Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 210108 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Extreme Stair Climbing
« Reply #2610 on: November 23, 2018, 09:49:56 pm »

"Nice to meet you! Sorry for assuming you were an evil vampire, I've been fighting a looooot of monsters lately, so I get kinda jumpy!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 23, 2018, 09:54:23 pm »

Yuki
"So you say, how do long you've been doing this for?"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 10:23:01 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: November 23, 2018, 10:18:13 pm »

"Uhhh... two weeks or so? I passed out at work, had this really weird out of body experience, then I woke up and fought possessed home appliances. My friend explained some stuff, annnnnd I've been doing the whole superhero thing since then!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 23, 2018, 10:26:11 pm »

Yuki
"So the typical story then, how's the Awakened life been treating you?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 23, 2018, 10:32:05 pm »

"Pretty good actually! We all get pretty gruesomely injured from time to time but apparently, I got frankly kinda bullshit healing powers so nothing ever lasts more than like two minutes. We fought a weird stalin-hitler-superman thingy the other day, that was neat. Ooooh, and we get paid a bunch! I don't have to worry about rent anymore, and that's actually really nice."
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 23, 2018, 10:45:34 pm »

Yuki
"Lovely to hear, I do have to run along now but I hope we can meet again."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 23, 2018, 10:47:21 pm »

"Have a nice day! Sorry for kinda threatening you!" Yuki said cheerfully, waving goodbye.
Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 24, 2018, 03:15:55 am »

Chapter 7 - Aethertide

Some Time Ago
"Okay long story short, a long time ago, the kingdom of Atlantis made a pact with the Dirac Sea, gaining power and prosperity in exchange for giving it a yearly tribute. Now this worked out quite well until around the time of the Atlantean Sovereign Debt Crisis wherein a pretty bad case of fiscal mismanagement lead to them being unable to make a sufficiently large tribute. Turns out if you somehow strike a deal with a hypothetical model of the vacuum that won't even be invented for centuries to come, which by the way I wouldn't recommend, you really don't want to default on your debt. The Dirac Sea repossessed their entire landmass, wiping their civilization off the face of the earth overnight. The Aethertide arose from the void left behind in the world. It's a peculiar place, distance and direction do not exist outside of its islands, navigation is a matter of knowing the destination not the route. Fortunately for you, that won't be something you'll have to worry about."

"Like most other realms, spirit energy is abundant in the Aethertide. It's similar to being in a leyline all the time, so things like magical appliances are ubiquitous there. The denizens are all Awakened, though you as a Godslayer will still be a definite step above most in terms of natural power. Godslayers and Aramitama usually do not arise in these other realms. As an aside, it's not a bad place to find work if you ever decide to retire from this job. You'll be staying in the uh, Guantanamo Bay Resort there. It's a lot nicer than the name suggests, it's just a really bad coincidence. Kouta, since you're technically not Awakened, we'll be providing you with a wristband unit to let you use the technology there, you resort card will also encode that information so you won't end up in a situation where you need to be Awakened to do something."

Now
The bow of the boat cuts through the still see like a knife, its V-shaped wake spreading and dissipating to naught. With no landmarks, no sense of direction, it's hard to tell you're moving at all, nothing but featureless sea and perfectly smooth sailing. You've ventured a fair way to get here, your trip starting with a flight from Sendo International Airport to well, nowhere really, a set of coordinates that no longer exist. From there you had touched down in the former fortress city of Kingshaven, it is to a medieval castle what a cancer is to a mole, a sprawling vivisected fortress with tendrils of marble white battlements tracing across its magnificent coastscape, grand tapestries floating alongside modern energy relay system, trains glide along miniature great walls, all beneath the gaze of the floating multi-segmented office buildings rising up from the commercial district. All manner of beings seemed to prowl its busy streets, most at least somewhat humanoid, though there were a few odder beings amongst them too. You hadn't had much time to gawk though, the schedule was tight and you soon boarded the ship in which you find ourself in now, a well-furnished ferry sleek and angular in construction that seems to slice through the waveless waters with alarming speed.

