Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208120 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2017, 03:43:31 pm »

"He had an army of forklifts. Magical racist forklifts."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2017, 04:19:07 pm »

"...oh, wow, uh, geez. I guess this whole magical world thing really IS gonna take some getting used to if that's the sort of thing that's common."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 17, 2017, 04:20:23 pm »

"You get used to it."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2017, 07:49:13 pm »

Chapter 1 - A Chance of Thunder

Yuki
You get your paycheck. The manager's either too confused about what the hell happened today to question why you left in the commotion to, break a washing machine or something(?) or just simply doesn't want to know.

Noriko
Your ass also remains unfired. Also in the evening a courier comes over to your apartment. Said her name was 'Satoshi Nakamoto' and that she had something for Kouta. That something as it turned out was a necklace that gave him a means to access the safehouse without being Awakened. You two were also offered a lift there wasn't much to pack.

Yoake
You get a good deal of return calls today thanks to having actually fought in public for a bit, though most of them were duds, even more so than usual thanks to you being in the entertainment district so most people thought it was a promotion for something or other than actually about a proper martial art.

Everyone
It is now Wednesday morning.

Faith and Noriko
You two are currently at homeroom, waiting for Mr. Honda to show up. Through the windows you can see a few late students sprinting past the obligatory cherry blossom trees on the way from the bus and train stations right outside the school gates.

Minato and Yuki
You two are currently at homeroom, waiting for Mrs. Tanaka to show up. You are one floor above the other two, so you can see everything the other two see, but with a bit less hayfever and not recognizing as many of the sprinting figures.

Shef and Yoake
You, are somewhere. Where is that somewhere and why the fuck are you there? Shopping? Sipping drinks at a bar? Looking for a place to set up a dojo? In the safehouse pirating everything ever on someone else's dime? You two don't need to be together either just to be clear.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:34:29 am by Empiricist »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2017, 08:10:19 pm »

Faith sat at her desk, lightly swinging her legs back and forth as she mulled over the previous day, hand lightly on her chin as she thought. Eventually, Faith begins to move, hesitates slightly, and then gets up and moves in Noriko's direction, leaning on the other Awakened girl's desk lightly.
"...I don't think that I'm gonna be able to focus on school today after learning all of that and, you know, the thing with the microwaves and stuff. How about you?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2017, 08:12:47 pm »

Ugh. So many people simply calling to praise her 'performance', and asking for her 'number'. When would people learn about the true honorable nature of Keijo?

Well, she supposed that's why she was doing what she was doing now. Heading to the school where the other Awakened (who still went to school) to teach P.E. under her new fake identity, of Yūgure Oppai.

She felt like a master of subtlety, what with her excellent disguise of a cap, glasses and ID card strapped around her neck.

Walking into the school, she headed to her classroom (the school gym, which has a desk), being given the permission to relieve for this one class. As far as she saw it, it was a pretty relaxing day as she sat at the desk, waiting for a class to turn up.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:18:17 pm by spümpkin »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2017, 08:36:56 pm »

"Probably not. Although, I don't know, it's different for me. Like I already knew about all that, sort of, I just thought it was all in my head." She shrugs. "It is a lot to get used to, though."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2017, 08:58:57 pm »

Yuki, for her part, seems almost as if the last day had not happened. She doesn't act any different than she normally does besides not being a zombie in the morning. But then, that may be because she fucking called it all and so she'd not stayed up all night thinking about it. She wanders over to Minato soon after arriving. "Heeeyyy, good morning!" she declares in her normal way.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 24, 2017, 09:08:47 pm »

There's a brief pause before Faith speaks, a bit awkwardly, tapping the tips of her fingers together.
"You know... I never was one of the ones to talk about you behind your back, uh, if that means anything."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2017, 09:09:10 pm »

Yoake
You as usual get people staring and ogling you for your choice of attire and general mannerisms which aren't entirely standard for a PE teacher. What they do not do however, is question whether or not you are a PE teacher or your presence here. As far as they're concerned, you should be here, even though they have not met you before. The classroom is quiet for now, the hallways outside it however, are not, with plenty of students walking or running to homeroom, a few who pause to peek into the classroom, and a few who trip over when skidding to make a glance, or trip over the ones who already tripped. You've got a bit of time to kill before your lesson begins.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2017, 09:20:18 pm »

Noriko sighs slightly. "It does, a bit, but I sort of learned to ignore it after a while. Either way, it doesn't matter any more - though you should probably be careful that the same thing doesn't wind up happening to you now."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 24, 2017, 09:22:48 pm »

Shef was in a closet, killing time, as he had a few minutes to wait before the halls began to clear up. He collected some of the implements with which he was expected to work. A mop, broom, disinfectant. He was dressed in a dirty gray uniform, with a small, inconsequential I.D. clipped on the chest. He was, in short, a janitor.
He peered out into the hallway, garnering some quick meaningless glances from passersby. As soon as the hallway emptied, he would begin his duties.
...My talents are wasted here.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2017, 09:30:42 pm »

The already kind of nervous Faith visibly practically deflates a bit at that last sentence; it certainly doesn't look like she wants that to happen.
"Right, haha... I'll be careful, huh."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 24, 2017, 09:46:34 pm »

Bored, Yoake puts her feet on the desk, pondering what to do.

Hmm... She cooould wait here and do some work or something, oooor... she could try find Shef and see if he wants to do anything! She knew he was here, but he didn't know where.

Stepping out into the halls answered this for her, as she burst into laughter at Shef cleaning the floor.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2017, 03:31:02 am »

Yuki, for her part, seems almost as if the last day had not happened. She doesn't act any different than she normally does besides not being a zombie in the morning. But then, that may be because she fucking called it all and so she'd not stayed up all night thinking about it. She wanders over to Minato soon after arriving. "Heeeyyy, good morning!" she declares in her normal way.
Minato smiles suavely at her.
"Hey, Yuki. Sleep well?"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 285