Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208231 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Harvest
« Reply #2565 on: November 19, 2018, 08:49:44 pm »

Noriko
"Oughta go fine, simpler functions like baking seem easy enough. 'sides, I got a shortcut. Tea and sponge cake sound good?" (Vendelin) He eyes your cooking utensils "Hey Fleur! You forgot to give her the other box!" (Vendelin)

"Oh right. Here you go." (Fleur)
Fleur hands you much smaller box. Opening it up well the fuck away from Kouta you find a full set of kitchen knives. Huh, you actually do need this. There's also a knife sharpening set, how thoughtful? And... another set of kitchen knives? Uh... you dig through the box. Um, this box is full of knives. She fucking went out and spent god knows how long and how much buying enough assorted knives to fill this fucking box.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: November 20, 2018, 05:01:12 am »

>No choice. Hope this works!<
Minato extends his hand out towards her, golden chains extending from his hands. Gleipnir, the invincible chains that bound Fenrir to his place ere the end of the world, and he was using it to stop this assassin.

He didn't know if it would WORK, but, well, better if he didn't let her touch him or Faith.

And he could deal with his "old friend" later. Tsukasa was going to be real happy to see him again.
Burn 4 alterations to turn the 1 into a 5. Summon Gleipnir to trap Harvest in place and arrest their movement for Faith to blast them, then use the stockpiled weapons to shield Minato from other attacks, keeping Rho Aias up.
[['5'] 3 1 2 2 4 1 2 6 [5]]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: November 20, 2018, 06:10:56 am »

Faith and Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Metro]

Okay, so here's what happens. Faith you bark out your announcement, and as soon as the words had left your lips you realize just how bad an idea that was. See, turns out no one's really fuck for taking a radioactive beam of death to the face like a bitch. The Aramitama? She decides to speed things up a bit, sinking low and leaping, backwards? Minato's chain catches her, but it's too late, it's coming.

FUCK!

You fire, and all hell breaks loose.

Darkness. Darker than black and dark still. A perfect void to which even the first scythe paled in comparison. That is what rises from the ground. So, that's the trick, that sense of dread you felt. There was another scythe, hiding in the shadow of the first. in that instant, she had extended it, deep, deep into the ground until it was beneath you two, and when you fired, that was the same moment she swung it upwards.

"BEHOLD! THE POWER OF TAXAT-AAARGAGHRVBJNDKGTHJYEFSWADRTYJ!"

Okay look. Not your proudest moment, but it was a trade okay?

Rho Aias shatters, your beam is cleaved in twain, the enormous blade cleaves deep into you and Minato, oh and the ground the beneath your feet, now completely fucking barren drains you. Also, those frost arrows? Well Rho Aias gone and both your sorry asses getting drained, it just begins freezing both of you.

Faith, you're yeah, not in a good shape, you're bleeding heavily from a massive gash to your back, you're bleeding, getting fucking frozen, and drained. Minato, okay you got armor but the hit did a little more than just sting. You're also bleeding pretty heavily, and you're also frosted and drained.

The Aramitama meanwhile is just, fucking gone. See if Faith used maybe a weaker beam, it probably would've just have gotten fully split. Unfortunately for her, this was a bit more powerful than one of Faith's regular beams. So while she did split the front of the beam, the rest just, yeah, vaporized her. With her gone, her Sanctuary implodes and her minions fall to the ground, dissipating to dust.

Congratulations. You won. You feel like shit, but you won. Gamma walks forwards tossing several vials of healing potions at your feet, apparently completely unaffected by the frost arrows it just took. "I was hoping for another fight. You do not look in mood for fight."

It glances around.

"Who is girl? Your girlfriend? I approve. She killed bitch with beam. She did not escape, but she is still alive though. Watch your back Minato."

Goddamnit. He's right. There were no shards. That Aramitama. She's still alive. Probably lich-like or something. Gone for now, but will be back sooner and later, and this time, with a much better appreciation for what Faith can do. Lovely.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Death and Taxes
« Reply #2568 on: November 21, 2018, 12:14:50 am »

Shef
"Quite odd to see you around these parts Miss Stephanidis, aren't you a few years early?"
"It's always good to see how things were before. Don't look so apprehensive, I'm just here to enjoy the night."