It is now that you see, it, emerging from the horizon, Guantanamo Bay Resort. Contrary to its name, the resort is effectively a private island owned by the resort company itself, and imprisoned within a grand dome of clear hexagonal plates that stretch out well into the surrounding waters, a life-sized snowglobe, minus the snow. Check in as it turns out, takes place when crossing through into this globe, identification checked and resort access cards being handed around here, and soon enough you find yourself disembarking onto the warm sandy shores of the resort proper. It's basically a small town really, with a sprawling main complex that splits off into collections of various smaller buildings wrapped by a series of footwalks and light rail tracks.

You could head to the concierge now if you need them for anything. The mini-map on your cards meanwhile indicate that you've a bit of ways to go from your bungalows for the unpacking. Oh there's also a few cafes and whatnot if you just wanna faff about right now anyway.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 03:43:34 pm by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Minato looks around the area, his mouth slightly agape in measured awe. Contrary to his usual semi-formal attire, he's in full swing casual attire, shorts, shirt, sunglasses and all, though his Driver is still on him, as usual.
"Oof. I've never actually SEEN Aethertide before.....I've heard about it, in the past, before. But actually being here...."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not dressed quite so casually, though a bit more than usual, Shef sported simple jeans, a t-shirt, and a sort of jacket to keep his arm from attracting too much attention.

"Thought you weren't supposed to be phased by anything, mister veteran. Thought you'd have a summer home or two here at the least."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"If we had one, they never sent me. You forget, the main branch of the Kumon family didn't have much to do with supernaturals after my grandmother."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Faith had gone through a number of emotions and reactions during the journey from Sendo to the Aethertide. First off, during and after the briefing, she had the kind of eye-rolling, exasperated acceptance she had come to often take by this point. Literal Atlantis, consumed by some sort of "hypothetical model of the vacuum that won't even be invented yet for centuries" and turned into a beach paradise? Yeah... sure... whatever... makes as much sense as anything else does these days. Going to a place named fucking Gitmo? Yeah, sure, why not? Then, flying out into nothing and seeing the Kingshaven, her thought process changed into one of simply stunned awe and an inability to fully process her surroundings.

Now that she had arrived in the resort, however, she felt... actually a strange sense of familiarity. Weird hexagonal dome aside, Faith was a frequent beach-goer, being from Miami-Dade County, and this combination of town and then sandy shore... A small smile settled on her face.

"Huh... heh... you know... this kind of reminds me of South Beach."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Didn't forget, just didn't know if it mattered. You've done this a while, and you know people, I thought maybe they might have sent you or told you about it." As Shef stopped talking, he pulled out his phone, and typed something in, attempting to keep it out of view from prying eyes. The fact that no one cared enough to look did not occur to him. He quickly found what he wanted in any case. Miami, huh.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Noriko was actually enjoying the sights, though she hadn't been able to relax before checking that she'd packed everything three different times and calling the AIs to make sure everything at home was locked up for good measure. Weird as the explanation behind this place was, it was impressive, and the fact that the strangeness seemed to be confined to the place's backstory so far made it easier to appreciate what laid before her eyes. Kouta, too, had finally managed to pull himself up from belowdecks just in time to see the dome appear over the horizon, and was currently trailing Noriko with his unique brand of apprehensive excitement. "This is actually really cool. I haven't been to the beach in years."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yuki was, as was her way, the most visibly excited member of the party. She had made sure everything was squared away at home and left her mother with the same guy (under strict orders not to harm her under penalty of slow, violent, and painful death~! She tried to make it very clear). She was, for once, not in a maid outfit, but in a fairly casual and cheap shirt and skirt, with a swimming suit tucked into her bag. "This is sooooo cool! I've been to beaches before but nothing like this! And never to like, a resort. This is going to be so much fun~!" she randomly hugged Faith at this point.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 285