Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208129 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2017, 09:51:07 pm »

"Right, then." Shef muttered, after a glance at the phone. He chose a different number, and sent the message to Minato.
Probably know this already, but awakened sat down next to you. I'll be out here for now. Nod twice if you need me.

Minato checking his phone wouldn't be considered odd, and hopefully he would have the wherewithal to keep the message hidden from the girls at the table. The maid might have been dizzy for reasons other than an awakening, but caution was best. Minato had chosen to watch the maid cafe rather than the numerous other bustling shops and restaurants. He seemed fairly versed in the ways of magic; perhaps he knew something about where an Awakening could occur? Doubtful. Probably just went in to stare at the maids...still... Shef leaned up against a wall across the street. Every so often he would, as unabashedly as possible, look up from his phone and peer into the cafe.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:53:21 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2017, 09:51:47 pm »

The stare into the tea became a slump into the table. "Hi, Faith." It took a couple moments for what the other girl had actually said to click in her head. "Wait, what?" Yuki had a half sister? . . . She might have reacted a bit more strongly, but honestly this discovery was not the weirdest thing to happen to her this week, or today, or even in the last five minutes. "Huh. Didn't know she had a sister." She still notably avoided eye contact; the fact that she worked at this place wasn't something she wanted to be common knowledge.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:53:53 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2017, 10:02:55 pm »

"Yeah, well, I don't think she did either until a week ago! Uh, my mother only told me about her before I left the United States for Sendo."
Having something to talk about kind of puffed Faith back up again, meaning she was sitting straighter and being less awkward. She still wasn't going to judge Noriko though: that would mean she would have to think the same of her new half-sister, but also the only reason that she knew this is because she was, herself, in the maid café.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2017, 10:05:37 pm »

Yoake perks up at the sound of being texted, and checks her phone.

Oh! It's just Enn. Well, she may as well update them on how boring this is.
"Hey! Nothing much is going on around here =_=; SUPER BORED!!!

Aaaand sent. Hopefully Enn has some good news for her. In the meantime, maybe she should meet up with Shef? Or, how would he say it, 'rendezvous'?

Who cares.

Yoake stands, and makes her way over to Shef's location, arriving fairly quickly as she was merely down the road. She sees him engrossed in his phone, and speaks quite loudly to get his attention.

"HEY! Howsit goin'?"

Her idle movements emphasize her body quite a bit, as she is wearing her normal attire of a one-piece swimsuit.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2017, 10:10:33 pm »

Sorry about that. Stakeout's usually boring. Might be getting a bit more interesting soon - Shef might have seen one of the people we're looking for.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2017, 10:28:11 pm »

As Yoake approached, Shef had glanced up.
"You really shouldn't be here. Unless all the awakenings happen in the cafe, we're going to miss something." Shef sighed. It was obvious that she hadn't come to report; she would have texted if need be, in order to stay near her target. Judging from the idle slang and her tone, she had simply been bored. Kid isn't fit for a stakeout...going to draw attention to us too, wandering around dressed like that.

Shifting his focus away from her and back towards the cafe, Shef replied to her inquiry.
"We've got someone who might be awakened. Don't look immediately, but it's the girl next to Minato. Not the blond, the other one. Blue hair. She came out from the back a minute ago, off-balance, and was relieved of her shift. I'm not sure if Minato knows. I sent him a text just in case."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2017, 10:36:05 pm »

Yoake makes an upset pout.

"Do you not wannna see me that much? Anyways, 'snot like anythin' was happening over there." She looks towards the maid cafe, and her eyes light up.

"Oooo, that place looks fun! I didn't see it earlier, but we should go in! We could all be a team! Like.. like... a spy team! Of spies!" Her struggle for a decent comparison makes her face scrunch up, before she finishes, and heads towards the maid cafe in high spirits.

She waits at the door, expecting Shef to follow.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2017, 10:43:36 pm »

"...Fine." Shef was torn between a desire to remain outside to keep a watch for any outdoor awakenings, and a fear of Yoake endangering the mission. He eventually settled on following her, against his better judgement.

"We won't sit right next to Minato. Too suspicious. One table over at least, and I'll remain seated if you need to talk to him," he hissed out of the corner of his mouth as he entered.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2017, 10:45:00 pm »

Yoake looks clearly pleased, and sits at a table... specifically, one right next to Minato's. In an attempt to be stealthy, she presses herself to the table while sitting, and makes various hand signals at the other table.

This is clearly visible.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2017, 10:49:40 pm »

Coming back from the disposal, Yuki sees a couple of people at the door. She walks over, waiting to officially greet them once they come in. Once they did, she bowed. "Welcome 'home'... she paused, figuring out what precisely to say - she didn't often do the greeting unless it was one of the regulars. The 'welcome home' bit was part of the standard greeting, part of the "maid fantasy" indulged in by patrons. "Master and Mistress!" she recovered, enthusiastically. "Is there anywhere the both of you would like to be seated specifically?" Then the girl starts walking over on her own. Yuki shrugs, and follows - maybe this was a regular who usually visited during school hours? "Do you want anything to driiiinn- why are you making super-secret hand signals?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2017, 10:54:45 pm »

Yoake's eyes slowly move over to look at Yuki.

"Whaaaaaaaat? Secret hand signaaaals? I dunno what you're taaaaalkin' aboooout..."

She quickly sits back up, and puts on her best 'incognito face'. Her normal expression.

"Hmm... yes... I would like...." Her eyes look around the table, and at Yuki.

"... a menu."
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2017, 10:59:18 pm »

Yuki looks at her a bit funny, but takes a menu out of a pouch in her apron. "Here you go!" she said, waiting for an order. Well, Minato being part of super-secret organization confirmed. Nice, not crazy this time!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2017, 11:00:40 pm »

"I'm sorry. So sorry...she's quite odd at times." Shef muttered, head in his hand. He straightened up , stretching his fingers on the table.

"Drinks would be wonderful, miss...? I'd simply like ice water for now...I'm unfamiliar with this type of establishment. Is there anything I should be aware of?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2017, 11:03:08 pm »

Yoake picks up the menu, and looks at it, intrigued. She puts it down after about 5 minutes of thinking, and makes a faux coughing sound.

"Ahem, I.. would like...... a 'hot choc-o-late', thank you." Her face is locked into a forced-neutral expression as she says this.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 01:04:15 am »

Of course, Faith can't help but take curious, confused peeks at the table next to them; she doesn't want to seem like she's staring, but the one girl (in a one-piece swimsuit?) is being... pretty conspicuous, all in all, what with the barrage of apparent hand signals. Plus, she's got Faith's half-sister's attention, and Faith already recognizes that Yuki likely isn't the type to usually notice this sort of thing unless it's really strange.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 285