Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208177 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - It's Educational, I Swear!
« Reply #1995 on: June 10, 2018, 11:13:20 am »

Shef flitted the drone around a bit, staying a little ways off from Yoake's and Mary's. . .confrontation if it could be called that. From just the little he saw here, his guess was that Mary would need a bit more actually pressure and danger to summon the more interesting stuff.

But that didn't really matter. If he was right, it was probably better that Yoake figured that out herself, and if he was wrong, well no reason to mention it. It didn't look like Yoake was running too far off, and didn't appear to be doing anything too (comparatively) crazy.

Shef turned the drone around, then lead it on a meandering path back to where he was, testing out some more difficult stuff now that he had some knowledge of the basics. He'd try to figure out important stuff like it's ascension speed, how sharply it could turn, whether it could easily traverse somewhat small areas like beneath sofas, the like.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1996 on: June 10, 2018, 12:25:39 pm »

Noriko nods once, then dismisses the weapon; it vanishes with a faint puff of wind. "Think I've got the hang of it, then." She was trying to ignore... whatever the hell it was that Yoake had just jumped into and run off after Mary with. Trying to understand that would be a waste of time.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: June 11, 2018, 07:05:59 am »

"Alright. Is that all you needed, Faith? You okay to go for now?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: June 12, 2018, 10:18:47 am »

Faith nodded, nodded again, and sniffled. Then she finally stood back up and brushed herself off, wiping her cheeks one final time. ”Right, right, yeah, I’m... I’m good to go now. I’m sorry about all this.” Having been awkwardly left holding the utility belt, Faith put it on, placed the vials into some of the pouches, shook the defense hexagons our if her sleeves and then placed those in too, and then after a little bit of thought checked the rest of the pouches to see if they had anything suspicious or embarrassing which would fall out at the worst moment.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: June 12, 2018, 05:38:23 pm »

A sigh can be heard from the mech.

"OKAY, LISTEN MARY I JUST REALLY WANT TO FIGHT A DRAGON AND I DON'T KNOW IF I'LL GET ANOTHER CHANCE LIKE THIS. SO, I'M SORRY, BUT PLEASE THINK ABOUT DRAGONS. BUT REAL DRAGONS. A BIG GREEN ONE WITH SCALES AND FIRE BREATH."

Yoake then lunges forward, mechanical butt-first, as the plating opens to reveal two large machine guns, about to fire.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: June 12, 2018, 07:41:06 pm »

Noriko
"I'll be heading off then. Good luck!"

Faith
Fortunately, the fifty dozen condoms are not in this utility belt.

Yoake
For a instant Mary's eyes, and then her expression darkens, becoming unreadable.

2x Resolve Expended!

Your thrusters flare and spin, turning your mech breastfirst before slamming it into the ground onto its chest, skidding to a stop at her feet. With a flash of light, she thrusts something a few inches from your face, some kind of ornate rifle, decorated with intricate silver engravings. Around barrel is a dragon's maw, and below it is a bayonet pointing at your throat.

She drops it in favor of grabbing your cheeks and stretching them.

"Damnit Yoake! I can't make dragons! I told you! I just have those weird servants! Regular weird servants too! They're not dragons either! Now apologize!"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: June 12, 2018, 08:04:48 pm »

Yoake pouts.

"I already apologized befoooore! I just really wanna fight a dragon, can you not convince your servants to build like, a dragon mech?"
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: June 12, 2018, 08:08:17 pm »

Yoake
"No! And you're in a mech right now! Why can't you do it?"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:10:15 pm by Empiricist »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: June 12, 2018, 08:57:47 pm »

Yoake thinks for a moment, before she looks at Mary, annoyed.

"Of course not! Just because I'm in a mech doesn't mean I can build a dragon mech!"
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: June 13, 2018, 04:44:18 am »

Yoake
"Sorry! I didn't mean to assume or- wait! Why am I apologizing? You came at me with a machinegun!"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: June 13, 2018, 09:24:59 pm »

Yoake waves a hand dismissively.

