Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208143 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Broken Symmetries
« Reply #2340 on: September 17, 2018, 04:41:13 pm »

Noriko
Quote from: Winter
Elly volunteered to cover both your shifts. When you're ready, tell me and head over to the supply closet.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2341 on: September 17, 2018, 07:46:09 pm »

Is that what that thing is? It looks like something out of a horror movie ate a maid, and I thought it was me for a second.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: September 17, 2018, 07:54:20 pm »

Quote from: Enn
That would be Elly's summon. It is, difficult, to create a cover that allows someone to impersonate an existing person unless they can copy the appearances and mannerisms. Elly circumvented it by combining her summon's properties with charm magic to enhance its cover.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: September 17, 2018, 08:14:03 pm »

Faith frowned and thought for a moment. ”<Ummm... that sounds like a bad sign, I really really don’t want to get someone hurt? But you did say “depending on how it’s used”...

And yeah, I think I’m gonna call Minato.

...also, I kind of more was trying to ask if you guys think it’d be a useful trade for me, this Regalia.>”

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: September 17, 2018, 10:02:24 pm »

Faith
"<A single data point doss not make a pattern.>"
Another pause.
"Your current regalia can compensate for your lack of defenses to an extent, your usage of it is not so absolute that it can be relied upon. It just gives you a greater margin for error. Given then that your attacks, while powerful and accurate, carry a fair latency and are quite draining, I'd wager that your combat style makes is naturally more prone to error, being high risk and high reward and heavily focused on offense. Adding to that you, um, really don't take hits that well... so the margin for error you get is diminished. Personally I feel like something that can reduce the risk of your offense by covering its weaknesses or something that can improve your ability to avoid attacks would be better than your current Regalia. Something like a cloaking unit or metamagical catalyst. Looking over Nico's combat data, these wands may be able to do both, but there may be a learning process."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2345 on: September 18, 2018, 12:43:31 am »

She used charm magic on my regulars?
A followup shortly thereafter:
Whatever, as long as it doesn't turn out to cause brain cancer or something.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: September 18, 2018, 12:53:36 am »

”<Ummm, hmmm... honestly I think I’ve got a lot of learning to do either way. I do remember during that godawful battle how I suddenly was sensing my dark magic and then I started to wonder if I could maybe be more creative with it in general, and I tried that and it worked with that battle with Sakurako and all... and maybe it’ll also help stop me getting all horribly blown up... I dunno, maybe this’ll work nicely with that. I really should call Minato, though.>”

Faith slowly flipped through her phone contacts, giving the AI a chance to reply if they desired.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: September 18, 2018, 12:58:16 am »

Noriko
Quote from: Winter
When you're ready, we'll signal her so you two can switch places.

Faith
No response.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: September 18, 2018, 02:23:33 am »

Well, apparently they didn’t really have anything to say to that. It was kind of just her rambling anyway, she guessed, so... yeah, that made sense. With that apparently over and done with, Faith got to Minato’s contacts page, and hit the button to call him, putting her phone to her heas. She hoped she wasn’t interrupting anythint important.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: September 18, 2018, 03:55:35 am »

After a few rings, Minato picks up.
"Oh. Faith. Hey. How are you?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: September 18, 2018, 04:14:31 am »

Faith proceeded to babble a surprisingly long time into the phone, with the sound of paper rustling as the still-overwhelmed girl sorted things out. ”U-um, I’m not interrupting anything, am I? Because... honestly I kind of doubt I would have done much today, but the magical girl from earlier kind of... smashed through my window, along with the cat thing. And then they talked about Sakurako’s condition and then they offered me a new Regalia, and there’s just a lot of stuff to talk about I guess— but anyway, um, I’m rambling, um... I got a lot of paperwork from them and Winter suggested I ask you or Yoae for a lawyer or something. But there’s also a lot of papers and stuff I’m not sure I could describe over the phone so could you maybe... come over?”

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: September 18, 2018, 05:37:57 am »

Yuki was looking over Noriko’s shoulder to read the texts. ”Ooooh, that explains so much! Although it doesn’t actually explain why she looks like me... anyway, ready?”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: September 18, 2018, 06:24:11 am »

"Um.....sure. I'll call the family lawyer, we'll head over right away if possible. I'm not going to be any use to you if I came alone, right?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: September 18, 2018, 11:14:31 am »

Faith suddenly became awfully stammery. ”U-Um, well, you don’t have to bring the lawyer right away, it, uh, might be useful to get your opinion as an Awakened World veteran on some aspects of it all and uh— um— I don’t know if I’m quite ready to have a stranger see my apartment at the moment—“

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: September 18, 2018, 11:53:34 am »

"Uh, Faith? I'm a history guy, not a law guy. I kinda need to bring the lawyer along if you want me to have a look at them and actually understand them."
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 285