Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208119 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #765 on: July 26, 2017, 07:12:10 am »

Yoake
As it's still the afternoon, most of your students for this first lesson are well, students. School's out for the day, but the work day hasn't finished yet. Indeed, like fifty percent of the students you've seen at the school prior. You know, now that you think about it, if this works out you could probably just keep your cover up and use that to try and make some sort of Keijo Club at the school. Now, impersonating a member of staff for the purpose of promoting your own craft might not exactly be a shining example of professional ethics, but hey! It's not like you're collecting a paycheck or anything! It could be like a public service!

Of the remaining participants, it's likely a mix of those you didn't see, those from different schools, oh and Satoshi. Guess she actually was interested in learning.

There's also a fair amount of spectators, and they're probably here to watch something other than the martial arts. Except for maybe the guy with the clipboard, and that shrine maiden.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 27, 2017, 07:51:35 am »

Yuki, seeing as everything seemed to be fine now, clears her throat. "Well, I need to depart! As epic as the battles were in which I lost them, I do require a new uniform for my place of employment and intend to go requisition one! Noriko, should I ask to get you one too when I go? I'll give it to you on our next shift, you probably really need rest because being shot in the face probably isn't enjoyable - I think I healed it but that's still a bad wound..." Yuki gives enough time to respond from Noriko, gives Faith a hug, and then goes to the maid cafe.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 27, 2017, 09:15:10 am »

Yuki
You're almost there when you notice two figures, a man and a girl, sitting outside a cafe near your workplace. Now, all this supernatural world stuff is quite new to you, and as far as you can tell the man isn't particularly noteworthy. He's a monochrome figure wreathed in several layers of grey, which with his metallic visor and gauntlets hide all traces of the person beneath. Not exactly normal attire, but there's plenty of cosplayers here, fairly dedicated ones at that, and he isn't exactly casting spells or anything. The girl on the other hand, that's another matter. She looks young, very young, twelve years old maybe? She's dressed in a mage's outfit looking like something out of an RPG, the cloak and hat a deep purple matching her hair and eyes, and most importantly, she's smoking a cigar. You're pretty sure a little girls normally don't go around smoking cigars. As your draw closer you begin to hear snippets of their conversation through the noise around you.
"Lady behind me. Red dress. High heels."
"Dark rings under her eyes?"
"Maybe. Can't see."
"Well-to-do, single, thinks she cares about her appearance but is only just going through the motions, hasn't been sleeping well."
"Right-handed. Looks fit but hasn't exercised in a while. New arrival?"
"Ja. Girl heading towards us. White hair. Twintails."
"Energetic. Not too alert of her surroundings. Involved in theatre or the like - she's got her bag but not her uniform. She's looking our way."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:33:16 pm by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 27, 2017, 04:32:46 pm »

Yuki is of course looking their way because she saw their outfits - coooool. So, she walks over to tell them as much. "Hey, I like your outfits! They look really cool!" she says. She doesn't comment on the cigar, at least not yet.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 27, 2017, 07:25:05 pm »

Faith finds herself surprised by the hug from Yuki, her eyes widening -- but then she returns it, squeezing her half-sister rather tightly. "...thanks, Yuki."

That seemed to be what was needed to kick Faith out of moping around and doing nothing: after Yuki leaves, Faith sits up, tapping her fingers on the floor for a while. She seems like she wants to say something, but takes a little while for her to actually do so. "...umm... Minato, you said we could talk if I needed to, right...?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 27, 2017, 07:26:35 pm »

Minato looks over to her, waiting for her to speak for a bit.
"Of course. You want to talk now?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 27, 2017, 07:31:18 pm »

Faith bothers to actually stand up rather than just sit on the floor, now, and she walks over to Minato, sitting relatively close to him. "Uh, yeah, I think I can do. But, uh... alone, I think. ...sorry, Noriko, Shef, I think I kinda need to steal Minato here, heh..."
It's kind of a weak giggle that punctuates the end of that sentence, and Faith just kind of ends up sighing and shrugging.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 27, 2017, 07:41:34 pm »

Minato stands up and offers her his hand.
"Come on, let's talk outside, get a little bit of privacy."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #773 on: July 27, 2017, 07:43:39 pm »

A bit of Noriko's irritation leaks through as a flat look at the pair. "Okay, this is basically my living room, but sure. I'll go see what Kouta's up to." Truth be told, she was still worried about the kid, how he was adjusting and all. Maybe he was feeling lonely, with her constantly running around town - but then, she was actually around more than she used to be overall. She started to head out of the room and in the general direction of the one Kouta had set up in when Minato spoke. "No, no, you guys just stay here." And with that, she left.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 27, 2017, 07:48:22 pm »

Yuki
"Thanks." The voice is metallic and slightly distorted, though not as much as you'd expect and there's a definite suaveness to it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:34:13 pm by Empiricist »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 27, 2017, 07:51:46 pm »

Faith opened her mouth and closed it as Noriko got up, raising a finger and then talking only as Noriko began to leave, trailing off as the irritated girl actually exits the room.
"No, I-- I, uh, I did mean us leaving."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 27, 2017, 07:52:54 pm »

Minato lifts an eyebrow at Noriko's irritation, but now wasn't the time to deal with it. Perhaps later, when they'd all gotten some proper rest and Faith was dealt with. He turns back to the blonde girl.
"So, uh, what's up?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 27, 2017, 07:55:51 pm »

"We, uhhh, we probably should still leave. I could use some fresh air anyway after all that stuff underground and, well--" She kind of just gestures in the direction of Shef. "Maybe we could find a park or something?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 27, 2017, 07:57:08 pm »

"There's a few small public gardens nearby we could talk in, if you want."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 27, 2017, 08:05:15 pm »

"Yeah, uh, that sounds nice."
She stands up from where she was sitting down, and moves towards the door.
"Oh, you should lead the way, shouldn't you...?"
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 285