Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 254

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - Winter Is Coming  (Read 80178 times)

Powder Miner

  • Bay Watcher
  • Now with an avatar not years irrelevant!
    • View Profile

"Fggkfkg--" This wasn't the first time Sol or Luna had jumped her in the city, and she had been made aware that this was her training regimen now, but Faith wasn't happy with it. Actually, she was furious about it. Really, really mad. She couldn't even walk around and enjoy the place without getting ambushed with extremely painful force, and it was already really wearing her down. It was basically a scenario from her nightmares, and even if that was the point and she was here to train in the first place, still!

"<God DAMN it!>" They were both huge pains to fight, too. Horrible mini death sun ambush out of nowhere... yeah, that wasn't a fun time, and Sol had quite the myriad of ways of just ruining her day with the thing. For now, she really couldn't afford to engage Sol decisively -- maybe she could, however, afford to play a bit of keepaway using her Doki Doki Radiation. It seemed to be much less lethal against them, but she was thankful for that; instead of just flat-out being murder, it was something she could actually use.

For now, Faith just backpedaled rapidly, raising a shield of energy around her -- swirling with no fewer than three colors. Yellow and purple danced within the shield, as she wasn't presently beaten into a state of despair but sure as hell wasn't totally happy either, with shimmers and ripples of pink moving through the shield as well; she was using her Regalia, colorful magical girl gear on full display, and allowing Doki Doki radiation to sit within the shield as well.

Faith uses Shield of Courage/Apathy, and retreats from Sol!
World Line: 5 4 4 1 1 3 6 1 6 5
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 04:34:28 am by Powder Miner »
Logged

Glory to Forenia!

Kolubaria in aeternum!

ragnarok97071

  • Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Sakurako was annoyed. See, she had just been starting to head toward Faith. I mean, it couldn't hurt to talk, right? And then some jerk attacked her. Probably part of the festival, meaning she couldn't interfere probably, but some small part of her wanted to anyway. But she wouldn't, instead keeping an eye on the crowd around to try to see if there was anyone suspicious since she'd been warned someone might want to cause trouble.
Logged
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noriko and Yuki
"<To be fair, I don't think they're going to be monsters or trying to rip you apart.>" She pauses, resting her hand over her mouth for a moment as if in thought. When she speaks again her expression brightens, well sort of anyway, it's a bit mixed with uncertainty. "<Though... if you're here for training anyway, why not use this as a chance to train? Wouldn't it just be like sparring. Plus... you'll be able to take your anger out. C'mon, you're from the old world right? Haven't you ever wanted to smash something? Like a wall or a building? I'm sure no one will mind if you do that here...>"

Faith
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

You backpedal, staying the hell out of range. You know why things are the way things are. You know you need to stay on your toes if you want to protect yourself, protect Minato. You know you need to grow. But, it doesn't make the steps any less painful, the failures any less frustrating.

Children play in the streets. Couples visit the stalls arm in arm. Tourists flock beneath monuments. If you could, if you had the choice, would you be in their place instead? Would you be taking in the sights rather than taking another fucking celestial body to the face? No.

No. But it doesn't stop your wishing, and it is from those wishes you forge your new shield, a shield of distraction and indifference, of apathy and inaction. It won't stop Sol. Hell it won't even protect you against him. But you don't need it to, you just need to burst it, manually if need be. Give him a bit of pause, a little dash of hesitation. That should be enough, enough to delay his retaliation, enough for you to blast him away without taking the hit.

He's still chasing you, not really making any moves though. Slow down just a bit and you could do it. Dodge the initial sun and pop it right in face. Leap out of there before he can counter. That, that should be enough to hand you the win.

In theory at least.

Care to test it?

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Logged

IamanElfCollaborator

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident God of Shipping (and Posting)
    • View Profile
    • The Final Fantasy Mod. Welcome to the world of Bahamut!

Nice try. Minato figured he'd try something like that; not, exactly, the giant hand, but some sort of trap to force him to stay still.

Well, if he wanted to get grabby with Minato, Minato figured it'd be a perfect opportunity to be grabby with him.
Alter 2 to 4, load Gleipnir into Gandiva and shoot at the Bodhisattva's body, and then use the chains to pull Minato towards the Bodhisattva, forcing him to either trap himself with Minato or pull Minato to safety.
[2 4 1 6 2 2 [5] 2 4 5 6]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:32:42 am by IamanElfCollaborator »
Logged

Empiricist

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Minato
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Now Playing: Emperor's New Clothes]

What emerges from Gandiva is not an arrow but a chain of fire tipped with the point of a blade. The Bodhisattva takes the blow to their left arm, the limb armored and metallic as if to match the hand that rose to seize you. The flames constrict around their arm as they grip the chain and hurl it backwards pulling you right out of the path of their own trap and straight towards them. They're not planning on running though. They're not planning on beam you either. No, they're gonna meet you head-on. Angular plating crystallizes out of their body giving them a distinctively more armored appearance as they use their left arm as a counterweight to drive their right fist forwards sending it on a collision course with your face.

Spoiler: World Lines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Logged

Strider03

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At around this point, Shef set out following a lead from one of the gossip news sites. He didn't trust it exactly, but it made enough sense given the girls previous location.

Once he was fairly certain where he'd be heading, he sent a quick text out to Sakurako, mentioning the location.
Logged
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant.
But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

Empiricist

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noriko and Yuki
The train ride was mostly uneventful. It's smoother yes, quieter too, scenery wasn't too hard on the eyes either, but no matter how much you magic it it's just a train ride. The only real curveball took the form of a few people who wanted to take photos.