It is Friday evening now. Things are, well, things. Nothing bad has happened, not yet at any rate. Needed to change a few details at the last moment. Thorn wants, well she wants the priority to be on protecting the guests. Noble? Yes. Stupid? Probably. But she insists she can take it, and well look, long story short, one thing lead to another and well, she took that bullet pretty damn well. She's currently getting wheeled around the floor by a servant and accompanied by Léone. That was the other detail, she wanted her caretaker to be here, just in case of a medical emergency. Said caretaker also has her regalia concealed in a black bag. At least, you think it's a regalia. Wooden katana, didn't notice anything too odd about it anyway, had to smuggle it in with portal just in case security started asking about why she's bringing that in of all things. She's hiding something. You know it, she knows it, but well, you haven't much luck pressing for more info. Most you've gotten out of her is that well, if shit does go down, she'll put everything in the open. Here's hoping she keeps her word.

Evi's chatting up the guests in her new red dress, red to hide the blood if it comes down to it, new because, well turns out all her formalwear were a little more tomboyish than anticipated. Hanako's perched up on the terraces her copy helping survey the floor below.

You? You're just watching from the floor, monitoring comms and waiting.

You're not left waiting for long.

First comes the Sanctuary, then comes the spear.

[Now Playing: Dragonslayer Armor]

Thorn vanishes, dragged in by an unseen force. The rest of you breach in behind her. How fortunate, collateral damage is no longer on the menu. The Sanctuary is a barren wasteland of marble beneath a turbulent sky, a vortex of dusty clouds spiralling around the sun. It is from these heavens that it fell, a great pillar of light, a spear the size of a tower, crashing right ontop of where Thorn was sitting. She is now sprawled on the ground, forced out the way by Léone. The angel for her part isn't looking too hot no more, what with the impact taking out both her legs and a chunk of her side, well not that she seems to be complaining, her body already beginning to regenerate.

"I-it's above us!"

And indeed it is, a great bird of prey, larger than a damn house. Vaguely corvid in nature its mage's cloak fans outwards as a pair of wings, an astral blue trimmed with gold on top and the darkness of space beneath, matching the rest of its body. The hood is pulled up over its head hiding its eyes, or perhaps more accurately, it has no eyes for the hood it as a part of it as are the feathers to a raven. Tiny motes of magic twist and shift inside its black body as it circles the spear-tower. Oh yes, spear-tower, see the spear isn't just tower sized it also seems to be built like a tower with smooth marble bricks and stairs spiralling up its exterior.

Hanako is about to take aim when the caretaker stops her.
"We must make haste! This place will soon drown in abyssal magic. We need to climb that tower!"
...She sounds exactly like Victoria. She quickly loads her master into the wheelchair and retrieves the weapon.
"My sincerest apologies for this mess, I can explain as we go. Miss Mercier, I will carry you. It is the least I could do."

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:14:58 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Extreme Stair Climbing
« Reply #2569 on: November 21, 2018, 02:25:03 am »

Minato breathes heavily, untransforming once he was sure the enemy was gone. Picking up some of the healing potions, he tosses a few over to Faith, chugging some down to sort out his wounds.

To count; someone had just tried to assassinate him, almost succeeded, and he'd more or less been saved both by his girlfriend but also by his "old friend" (and someone he was sure Tsukasa would love hearing from again). Also, they didn't even succeed in killing the Aramitama either. No shards.

Great. Another person to add to the list of madmen who wanted to tussle with the Kumons.
"......wonderful. How you holding up, Faith?"
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:28:57 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: November 21, 2018, 06:25:43 am »

Faith made a whining noise and then took some of the healing potions, not hesitating to chug them. "Stupid Aramitama... with its stupid scythes... I was doing so well, too. Oh, God, I bled all over this shirt too and it's slashed so that's ruined. Rrrrrgh!" Faith crossed her arms, kind of just furious. "I literally can't even go three days without something like this happening! I guess it wasn't as bad this time as, well, as the mansion, but..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: November 21, 2018, 07:22:23 am »

"Preach to the choir, Faith. Well, I know a guy who can fix both our clothes, but it'll take a day or so.

Still, we're going to need to bring that up with Winter and Enn or something. Aramitama operating pretty brazenly like that doesn't seem like a good sign...."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: November 21, 2018, 07:51:41 am »

By now Shef was fairly certain in his suspicions that the caretaker was a double of some kind. Whether a being like Jack-O's, or something weaker like Hanako's copies--that had been new, but definitely welcome for keeping an eye on things--he didn't know yet. But they'd been given no name for the caretaker, the client had not begun to activate anything when attacked, and the caretaker sounded eerily similar. If his suspicions were correct, it'd mean they might lose the caretaker if the client was knocked unconscious even. Though, if the statement about medical emergencies had been more than an excuse, perhaps it'd work even if she wasn't conscious? Couldn't bet on it.

