it, aside from the fact that anything I'd say would just be censored by the weird magic field. Yes, the whole magic thing is awesome, of course it is, and.....as much as it sounds cliche, I want to protect people from the Aramitama, like my grandma did.

But....on the other hand, my grandma died doing this. She died trying to kill an Aramitama, who then tried to kill me years later, and I didn't even know that's how she died until I fought the bastard off. If you didn't know how I got awakened, that's how."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 28, 2017, 12:51:56 am »

Faith pauses, and then lets out a long sigh. "I'm, uh... I'm sorry to hear that. But, Minato... that's... not exactly the best way to reassure me, telling me about someone who died doing what we're doing."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 28, 2017, 01:12:32 am »

"Let me finish.

That's not the best example, I have to admit, but....it's a way for me to say that this line of work isn't always a bed of roses. Of course it isn't; of course things like that can happen sometimes. I've heard enough from my family and had enough experience to know. And how you reacted was natural. I can't blame you for panicking and losing composure like you did. I wouldn't.

But you can also do something nobody else can. You can fight back.

You can protect people from the monsters who would do that. Yes, it's dangerous, but unlike ninety-nine percent of the world, you can fight back. Like they said in that one movie, if the Aramitama are the ones who go 'bump' in the night, we are the ones who bump back. We're the superheroes, and even superheroes have weaknesses and low points.

And when that comes, you've got us; Yuki, Yoake, Noriko and me. Shef.....less so, but he's kinda there too. Just....far off in the corner.

So you don't have to worry about a thing, Faith. If you're feeling down, I've got your back. As long as we're fighting together, I'll watch over you. So will the rest of us. As long as you're here, you can count on us, on me. You got that?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 28, 2017, 01:40:31 am »

The first part of Minato's speech, well... Faith appreciated it, she did, but most of it wasn't anything she hadn't thought about before. Her teacher, Sakurako... yeah, she did want to protect people like them, and she'd done what she had to do earlier to protect them. But... that didn't do a whole lot to help being scared and nervous.

But Minato kept talking, and what he said next helped because he was right; she just hadn't put all of the support she'd gotten from everyone together. Her sister, the others, Minato... yeah. They were here for her... it felt like a long time since she'd really had people behind her like this... but in these last four days, she'd met potential friends, a half-sister who seemed to care for her quite a bit, and now one of them was out here doing his best to reassure her. That did a whole lot more to reassure her than talk of superheroes, and she managed a smile, which she directed at Minato. It was nice to have Minato looking out for her.
"Yeah... thanks, Minato. I appreciate it. I really do. Thanks for having my back, Mr. Superhero."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 28, 2017, 01:48:00 am »

"Of course. I'd be a terrible superhero if I didn't watch out for my own, wouldn't I?"
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 285