Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208302 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC - Bad Cop, Mad Cop
« Reply #1200 on: October 18, 2017, 08:34:00 pm »

"It's. . . different." She sighed a bit. "That much is a given, I guess. It's nice that I finally have proof that I'm not just schizophrenic or something, and it's been pretty interesting so far, but. . . I don't know, I just can't help but worry about my, I guess you'd call him my brother, getting hurt on his way to school or something. Or one of my friends getting jumped by an Aramitama without another person around. Do you know what I mean?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 20, 2017, 07:56:33 pm »

Noriko
A glance to the girl in the bed. "Yes. Very much so." Another pause, just that tiny bit longer for awkwardness to set in "It's hard..." she's quieter now, voice still lively but tempered now with the faintest hint of bitterness "accepting that there's things beyond our control. But, there's people we can rely on, people we mightn't even know looking after those we care about, and, as long as we do our part as well, we can keep everyone safe. A policeman can't always watch over his own family."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 21, 2017, 12:42:17 am »

Faith sighed a little and shrugged, looking at Minato with an expression that was a little bit sour and a little bit resigned.
"Yeah, well, what can you do, right? I guess I just have to... try to lean on you all for a while while I learn to adjust to this. I hope that's not... too much to ask, I guess."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1203 on: October 21, 2017, 01:19:30 am »

Noriko's eyes inadvertently followed the woman's. "Oh. . . Um, yeah, that makes sense to me. I'm sorry for interrupting you here, I should probably leave now that I know nothing's off. . ." She looked to the side and downward, somewhat embarrassed; she'd more or less barged in on this woman presumably visiting someone close to her in the hospital. And judging from the response, that someone was probably hurt in the same sort of incident that kept playing out in the back of Noriko's head.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 21, 2017, 04:24:26 am »

? ? ?
"Hiyee! Can I help you? Are you lost?"
"Your name is Ren Hamilton, fourteen years of age, born thirty-first of August 19XX, is that correct?"
"Yup! Who are you? You're too young to be a nurse."
"And you're too lively to be in that bed."
"I guess, but the doctors said-"
"That it's a miracle and there's so much they're not sure of. That won't be changing anytime soon. Can you walk?"
"I- huh? Um, I guess I can, are we going some-"
"Good. Here, take this get up and-"
"Wha-"
"It's a Regalia you'll be needing it. My name is Mizuki Hashimoto, think of me as your mentor for now. We can talk more later, we're on the clock right now."

Noriko
Just as you're about to leave, she speaks again "...Say, if you're new to this, would you like someone to help guide you? I could mentor you if you'd like."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 05:15:02 pm by Empiricist »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 21, 2017, 05:38:17 am »

Yoake salutes at Shef's order to be ready to drive.

"You got it! I really dunno what's the best course of action here, so I'll follow along with whatever!"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 21, 2017, 08:00:53 am »

Shef nodded. "Let's go." He tossed his pistol to his right hand, and grabbed their guy by on arm, for Yoake to grab the other side. As they ran he would open up a portal to the room on the right, offsetting the entrance and exit to the portal in hopes of lessening the number of shots that might be fired their way.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1207 on: October 21, 2017, 07:17:18 pm »

Noriko stopped somewhat abruptly. "Oh, um. . . " She was more caught off-guard than anything else at the question. "I, yeah, that would probably be helpful, honestly. I sort of just fell facefirst into this and I've been figuring it out as I go along for the most part."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 22, 2017, 02:53:40 am »

Faith sighed a little and shrugged, looking at Minato with an expression that was a little bit sour and a little bit resigned.
"Yeah, well, what can you do, right? I guess I just have to... try to lean on you all for a while while I learn to adjust to this. I hope that's not... too much to ask, I guess."
Minato returns to an easy smile. This was a more comfortable position for him; one where he could have someone's back. Dates were hard for him; being a good friend, not so much.

Then again, Noriko had proven he could make mistakes there too.
"I'll try my best for you, Faith. Don't worry about it."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 22, 2017, 03:12:47 am »

Yoake grabs the man arm with both of hers, and is ready to run. She would follow Shef's action pretty much no matter what, unless she was about to be killed or something.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:27:56 am »

Shef and Yoake
"Woah woah woah! Where are you taking me? Are you outta your goddamn minds?" The man struggles against your grasp, trying to break free "If I don't leave with the two guys you just murk'd, I'm dead. I dunno how, but I ain't gonna doubt the boss."

Noriko
"I can tell, here's my number, call me if you need anything. Or just wanna chat, I'm fine with that too!" She offers you a piece of paper.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 23, 2017, 04:16:06 am »

Yoake giggles and grins widely.

"Hehe! Silly, you're not dead until we say so!"
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 24, 2017, 07:16:07 pm »

Shef's face contorted quickly through the expressions of complete astonishment, concern, a small amount of fear, and finally back to a blank face. "Yes. That. Now come on. We've got plans for you."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1213 on: October 24, 2017, 07:34:10 pm »

Noriko took the paper and glanced at it before sliding it into a pocket. "Thanks. I might have to get ahold of you for some fighting tips at some point. . . Not now, though, right now I need coffee. Or a nap, I don't know."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 24, 2017, 07:49:11 pm »

Shef & Yoake
Standing in his own apartment, held by that humourless man and that giggling girl, staring down the barrel of two guns, one literal the other figurative, it was then that Hiroki Kimura realized that he had fucked up. Whatever the hell he landed himself in, it wasn't just the boss he had to worry about, there were some grade-A psychos caught up in the mix, this wasn't just another job, hell he knew that when he first started, the guy was loco, sometimes they just were. When that happens, you break it off if you can, if not, well you keep your head down and try not to die. It ain't pleasant but it works, and like it or not it's not too rare a story. But this? This was something else entirely, and if he knew then and there that if didn't move now, right now, well, the price of treachery would be the least of his concerns.

So with a shudder, he shut the fuck up and followed.

. . .

The man quietens down, his struggles ceasing. Good, that's one problem outta the way. As for all the rest, well, you're just gonna have to play it by ear. Through the portal you run, the man in tow, and in the moments that follow the crossing of the threshold you hear something, something faint, something muffled.

The sound of rotary cannons cycling up.

[Now Playing: The Pretender]

There's a sudden screeching whirr, a distorted roar, and then the rumbling buzz. Bullets tear through the wall, sweeping from the doorway inwards. Next comes the crash. They've breached into Kimura's apartment, soon they've be crashing in here.

Your earpieces spark to life.
"I've picked up energy spikes in your area. Three more further away, the signature matches that class of construct."

Commencing Extraction...
Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)

Noriko
"Sure!"

And with that, you leave.
"Are you okay? Well er, not okay, but y'know..."
"Not teetering on the edge of alcoholism."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:06:35 pm by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 285