Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208163 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 11:22:03 am »

Oh, great. Minato was here. She liked the guy, but at the same time, did he really also have to be the type to frequent a place like this. . . ? Whatever, she couldn't worry about it right now. She needed to stay in character, and besides, today was actually going alright. The assignments  from class today were easy enough, she hadn't seen anything no one else saw lately, and this shift hadn't been too strenuous so far despite how busy the day was. She approached a table, steadfastly not looking at Minato, and asked them what they wanted in-character; a little shyly, quiet, the faintest hint of a stammer. . . She'd never actually seen Again-Null, but someone had told her once that she looked exactly like a character from it, and that was worth money.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 11:24:59 am »

Faith kicked her legs awkwardly under the table as she waited for her half-sister at the maid café. She didn't want to say anything rude about it, but the whole "maid café" thing was still more than a little weird to her American sensibilities! Something about teenage girls (and she was pretty sure that one of the other maid-dressed girls she saw wandering around was her classmate) acting the way they did for customers kinda creeped her out -- but she guessed that that was just kind of a normal thing here, so she wasn't going to be hostile about it! Besides, Yuki seemed fine with it, and Faith supposed that was all that mattered! Plus the half-Japanese girl didn't want to wander in and be the ignorant foreigner! If she was going to end up hitting any of the stereotypes, it was certainly better it be the positive ones than thr negative ones.

Speaking of her half-sister, here she was! As uncomfortable as Faith probably looked despite her best efforts, she put on a wide and confident smile when Yuki showed up, and spoke up rather boisterously (read: kinda loudly) in her American-accented Japanese. "Hiya Yuki! Don't worry about this, eheh, I've been kinda busy too taking care of a thing or two left over from the move, so it wouldn't be fair if I wasn't willing to work around your schedule! As for this place, well, you know, it's just something new, and I wouldn't be a very courageous person if I didn't check out new things!"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:49:30 pm by Powder Miner »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 01:09:54 pm »

Yoake stood by an arcade down the road, handing pamphlets to passers-by. Eventuallu, someone would take one and learn about keijo, and bexome inspired enough to help in her quest to bring it worldwide. She had been doing this for months now, yet she was a lot more socially competent now rather than when she first came.

She never dropped the habit of always wearing a swimsuit, though.

A few more people passed by, before Yoake receieved a text from Shef. Oh bother. This whole stakeout business was really taking timenaway from her throwing pamhplets at people. She replied soon enough, with a text that read:
"Still just at the arcade~ Nothing much happening here -_-"

After she placed her phone back in her swimsuit pocket, she watched the passers-by for anything suspicious, and... nothing happened. God, this is boring!
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 01:22:17 pm »

Faith kicked her legs awkwardly under the table as she waited for her half-sister at the maid café. She didn't want to say anything rude about it, but the whole "maid café" thing was still more than a little weird to her American sensibilities! Something about teenage girls (and she was pretty sure that one of the other maid-dressed girls she saw wandering around was her classmate) acting the way they did for customers kinda creeped her out -- but she guessed that that was just kind of a normal thing here, so she wasn't going to be hostile about it! Besides, Yuki seemed fine with it, and Faith supposed that was all that mattered! Plus the half-Japanese girl didn't want to wander in and be the ignorant foreigner! If she was going to end up hitting any of the stereotypes, it was certainly better it be the positive ones than thr negative ones.

Speaking of her half-sister, here she was! As uncomfortable as Faith probably looked despite her best efforts, she put on a wide and confident smile when Yuki showed up, and spoke up rather boisterously (read: kinda loudly) in her American-accented English. "Hiya Yuki! Don't worry about this, eheh, I've been kinda busy too taking care of a thing or two left over from the move, so it wouldn't be fair if I wasn't willing to work around your schedule! As for this place, well, you know, it's just something new, and I wouldn't be a very courageous person if I didn't check out new things!"
((Assuming you mean American-accented Japanese... [although I'm sure Yuki's doing well in her English class] :P ))

Yuki nodded. She saw Faith seemed uncomfortable, but the American girl had seemed uncomfortable since they met. She would ask about it later. For now, snacks! "It's my break-time, so I bought something to eat! I wasn't sure if you were a coffee-person or a tea-person, so I got both, and a bunch of snacks too. Don't worry about the cost, I get an employee discount!" Yuki said, ever cheerful.

