Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208266 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - It's Educational, I Swear!
« Reply #1980 on: June 07, 2018, 08:35:54 pm »

Faith and Minato
"...The fuck do you think I'm gonna do? Jill off to it or something? Please." (Fleur)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: June 08, 2018, 07:11:24 am »

Well, the whole Fleur thing was out of his hands now, so Shef had retreated back to the supply table. There he'd watched with a carefully concealed and very odd feeling mix of amusement and dread as Yoake unveiled her mech. He'd been considering asking a few questions, primarily about the rockets--solid or liquid fuel, burn times and the like--but then Yoake had dashed off into the mansion for god knows what.

Since it seemed like it'd still be a bit before everyone was regrouped enough to start the mission, Shef found himself a wall against which he sat down. He pulled out one of the metal sheets he'd picked up from the supplies along with a remote, and carefully folded the metal sheet in the required way. Turned out to be a delicate crane. Shef had little knowledge or great appreciation for this art form, but it was rather nice to watch the small minimalist form start to flap its wings.

Once it was ready, he held it out on his hand while working one of the controls with his other, causing the thing to take off. First, to get a feel for the thing, Shef attempted to circle the room twice. Once he was somewhat confident, he sent it out in the direction Yoake had headed. She'd probably be out of sight by this point, but he'd search around the nearby rooms and halls a bit anyway. Get a feel for using the drones to actually scout.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1982 on: June 08, 2018, 07:28:44 am »

"No, it's fine. I just thought I might be doing something wrong." She took the other practice infusion in her right hand, and repeated the earlier process of grabbing it mentally, then shoving it into her spear and out the end.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: June 08, 2018, 06:42:19 pm »

Minato simply pats Faith comfortingly, looking over at Fleur meanwhile.
"If she can't remove it, she can't remove it. Sorry, Faith, I tried, but if she can't remove it, I don't think anyone else can.

Do you mind just.....keeping that thing out of existence? Just don't show it around. Or speak of this ever again. That last part'll probably be best."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: June 08, 2018, 07:08:47 pm »

Shef
Well, Yoake turns out to be currently chasing a terrified Mary around in a mechsuit.

The mechsuit has breasts.

Goddamnit Yoake.

Noriko
You do that, getting that much more familiar with the thresholds and sensitivities. Try as I might, I couldn't figure out a good innuendo for you shoving things up your spear, go figure.

Faith and Minato
"Sure." (Fleur)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: June 08, 2018, 09:17:28 pm »

Shef gave an exhausted sigh. It was probably fine. He'd just keep the drone following at least ten feet off to watch what happened next. If Yoake appeared to be going to far, he'd get up and head over. Probably. For now, he'd just keep practicing with the drone taking glances over every so often to make sure things were fine.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: June 08, 2018, 11:55:52 pm »

Faith kept her face in her hands for a moment before she finally pulled them away and nodded glumly, though she remained sitting down for now. "That's probably the best I can hope for, y-yeah... at least this means that you didn't make it yourself, either. ...still really sucks, though." Then she sighed and shrugged a little. "...but whatever, I guess. Guess we have to move on, what with the Aramitama and all. . ." She trailed off.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: June 09, 2018, 11:42:56 pm »

Yoake doesn't want to plow Mary to bits just yet. She halts the mech's pace, and through the inbuilt speaker system, yells.

"HEY! STOP RUNNING! IT'S TIME FOR MORE TRAINING!"

Because this is not particularly encouraging, she also tries to move her mech so it is in front of Mary, and blocking her escape.

"THINK ABOUT SOMETHING COOL BEING REAL, LIKE DRAGONS OR SOMETHING!"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: June 10, 2018, 12:13:19 am »

Yoake
When confronted with by a giant robot with an equally giant pair of breasts, the human brain tends to shut down from sheer terror. Such things evoke a primal fear after all, as primal as spiders and darkness, doubly so when piloted by someone who an outsider may be inclined to categorize as a domestic terrorist, albeit one with a strange and unknowable agenda.

It is only natural then that Mary curls up into a ball as that now all so familiar pressure explodes outwards. A few seconds later pass. One of the phantasmal servants gently prods Mary.

"Oh uh... Yoake... S-sorry! I didn't see you there! I thought I was getting attacked by a monster!"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:18:29 am by Empiricist »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: June 10, 2018, 12:19:04 am »

Yoake waves, but it's not visible.

"IT'S TIME FOR THE REAL DEAL! IMAGINE SOMETHING REALLY COOL TO FIGHT ME. I WON'T BE ABLE TO STAY FOR TOO MUCH LONGER, BUT WE CAN CONTINUE THIS ANOTHER TIME AFTER."

Yoake is prepared to dodge anything coming from Mary.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: June 10, 2018, 12:49:31 am »

Yoake
Gonna go out on a limb here and guessing "a servant slapping me with a paper fan" is not what Mary thought, though that, is precisely what happens.

"H-hey! Cut that out! Um uh, uh..."

Your thrusters rotate ninety degrees upwards. And then they fire, full force, blasting you into the ceiling and leaving the torso of your mech kinda just lodged there.

"Aha! Take that! Wait no! This is my house! What am I gonna do now?"

Mary meanwhile has gone from triumphantly pointing at you to just rolling around clutching her head.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: June 10, 2018, 01:01:20 am »

The speakers on the mech buzz with static for a moment, before Yoake uses the thrusters to gently push herself back down. "Gently", in this case, meaning with as little roof breaking as possible, which is still a bit.

"-bzzt- EXCELLENT JO- -bzzt- MARY! TRY SOMETHING COOLER THIS TI- -bzzt-"

Again, Yoake readies herself.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: June 10, 2018, 01:27:19 am »

Yoake
You descend completely unhampered as Mary kinda just stares at you. "L-like what? I tried a nuke and black mail and a teleporter but I just got smacked!"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: June 10, 2018, 06:33:01 am »

"TRY HARDER! IMAGINE LIKE, A DRAGON! Y'KNOW? WITH WINGS AND FIRE BREATH AND STUFF. YOU DO KNOW WHAT A DRAGON IS RIGHT?"
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: June 10, 2018, 10:05:20 am »

Yoake
"How does that help?"

Well, she's got a dragon plushie now, close enough?
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 285