Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 208111 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Tengoku no Owari SI IC - The Beach Episode THAT NEVER FUCKING ENDS
« Reply #3915 on: February 14, 2020, 05:49:58 am »

"Well, Yuki's taken to it like a duck to water. Noriko....well....aaaand, uh...Faith? Well, I'll ask her when she gets out of training."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: February 15, 2020, 07:28:09 am »

Noriko
So firstly, while applying the swimsuit was embarrassing removing it proves to be downright mortifying. Probably because this time around you're going from dressed (however questionably) to being full-on butt-naked. And yes, the removal process also involves a spray, it's too much of a pain getting it off of you otherwise, but surprisingly that knowledge doesn't make the whole "getting your swimsuit dissolved by a spray" experience any better.

With that out of the way (thank god), and Patricija's attire similarly reverted (unfortunately) you group up with Kouta (who isn't blood-related) and Ren and head on over to the quest hub.

The hub itself is this cavernous chamber with black polished floors and decorative magic circles. Quest pylons ride from the ground around a large central statue. The pylons let you sign up quests, completed one's are turned in either at the desk (manned by a human skeleton) or at a designated location. Most of the adventurers AR browsing or off to the side at the cozier looking lounges eating and chatting.

Browsing through the available quests, you identify three that don't sound too risky or menial.

Spoiler: History, The Muse (click to show/hide)

Minato
Satoshi raises an eyebrow
"You mean you don't know?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: February 15, 2020, 07:30:07 am »

Minato suddenly sighs, rubbing his temples. The sudden feeling of dread and guilt ran down his back and he didn't know why yet, but he had a good feeling.

He'd been feeling that a lot lately.
"It shouldn't surprise me that I don't at this point."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: February 15, 2020, 07:31:21 am »

Minato
You can hear the concern creeping back into her voice.
"But you have an idea right...?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: February 15, 2020, 07:32:13 am »

"In a way, I think I do, but I'm ready to be wrong."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: February 15, 2020, 07:36:10 am »

Minato
She pauses looking a little conflicted, in time she does speak though with a slower pace than thus far and a fair bit less certain.
"Please don't take this the wrong way but, she is your girlfriend right? I didn't want to assume but..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: February 15, 2020, 07:37:35 am »

"Yeah. She is."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: February 15, 2020, 07:43:33 am »

Minato
"O-kay. But you haven't asked her about this yet?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: February 15, 2020, 07:44:12 am »

"I haven't had the opportunity, in between all the sparring and training. I was hoping to have a talk with her about it, but...well..."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: February 15, 2020, 07:51:03 am »

Well, the plan wasn't completely scuppered, but she'd made a miscalculation regarding just how her Doki Doki Radiation worked, and thusly there was one fact that she was going to have to face: this was going to take time, and it was probably going to take a lot of it. But from the options that she could figure out (go around and manually compromise more of them, try to hunt down and mess up the source, or (she could feel that they were connected) infect the whole thing from here. And given the fact that her dress and staff evidently had a shocking number of mechanisms just devoted to putting out radiation... there was no need to waste time flying around, was there?

Eagle 4 Sailor Sun: <<"Keep me up. There's going to be a single pulse of radiation going from each of these flowers into the interceptors, and that'll help, but it's not quite enough. I'm going to absolutely Chernobyl these things.">> It was solid, determined confidence with which she spoke.

She willed the various radiation-enhancing parts on her suit to come back out, but otherwise she didn't move a god damned inch. All that Faith did was produce and manipulate radiation energy -- she produced as massive of a stream of Doki Doki Radiation as she could, and she pumped it all into the magical cloud transmitting it right into the Ice Weed. From there, she willed the radiation to spread down through the roots to the rest of the network of Ice Weeds. It was a slow, laborious, but powerful tactic she was going for, trusting in the others to have her back.

Faith pumps as much radiation as she POSSIBLY can into the Cloud of Sunlight around the compromised Ice Weed and into it, sacrificing speed and focus on anything else for this, and pushes it into the other Ice Weeds through the networking of the Ice Weeds.

World Line: 1 1 4 6 4 2 4 1 3 1

Eagle 2 ♡Nemesis♡ <<"I, the Sinister Magical Girl of Space, would be remiss if I let simple minions like this overshadow me, hmm-hmm? Witness my powerrrr!">>

Distance could definitely manage defending Faith -- honestly, in a way it was nice to stretch her metaphorical wings some. She hadn't had an all-out fight like this in a while! Distance flew up to the spotted marked by the succubus, and she proceeded to do two things with any interceptors approaching Faith. First off, she planned to straight-up murder the first interceptor that came their way with an Einstein's Shears -- and, in fact, since it operated on a line, she was going to try to murder a few in a line if she could. Secondly, she was going to befuddle and delay them, curving space so they kept turning around on each other while the first wave of radiation did its work.

Distance drops an Einstein's Shears on the first interceptor at Cynthia's marked interception spot, and then the others she tries to get to end up turning around more or less in place with space-bending.
World Line: 6 5 4 4 6 1 3 4 6 2
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 03:16:18 pm by Powder Miner »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3925 on: February 15, 2020, 07:55:05 am »

Noriko peered at the quest board. These were. . . interesting. "It's almost nice to see the chaos happening to someone else," she commented idly, almost unconsciously as she scanned the third description in the list. "What about this one?" She gestured at the job in question, glancing back at Patricija. "I think I already have a couple ideas on how to deal with it already."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: February 15, 2020, 08:47:02 am »

Minato
"That can't be right can it? You're a couple right? Did this" she gestures broadly around her "not come up in conversation before?"
You're not sure whether the fact that the girl in front of you is actually Theodore Roosevelt makes this better or worse.

Noriko
"Sounds like fun! I hear the Itovian Peninsula is very beautiful this time of the year."
"...I didn't think a wedding could go that wrong."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: February 15, 2020, 08:47:49 am »

"No, not yet....why?"
Minato begins to suspect that he wasn't quite right about what he was getting nervous about.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: February 15, 2020, 06:03:51 pm »

Minato
"I sort of figured that would turn up in conversation. This lifestyle, the fighting, th risk of death. Not everyone takes to war well and weren't you guys getting hounded by an Aramitama? That's a pretty rough introduction to this world."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: February 15, 2020, 06:05:30 pm »

"Oh. Uh. That. Yeah, no, that's turned up. A lot."
And Minato goes back to being somewhat less worried. Good, it WAS a known thing he'd messed up, as opposed to an entirely NEW problem.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 285