Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208165 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Money Laundering and You
« Reply #2325 on: September 14, 2018, 02:20:32 pm »

Faith listened to the cat — at first with mild confusion (this was unexpected, but her current Regalia HAD been failing her lately), and then with significantly more confusion, her eyes widening. ”Huh wait wait wait what was that about a “Happy Funtimes Coalition of Systems” and— WMD?! Are you offering me, like, a nuke?!”

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: September 14, 2018, 06:06:26 pm »

Faith
"It's where I come from! I'm an alien! The development, distribution, and deployment of wands and all other weapon systems that use Doki Doki Energy is strictly probihited there in accordance with the Doki Doki Non-Proliferation Treaty! But... that treaty only extends to the Coalition and its outer colonies, Earth doesn't count because you guys were here first so legally we are outside the jurisdiction of the Treaty! But you'll almost certainly be arrested on some pretty major if you enter Coalition space carrying that!"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:40:32 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: September 14, 2018, 07:14:09 pm »

"<Um, okay, aliens, wow, alright I guess at this point pretty much anything could be the case. Um, so, if I do take this Regalia, noone is gonna come in and... like... go all Iraq on me, will they? I'd rather not deal with, like, alien assassins if I don't have to, I've got enough on my plate already...
...wait, if there are aliens, are there any aliens that want to take over Earth?>"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: September 14, 2018, 08:15:52 pm »

Faith
"Doubtful and not as far as we can tell"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:40:18 pm by Empiricist »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: September 15, 2018, 01:27:42 am »

"<Well at least that's that. Um... can you explain a little more about what this Regalia is and how it works, then? If it's supposed to be my main draw, you know, I should probably know as much as you're willing to tell me.>"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: September 15, 2018, 01:37:25 am »

Faith
"<Wand makes you an outfit, outfit lets you generate and shape that energy. When you get the hang of it, you can rig the outfit and energy with instructions, make it fly or give it armor and shit.>"
"This is a Syrup Aerospace Doki Doki Wand prototype. It allows for as a Nico says, the creation of an interface suit that will turn feelings of love into Doki Doki Energy which it can then control. I think it should be compatible with your magic allowing you to pump in more energy and afflict enemies with Doki Doki Poisoning at will. Access to more advanced capabilities such as combat embeddings will likely take more time and practice!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: September 15, 2018, 05:36:19 pm »

”Oh, that... that does sound pretty good, actually, getting to have all of those abilities... and then I have had some experience with manipulating my magic recently... and maybe this armor would be more useful than my previous, too, eventually.

Uh... is the outfit resistant to damage? It should be.

Anyway, if I join your group and all, what do you expect of me? Cause, you know, I am part of a team with Minato (that’s the guy that was with me in the fight) and the others and all.”

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: September 15, 2018, 07:15:35 pm »

Yoake grins, before going into her standard fighting stance. She'll hold back a little, but not because she thinks she'll do heaps of damage, just because she likes this girl.

Going in for a fairly standard move, she starts with a side-swipe with her butt, using her breasts to act as a decoy attack before flipping around at the last second.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: September 15, 2018, 10:39:44 pm »

Optional Battle 1 - Six-Chambered Circle

Yoake
It happens the instant you move your breasts, a flash of golden light from your challenger's eyes. In that instant, that very same instant, something crashes down upon where you stood. Well, perhaps something isn't quite the right term. If anything, it's more like nothing, a whole load of nothing. A c-fractional fired without warning. Not the strongest attack in the world, but it's real fast and you've the feeling your physical defenses won't be worth a damn thing against it. 'Course that's only a problem if it can hit you, but you're Yoake motherfucking o-Shiri and it'll take more than a little space wizardry to hit you!

You aren't where the attack hit. Before you even moved your breasts you were dodging, it's common sense really, if you feint an attack they'll probably counter, and since you know where they'll be countering you just need to be somewhere else! Just one little problem: she's got her own followup, crashing upon you at the last moment, forcing you to disengage and leap backwards to avoid it.