"You're awakened now, it wouldn't have been that bad. Plus, we have a healer right here. That bein' said, a dragon fighting a mech would be worth dyin' for, don't you think?"

She seems completely serious.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: June 14, 2018, 09:23:41 am »

Yoake
"No! Why would that be worth dying for?"
She continues stretching your cheeks.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: June 14, 2018, 06:36:08 pm »

Yoake waves her arms wildly.

"I dunno if you've heard, but dragons don't exist! As far as I know, anyway. Fighting one would be crazy! Also it'd give me huge publicity for Keijo."
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: June 14, 2018, 07:30:22 pm »

Yoake
"They actually do exist..."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: June 14, 2018, 08:23:56 pm »

Chapter 4 - Breach and Clear

Okay so y'all settle down and breach the Sanctuary, the entire history of its damn world tracing through your site as you access it.

[Now Playing: アモリタチテカミトミユ]

In darkest night, a droplet of ink falls upon a black sea. The ripples become waves and the waves become mountains, rough-hewn, crystalline almost, like the graphics of an early video game. Embedded, just beyond the horizon lies the neon sun, the boundary between heaven and earth oscillating in tune with its heartbeat, each pulse sending light streaking out across every edge and vertex in the land. Lightning rains down from the stars above as giants rise from the earth. With their hands, the giants shape the earth into all that exists in creation. And with lightning, the stars grant them existence, radiance, a neon pulse of their own seperate to the earth that birthed them.

Life emerges, some facsimile of it, trees and animals living alongside their makers, man and his weapons, holy blades of divine judgement, roaring gatlings of heaven's fury. Rapier missiles, laser cannons, armored trains.

Genesis in motion, come to an untimely end.

Man falls upon his blade. Trees crumble. Animals wither. Their life returns to earth. To the stars. It is needed.

The end times have come. The eschaton.

The land is barren again. What were once valleys become great trenches. Where there was once life there now exists only the instruments of death. Few giants remain, shaping the corpses of their brethren into great weapons for Armageddon.

You see soldiers entombed beneath the land, artillery pieces gouged into the mountains, sinkholes lined with lasers like lamprey maws.

The air is still. You smell nothing. You taste nothing. You feel nothing. This world never truly began, and yet here it is bringing itself to an end just to kill you. Do they really think it will be that easy.

You are all standing in a blasted wasteland where great fissures criss-crossing the surface, psychedelic rays of light crashing down across the trenches in front of you, a great of swarm of rapier missiles rising to meet you, soon followed by moth-like living shadows with neon halos that screech in a deep bass as they send exploding beams of energy streaking towards you. The missiles aren't here just yet.

Your target is much further ahead, at the horizon itself.

"I'm picking up artillery coming from the mountains. You've some time before the first shells land, how nice of them to give you a head start."

Shef
Great rainbow lasers, strobelight stars, bass moths, out of all the things this Sacntuary could've been it's a fucking nightclub. Still, this mention of artillery sounds worrisome. With the delay from firing to landing, they're probably not going to be able to hit accurately without some kind of precog system. That being said you doubt that's the plan either. They're just gonna rain death down to restrict and pray the shrapnel gets you.

Satoshi grins at you "Need a lift? You don't move too quick."

Minato
Sanctuaries have limits. An Aramitama can't just have an infinite army at their beck and call. By the looks of things, there's only so much energy in the system, only so many constructs can be active at once. The neon lightning? The stuff coming down in the trenches and distant mountains, that's their power supply, you're sure of it. It's likely all coming from that horizon, the center of this false reality with the Aramitama's own output added to the mix. In other words, until you break this whole damn world, the deluge won't stop. They can only field so many at once, but they will keep on coming until you're dead or this world is.

Spoiler: Worldlines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventories (click to follow link)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:09:54 pm by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 285