Guild's not too far from the platform, the building looking shockingly mundane all things considered, a fairly corporate looking building with wide open gates jammed between an assortment of shops and restaurants. The only particularly odd feature being the quest pylons outside. Adventurers wander in, out, and generally around the building.

The interior is cozy, warm, somewhere between lounge and hotel lobby with some jaunty tune playing overhead. Adventurers browse quests from the pylons and turn them in at th desks. There's also a group of weirdos hanging by the door looking like a buncha Pokemon villain rejects.

The moment you enter the door they're upon you, two dozen firearms leveled at your face.
"<The boss sends his regards.>"

Shef
You arrived a little while after the pair. Coupla social media posts gave away their position when they disembarked. A coupla more gave away half their damn movesets, these all by an account speaking in that classically lcsonoc Twitter-y "as it happens" kind of manner. An account only created a few hours prior, the only posts to its name their running commentary of the fight you left.

So, they know Yuki has those arrows, that teleport, and that awfully threatening mix of shielding, regeneration and raw unbridled force. They know Noriko has scarily accurate homing spears, the power of flight, a spell-eating flame, and something about going all Old Country For Old Men on a motherfucker. Who they are, you find also intermixed amongst gossip articles with such wonderful titles like Is Patricija's Girlfriend A Brocon? Apparently, the people who attacked them were students of the military academy here. By the sounds of it, there's practicals going on, and the test is to try and beat both the girls. Well, you know their foes at least, even if you're still not 100% on your own.

You're outside the guild right now. The trio are working within. Baghead and co are watching from afar outside the building. Red is there too, doing her damnedest to appear distracted by all the cops and medics inside the building. You won't be recognized should you enter, Sakurako will however.

Noriko and Yuki
With an awful lot of poking and prodding, the officer finally gets the henchman off the chandelier. Their belt had been caught when they got launched up there, and with the beating they just took, they weren't really feeling up for resisting arrest. The rest of the mob's scattered and strewn across broken furniture, nursing some broken bones and wounded pride. No blood though. Yuki had been so kind as to use the reverse edge of her chainsaw. Noriko, simply had no need to stab them after the first wind blast. They went down like complete bitches. Turns out standing right in front of the people with the windblasts and black murder tide is a terrible fucking idea. Who'd have thought?

With that mess sorted and Noriko well salted, the trio approach the dark spectacled receptionist.
"<Ah greetings Miss...>"
He glances down, checking his terminal
"<Master of the Holy Flame, and... Miss Harbinger of the Divine Wind.>"
He leans forward ever so slightly.
"<Do you have the package?>"
Logged

Strider03

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, she is?" Shef mumbled as he perused the intel he'd gathered on his phone. When he arrived at the building, having regrouped with Sakurako a few blocks away, his first priority was to find three or so buildings with a reasonable vantage point on the entrance to the guild. Preferably places where the bag headed man and associates were not located. He wasn't going to post up in one of them, but it would be best to know where they were. Next, were there any clear lines of fire towards the woman in red, from outside the building? Perhaps large open front doors, open windows, or the like?

"So Sakurako, tell me what you're looking for right now, and what you're seeing."

Logged
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant.
But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

Twinwolf

  • Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

"Aww, the last guys were waaaay more fun. Though, why are these ones being arrested when the last ones weren't?" Yuki said, as the last of the guys got cleaned up. Whatever. When the other guy, this one not attacking them, came, Yuki didn't really miss a beat. "<...Package?>"
Logged
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shef
There's a few clohhing stores and restaurants in a good position that watch the front of the quest hub. Windows aren't open and front door opens and closes, not to mention it's where the most foot traffic is. Best bet would be to fire either through a portal or from elsewhere within the building.

Noriko and Yuki
The receptionist shifts a little closer, their voice dropping low "<The bioweapon.>"
Logged

Chevaleresse

  • Bay Watcher
  • I'm in too many RPs.
    • View Profile

Noriko hears the translation, facepalms, and groans wordlessly, quietly lamenting her fate.
Logged
As it turns out, outpost liasons blend.
I guess there are more bronies than psychotic suicidal alcoholics. Who knew.

Empiricist

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noriko and Yuki
"<That bad? Do you know have any idea where it might be now?>"
You really don't like the sound of that '<now>'.
Logged

IamanElfCollaborator

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident God of Shipping (and Posting)
    • View Profile
    • The Final Fantasy Mod. Welcome to the world of Bahamut!

Alter to 2, smash Rho Aias into his fist directly to deliberately break the shield, hopefully with the force throwing the Bodhisattva off so Minato can get an opening.
[1 [2] 6 2 2 5 4 5 6 1 4]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 03:45:29 am by IamanElfCollaborator »
Logged

ragnarok97071

  • Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Sakurako had been a little disappointed that she had to leave the fight, but she had promised to help, she guesses. After regrouping with Shef, she'd look distinctly uncomfortable.

"I mean... Suspicious people, I guess? you haven't exactly told me what they look like or anything, or how you think they'll be acting. I don't have a lot to go on, especially since everyone here looks like they're straight out of a cosplay convention."

She pauses, thinking.

"Hey, you do portals and stuff, right? Could you set up a few of those around so that you can watch from a bunch of places at once? I mean, if they let objects through why not light, right? and if you do them small enough people might not notice them... but I dunno how your stuff actually works, just, you know, asking."
Logged
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Strider03

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I didn't tell you who the adversaries were?" Shef asked with annoyance.

"Two parties. My adversary, and one of theirs. Baghead and the two accompanying, after Noriko and Yuki. Woman in the red dress, my adversary, essentially running interference. And yes, I can look through portals. Much better for walls and doors and stuff than surveillance from afar."

"Main restriction on myself is not letting Noriko and Yuki know I'm here, and not engaging their enemies directly."
Logged
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant.
But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 254