You are now standing on the centre of the Land, your opponent near the edge.

[Now Playing: Six Shooter]

The lady grins back, her hat tilted over her eyes just enough that the glow of her eyes pierces the shadows cast over her face. In her left hand is the weapon that produced the effect, a spell circuit, an assembly of mystic symbols and diagrams. The six-chambered circle at its heart turns counterclockwise, the topmost chamber cycling downwards again to reveal another empty vial, matching those on her hat. In her right hand is its mirror image. With another flash of light she begins firing at you with her left circuit.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Faith
"In its default form yup! But it won't dampen hits by much without modification. Oh and, we just want the combat data! It's a prototype! Oh and to agree to this."
Fluffles drops the wand by your side along with a print out of, is that a EULA? It looks like a EULA albeit with references to various intersolar weapons control treaties and the like.
"You can get a lawyer to look it over if you want! Just be aware to you are considered to agree to this contract the moment you use the wand!"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:42:37 pm by Empiricist »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Broken Symmetries
« Reply #2334 on: September 16, 2018, 12:03:09 am »

One would normally expect that you Sensei challenging someone with guns to a duel would be ridiculous or surprising. Those who expect this likely have not heard of Yoake and the crazy bullshit she does. True, most here didn't know she was literally magical, but they had heard enough stories that... yeah this sounded about right. Didn't mean they weren't watching, most of them were, even Sakurako was glancing at them out of the corner of her eye as she did her exercise. All except Nakahara, who seems to be focused entirely on doing these tasks as perfectly as she can.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: September 16, 2018, 11:25:25 pm »

”Um... yeah, I’ll... probably ask some people about it I guess. Could you give me some time to research and think this over...”
Faith paused, and then.
”And weren’t you sending a drone to replace my window...?”

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: September 16, 2018, 11:29:49 pm »

Faith
"Yup! Here it is now!"
In warps two more of those flat containers, the first one unfolding into some sort of space roomba, the latter beginning to scan the broken window and remove the pieces still left in it.
"<See you around.>"
And with that the girl leaps out your fucking window. Well, at least they hadn't replaced the pane just yet.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: September 16, 2018, 11:40:55 pm »

”<Um... well.>”
Faith was silent for a few moments after that. That... had most certainly been a... thing... that happened.
Eventually, though, she actually piped back up. ”<So... Winter, Enn, can you see this? What do you think of this all?>”

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: September 17, 2018, 01:12:12 am »

Faith
<"I suggest you ask Minato or Yoake for a lawyer, best they got, just to be sure.>"
A pause.
"If you choose to use that Regalia, we will need to test it in a Sanctuary. Nico's combat data indicates that depending how it is used, these weapons may carry significant risk of collateral damage."

Noriko and Yuki
It's Monday evening, you're both entering your cafe when- what the fuck?

So firstly the place is packed. Okay sure. Secondly, there's someone who looks exactly like Yuki serving the tables. That's fine too, you guys did get people to cover your shifts and the mission did end way quicker than expected. But thirdly, thirdly, there's a fucking eldritch blob thing in a maid outfit, or perhaps more accurately, a maid outfit half lodged inside an eldritch blob thing, which worryingly, takes a bit of actual effort on both your parts to identify as such. Which just a bit weird since at a glance you both just identified it as Noriko, yes even you Noriko, for a brief moment before realizing that made no fucking sense. Who the fuck did they send to cover for you?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:42:39 am by Empiricist »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2339 on: September 17, 2018, 02:35:15 pm »

<"What the fuck?"> Apparently Noriko did know a couple English phrases. Still, even the non-Awakened people would probably notice something off if both of them stood around near their doppelgangers, so she held back and sent a text to Winter asking what the hell was going on instead, occasionally glancing back up at the thing with deep concern on her face.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 285