"Well, big-sister time! How are you doing, since you came here? Adjusting well enough? I know Japan is probably really different from America. Unless you lived in an ethnic community or something like that Chinatown place I've heard they had in New York. But for Japanese people, not Chinese people. And not in New York or there'd be a bunch more superheroes and dark supernatural forces and stuff.. But I think you'd have mentioned it if you did sooooo I'm assuming not. So yeah, how are you doing with adjusting? School alright?" Yuki says, in her normal rapid-fire rambling.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:54:12 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 04:54:22 pm »

So the American knew Yuki. Not only that, she knew her pretty well. Minato gives the foreigner a once-over.

She was pretty cute. Blonde, blue-eyed and busty; just like she stepped out from an anime's version of America. The girl was pretty tall; Minato wagered that she was about as tall as he was, give or take a few centimetres. Nice clothes, too; most likely Western brands, from the look of things, or otherwise some of the better Eastern brands. Of course, he wasn't only looking at her body, but paying attention to her face.

She looked fresh-faced and new around here; her eyes seemed awkward. Minato estimated she'd be about a year his junior, give or take, and he'd never seen her around here before, so she had to be new, had to be less than a year around here and a junior to boot. There were only a few schools in Sendo- Sendo being a business area and not a residential area- so he wagered that she'd either be in one of the private schools or his school, the best state school in the area. She certainly looked uncomfortable here, despite her wide grin. Minato fully understood why; maid cafes weren't exactly mainstream outside.

Right here was a girl who seemed completely out of her element. Then and there, his chivalry preceded everything else.

Well. Might as well come over and say hi, hm?

Taking one more sip of his tea, Minato strolls over to Yuki and Faith, trying to put a little swagger in his step. He smiles confidently at the two girls.
"Hello, Yuki and hello, Yuki's friend. Is there anything I can do for you lovely ladies?"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:55:54 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 05:10:35 pm »

Shef glanced at Yoake's text. Good.

Hopefully she was taking her job seriously, though that was highly doubtful. Likely putting on a demonstration or something. Probably going to get herself arrested for indecent exposure.

He deliberately turned the page of his book, and pulled off his glasses to polish them, taking a few glances at Minato. He was moving. Shef twitched slightly as he prepared to get up, but relaxed as he saw Minato approaching his "targets". He was by no means surprised, though he was slightly disgruntled. He really should be taking this less frivolously. He's not always going to have someone watching over him.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 05:42:11 pm »

Yoake
Another message pops up, this time from Enn. How are things?

Noriko
A uniformed boy chatters about something to a friend, his wide expressive arm gestures succeeding in sweeping his cup off the table, shattering it. He begins apologizing profusely.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 05:45:33 pm »

"Oh, haha, I'll have the coffee. Thanks!" She takes the coffee and sips at it while listening carefully to Yuki talk -- this wasn't their first meeting but Faith still didn't want to be offputting to her half-sister. "Ahaha, well, it certainly is quite different, but knowing how to speak Japanese makes my life a lot easier! I guess it all can get a little confusing from time to time, but it isn't too bad. And I'm just from a suburb in Florida, haha, no superheroes or Japantowns for me. As for school, yeah, school is actually just fine! Japanese is a bit hard but English, well, duh. I'm doing better than I expected in History, and Math is just about OK too. Things are going pretty nicely, yeah!" Meeting someone so energetic and friendly as a family member certainly helped.

