Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208234 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Money Laundering and You
« Reply #2310 on: September 12, 2018, 08:16:57 am »

Minato
The obituary was from a small local paper published in some remote rural village. Hideki Mizushima, a boy known for loving baseball and diligently caring for his ill little sister was found dead after a shocking freak accident wherein his body was half-disintegrated before being sliced in half. Strangely you've the faintest suspicion it wasn't really an accident. Go figure.
"Surprise surprise, Mary hasn't seen him since the Sanctuary raid either."
"We will alert you if the Aramitama reappears under that identity, but all things considered I suspect it has more stolen identities. You don't spend years cultivating a cover like this while still being as naive to think it can be used after it's blown. 'Hideki Mizushima' may never appear again."
"I'll see what we can do about his sister. Something tells me they're not going to keep bankrolling her treatment."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: September 12, 2018, 08:33:38 am »

"What do we know about the sister? How many other identities can we tie to this Aramitama?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: September 12, 2018, 09:07:21 am »

Minato
"Kokoro Mizushima. Ill with a condition that has yet to be diagnosed. Currently staying at the University of Tokyo Hospital. It was helping cover her expenses with its paycheck. It seems that sometime after the obituary was published, it managed to convince his family that it was Hideki and that the reports of his death were mistaken."
"We have no other identities associated with them right now. Once Acquisitions has finished investigating what's left of the Sanctuary we might get some leads."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:11:00 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: September 12, 2018, 11:33:48 am »

"......I see. What about the Mizushimas? Do they know what happened to their miraculously resurrected son?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: September 12, 2018, 07:00:11 pm »

The sweets weren’t even bad! Some pretty nice chocolate, actually, which resulted in Faith taking a handful of four chocolates and shoving them into her mouth. With the stress of having Nicole burst into apartment and of hearing about Sakurako’s condition, though, Faith felt it was plenty justified. And Sakurako really did sound like she was suffering. ”<Um... all of that stuff... does that still happen to her at all? I mean I guess she’d be dead if it wasn’t at least mitigated, because that’s a lot of messed up stuff, but... does it still happen? It sounds horrible... and, um, what do you mean by “a bit psycho”?>”
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:38:32 pm by Powder Miner »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: September 12, 2018, 08:49:59 pm »

Minato
"No. We'll need to break the news to them."

Faith
"<Still can if she pushes her powers too far. And I mean fucking pyschotic, the stuff they found in her blood's like super crack and it seems her powers copy the effects, right down to being high. Those initial symptoms? Classic coke overdose. 'Arrhythmia': from Greek, irregular heartbeat. Tachycardia. 'Tachy-': swift. 'kardia': heart. Arterial vasoconstriction. 'Vaso-': vascular. 'Constriction': take a fucking wild guess. Hyperthermia 'cause her muscles are goin' into overdrive and narrowing arteries inhibits venting that heat. Hypertension, well no shit. Point is up until it magically accelerates her blood without her heart, it's like she's on super crack. If it gets past that point, it's like she's on crack if it did crack.>"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: September 12, 2018, 09:49:07 pm »

Yoake looked at this newcomer with intrigue and, in her typical fashion, thinly-veiled enthusiasm.

She quickly addresses the majority of the class, assigning them some practice workouts, before approaching this person.

"Fight?"

An offering, question, and flirt, in one simple word. Yoake beckons, heading towards the arena platform at the front of the class.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: September 12, 2018, 10:36:54 pm »

”<Um, I think I understood all of that but the tachycardia and vasoconstriction already. But... that just sounds horrible. Does she at least ever get any moments where she can live normally? It’s hard enough in the Awakened world without any adverse effects from my magic,>” aside from something with her breakdowns or something, she wasn’t enturely sure how that worked, ”<I just can’t imagine what it must be like for her...>”

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: September 13, 2018, 08:37:54 am »

"Alright. Is there anything you need me to do? Do I need to follow up on this?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: September 13, 2018, 09:27:39 am »

Noriko
"Patients and anyone who they are sure will only use an Awakened doctor should it fail."

Yoake
The lady grins.

"Thought you'd never ask!"

With a short hop, she follows you on over.

Faith
"<Yeah, most of the time. It's not like she has to use her powers. And you could try asking her, she's been meaning to thank you.>"

Minato
"Nothing for now, we can handle this."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: September 13, 2018, 02:29:59 pm »

"Alright. Is that it?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: September 13, 2018, 04:01:52 pm »

”<I, um... I probably should, yeah.>” Faith snagged her watch and continued to talk as she did... though not without taking another look at her own pajama-clad state, prompting two more chocolates to go into her mouth. ”<Not— not right this moment though. Was that all you came here for...?>”

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: September 14, 2018, 04:56:36 am »

Minato
"That's all for now."

Faith
"<Yeah.>"
"Hey! Don't pretend I don't have something to say! That's just mean."
"<Hey she asked me, not you.>"
"Hmph. Meanie! Maybe next time I won't clean up your mess and give you sweets! We'll see who's a meanie then!"
"<You have me quaking in my boots.>"
"Anyways! Your magic runs on emotions right? You should join us and become a magical girl! We'll give a state of the art regalia that can harness the power of love in the form of Doki Doki energy! You'll be able to  wave wants, wear cute outfits, and use snazzy spells! And I'll give you more sweets! You just need to agree to never come near the Happy Funtimes Coalition of Systems and agree that Syrup Aerospace is not liable for anything you do the the WMDs we may or may not be providing you with!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2323 on: September 14, 2018, 05:48:58 am »

"I see." So it was an option. She'd have to talk to Kouta about it. Sure, it seemed a bit much, but in a world where people could just be randomly grabbed off the street by demons nobody else saw for God knows what purposes. . . "Was that everything? Usually I help Kouta with his homework a little after he gets home."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: September 14, 2018, 05:52:41 am »

Noriko
"That's all for now. Keep an eye out for anything suspicious at school. We can keep you updated on Sakurako's condition if you wish."
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 285