"Let's go. Hanako, portals!" He barked out. Shef summoned portals in controlled succession to accelerate the snipers path up the stairs. If she could get a shot off while the rest of them were climbing, it'd pressure the monstrosity, and lower the focus on them even if the attack didn't actually hit the creature.

Shef sets up portals to get Hanako up higher so she can start shooting maybe. He'll stay behind the client's projection sending out cover fire as they ascend the stairs. Alter twice to a 4.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: November 21, 2018, 08:07:06 am »

Yuki blinks. "If it's magically created blood, then I think that's fine, although you probably should prove it. And also prove you're not doing something evil."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Death and Taxes
« Reply #2574 on: November 21, 2018, 09:01:44 am »

Shef

"O-on it!"

Hanako and her copy run through the portals ascending up the stairs, the rest of you trailing behind. As she climbs, she takes aim with her rifle and after a bit of aiming, sends an explosive round right on an intercept course with the beast's breast. It spins to face the round and with a swipe of its talons, conjures a circular barrier. No dice, the round shatters through and blasts right through its flesh. Multi-colored blood begins to drip from the wound like droplets of paint as it screeches in fury. A good hit, but the thing's well, fucking massive.

"I-I hit it! I-it didn't do much though..."
"A fine hit, keep it up! It may not be decisive but enough wounds will weaken it with bloodloss. H-hey, Miss Stephan-"
"Evi."
"Evi, what are you doing?"
"Rigging the chair, I can detonate or launch it if it comes down to it. Hey Shef, give her the bottles."

Right, the bottles. Wind vials, they release violent gusts when used. Good for if say you were say, about to fall to your demise. Evi grabbed two before the mission for your use, said she'd rather not someone pull the same dust trick she did.

"What can else do you know about the bird?"
"It is skilled in ritual magic, attacking by flooding the area with abyssal magic. The price is pays take the form of these towers, it must provide its foes with an avenue of escape, and if it were to bring down this avenue its spell will fade. It will however try everything short of this to make us fall."
"And yourself? What is pressing now, what is not later."
Victoria pauses for a moment, picking her words before finally,
"I... am the girl in the chair. I have become estranged from own body, it is still my source of spirit energy however, so this doll I am speaking through may only function in its proximity. I am afraid we must make the killing blow with my body lest we bring about a calamity."

Glistening darkness rises up, the marble wasteland vanishing beneath its glimmering surface. In it you see the reflections of  strange shifting constellations, motes of light like those of the bird, albeit connected by pale lines.

Speaking of the bird, it's just decided that it'd rather not spend its time dodging bullets and taking exploding drills to the chest. So instead, it swoops down low, first scattering the some inky black and awfully slick liquid on the stairs above, and then beginning to send motes of light crashing down, first upon Hanako, then upon the rest of you.

Yuki
"Oh? But aren't I innocent til proven guilty?"
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:12:32 am by Empiricist »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: November 21, 2018, 11:00:39 am »

Yuki blinked. "Are you a foreigner? That's how it works in America and other places, but that's not how it works in Japan. Here it's... well it's not teeeechnically 'guilty until proven innocent' but they don't really press charges unless they're really sure they have the right guy. Or if they just want a conviction and don't care who, whichever comes first. Kinda depressing actually. Then it becomes a battle of wills between the defense and the prosecution, except it's usually pretty stacked on the prosecution's favor even if everyone is rooting for the underdog. Anyway! If I was my sister, that might have worked! So, can you prove you're innocent?~"
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 11:55:00 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2576 on: November 21, 2018, 12:30:58 pm »

"That sounds wonderful," Noriko said, perhaps not sounding quite as enthusiastic as she could. Mostly because she was distracted by the second box Fleur had given her. Fortunately, it wasn't full of sex toys again, but the amount of knives in it was. . . excessive. Did she actually think Noriko needed this many knives? Did she just have too much money left over after buying a box full of sex toys?

. . . For that matter, how much money was she actually willing to spend just to mess with her? They were gifts, so it wasn't like Noriko could get too upset, but at the same time, boxes full of knives and "weaponry" weren't exactly what you bought someone to be nice, generally.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: November 21, 2018, 03:18:02 pm »

"Right. Here." Shef pulled the bottles from an inner pocket, and carefully passed them off.

"Calamity? Gonna need some specifics. If you make the last hit but it bleeds out, what happens, what conditions will you need to actually hit that thing, all pertinent details." Shef took a deep breath in response to the heretofore unmentioned complications surrounding their task. "Does it need to be your 'doll', or your actual body?" That'd be yet another hurdle to this climb.