Then a red-headed boy walked over to their table and greeted them -- swagger in his step, slightly unkempt here, it was pretty clear the kind of air he was trying to give off but to his credit it wasn't like he was failing at it. And then he greeted them as "lovely ladies" -- a compliment which clearly tickled Faith pink, as she blushed ever-so-slightly and put a hand to her cheek, smiling at him. "Oh wow. Is he a friend of yours, Yuki?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 06:37:25 pm »

"O-Oh, n-no, it's fine, I'll clean it up and get you a new one! Um, what kind of drink did you have before?" After receiving her answer, she bent down to wipe up the mess a bit, sliding the shards of glass into a pile as carefully as she could. As soon as it was reasonably controlled, she popped back up, pretending to stumble a bit in her hurry to go around back and fetch a broom to sweep up the glass yet. This was going to be a pain; the broom was going to have to hang up for a bit to dry out, maybe even have the head changed out entirely, though at least she hadn't cut herself on the glass. . .
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:41:21 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 06:41:28 pm »

Yuki looked Minato over. Technically, patrons weren't supposed to interact with other patrons - part of the "maid fantasy" - but Minato was such a regular it should be fine. Yuki stood up, and bowed to Minato, as was cafe policy. She then went back up, without even bothering with the rest of the formalities she was supposed to pay to the "master". "Hi, Minato! Faith, this is my friend Minato. He's in my class, and he's super nice and seems to really like girls unlike some guys. Maybe a bit to much. He might come here way too much. The girls in my class are a bit sensitive so some of them really don't like him. Minato, this is Faith! She's my half-sister from America, so it's my job to be the cool big sis and help her settle in! She's in our school, I think she's in Noriko's class. Noriko's actually over there but she probably won't want me pointing her out, so don't tell her I did." She gesticulates a lot as she speaks, making sweeping hand motions to indicate who she's talking about and occasionally pointing. If she noticed the flirting she is not making that apparent.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 06:46:18 pm »

Minato turns to Faith, smiling. He bows his head respectfully to her; he couldn't bow properly without smacking into a table, and he was always taught to be courteous to ladies, so this was his compromise. It was part of the reason he got into trouble quite a bit; beating up idiot bullies who picked on girls was something he made a habit of.

Of course, it was hard to reconcile courtesy with flirtation, but Minato got by somehow. Not that it always worked, but he was a work in progress.

He puts on a smile for her, nodding to Yuki to acknowledge what she'd said about Noriko.
"My, my, you've kept such a treasure hidden from me, haven't you, Yuki? It's an honor to meet you, Faith."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:49:59 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2017, 06:55:14 pm »

Yuki pouts a bit. "I wasn't hiding her, I didn't even know she existed until a couple weeks ago when she called me!"
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2017, 06:57:23 pm »

"Is this.....about your family?" Minato didn't know a lot about Yuki's family- the little he knew, he gleaned from observation and little hints- but he knew enough to know to back off when necessary and let Yuki do the talking. His voice is noticeably more serious when he asks.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2017, 06:59:55 pm »

"Well, she's got the same dad, just a different mom. Hence half-sister." If Yuki gives half a shit about this fact, her tone does not convey it.
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2017, 07:01:12 pm »

Noriko
Okay, so, you go around back, grab the broom, pass the fuck out on top of said broom, and start tripping some serious balls. Like, Natterer-grade shit. You see eye of judgement, its burning gaze piercing your very soul. Countless scenes flash before your eyes, too many to remember, too many to know. You try, you try to hold onto at least one, the memories of a forgotten god, and yet, and yet, you fumble, it slips out of your grasp. You know you saw that grand phantasmagoria, but, what was in it, you cannot recall.

You struggle to remember. And then, something comes to you. A name.

Fuuri Noriko.

You remember a girl, with bright blue hair, who- wait, no. You -are- that girl. You -are- Fuuri Noriko.

There was so much information, so much coursing through your head, sometime in that time, you had forgotten who your were. You had forgotten your own existence.

Your name is Fuuri Noriko, and you are currently collapsed on a broom.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 285