"When we get to the slick, keep your stride length even. Can get us through, but you all need to move at consistent speeds." He called this out over the comms, then thought better of it. "Hanako, try to slow down a bit, it'll be easier if I'm closer." Those motes of light were worrying, but hopefully she could deal with the ones aimed at her? There was a possibility, though Shef knew it was no guarantee, that the motes might be more focused on disruption, perhpas stunning or confusing, or taking out chunks of the stairs, rather than intended to actually damage them.

Shef begins setting portals at equal spacings reaching from just above the oil slicked stairs to the undersides, effectively allowing people to walk on the undersides. These appear in front at a consistent rate, and disappear from behind, hopefully in time with the footsteps of the client's projection. Use the first result, and alter the 1 up to a 3 for a Hey, Look over there hyper to shield the wheelchair crew from the motes of light.
[5] 4 2 [1+2] 6 4 4 2 1 2
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 03:20:09 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: November 21, 2018, 08:21:33 pm »

Faith and Minato
"We are already aware. You can thank your friend for that."
"Was assassination attempt no? Suppressive fire to restrict, wheat to drain and entrap, pick to pierce armor."
"If it is it may be best to have that training now. Keeps you out of town for a few days and readies everyone for the next attempt."

Yuki
"But you aren't sure are you? Wouldn't be questioning me if you were. Are you saying then that you just want a conviction and I'm the guy who'll be getting it? I'm flattered."

Noriko
Soon enough the batter's ready and the tea is brewing. Placing the soon-to-be-cakes in one of the pigeon holes, Vendelin turns to you. "I'm sure you can read the manual, let's not waste your time fiddling.「Dschinghis Khan」"

The spirit appears again, and with a flick of its wrist draws an ofuda slip, the paper talisman bearing not writing but rather a pattern of holes punched through its stiffened material.

"сука блять"

It just, fucking slams the talisman right into the appliance, the talisman seemingly phasing straight into it.

"Dschinghis Khan" as Vendelin explains "Lets me control things using those slips of paper. Objects, spells, " he glances ove to Fleur "People. Great for fixing the damn router."

There's a flicker at your side.
"Sorry to intrude but, would you be okay with going off-realm for a few days? You'll be receiving some training at a beach resort. Kouta can come too."
"Given recent events, a more relaxed environment could be helpful. And it keeps Faith and Minato out of town. There's been an incident, might be another assassin after him."

Shef

"My actual body must land final hit before it perishes, barring it killing itself. The magic binding these beasts is kin to its abyssal magics, there are conditions to be met, and if it is not met, the bindings will break, unleashing all of them upon the world at once. Where they will go, we do not know."

As the bolts close in, Hanako quickly retreats leaving her copy slipping up the lubed up stairs, and sure enough said copy gets nailed by a shot soon enough, unravelling into dissipating shadows. Still it's brought y'all a little more time to prepare for when it strafes down. Léone sits, upreadying to heal as your portal sends most of the motes flying the fuck away. What ones do hit smash into the tower and stairs, leaving gaps, dust, and and rubble in your path. Portals appear above the oil, and yeah, having to move in lock-step slows you down, but you're not slipping either, your little trick is working.

Victoria readies her sword. "I can clear the dust, but these gaps are troublesome. I presume that you cannot defend when using portals to cross them?"
"Stay close, hold tight, what wounds they inflict I can heal."
"I-I d-don't think that's the problem now! Look!"

Seeing that its strafing fire wasn't too effect, the bird's instead decided to swoop down real low, rushing round the tower practically sideways, raking its runic metal claws across the stairs. Sparks fly and the lubricant ignites, not in flame but in wind, concussive blasts of air blasting and slicing out in its wake.

"This could an opportunity."
"W-what?"
"It's in range, and can't dodge, this is our best chance to wound it more. if we blast an alcove in the wall, we can wait for it to pass. Léone can you-"
"Not yet but the drones can. Shef?"

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:24:20 am by Empiricist »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: November 21, 2018, 08:28:30 pm »

Faith let out a long sigh. ”This really is what it’s like, huh? Just... Aramitama randomly kidnapping or murdering people, and Aramitama assassin’s around every corner. I guess I just gotta get used to it. I think being a WMD will make dealing with that a little easier, huh...?”
Faith turned the magical girl wand over and over in her hands a few times, pensively, and then Winter and Enn spoke.
”Damn, I guess I’ll miss more school. But that’s kind of a small price to pay for keeping Minato safe.” Faith circled her arms around him, in a hug, holding him tightly.. ”Are you sure that this’ll keep him safe? Previous Aramitama seemed to be pretty good at finding information...”
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 285