Advanced search  

Poll

Where are you guys actually going?

Ryine
Viterine
Some other place
I'm not involved and I want to see the votes

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra OoC Thread: Ded  (Read 66412 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
FEF: Liberation of Izzarra OoC Thread: Ded
« on: March 06, 2017, 10:57:41 pm »

In the beginning, the Goddess Rhea crafted the sea. It was beautiful, but she grew bored of the flat blue surface. And so she raised up the land from beneath the still waters, and it was wonderful. But soon, she tired of it as well. Rhea made the plants and, soon after, the animals. This occupied her fancy for a time. Then, at the dawn of the First Age, Rhea made man.

For hundreds of years Rhea shepherded man. But as the humans flourished, they began to fight amongst themselves. The goddess worked tirelessly to quell the squabbles of man, but the fire held in men's hearts is not so easily quenched.

The First Age ended when Vissar the Damned, armed with the first sword, Protafyng, slew a man whose name has since been lost to time. Rhea was shocked beyond words that one of her children would slay another. As battle erupted around her, the goddess knelt upon the ground, clutching herself tightly. She never rose, and eventually turned to stone.

At the dawn of the Fourth Age, the king of Izzarra is dead and gone, and soldiers of Mordo rule the country with an iron grip. In an age when the Goddess is gone and our King lies dead, can we still hope for salvation?

IC Thread

Welcome to BMM42 FEF number 3, Liberation of Izzarra. In opposition to my last game, this one is going to be much more traditional in terms of both setting and mechanics.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Timeline of the world.
Nation information.
Rules.
Rule Changes.
Spoiler: Terrain Guide (click to show/hide)
Example Sheet.

Who are the players? Freedom fighters, sated by morality, coin, or some combination, fighting against an occupying army however they can. I'm going to start with ten slots. I want to be very clear though that when it comes time to select players, I am going to have a definite bias to people that I know to have a good record of posting frequently, or have someone who can vouch for them that they post frequently. Characters who are interesting and fleshed out will also get you an advantage, and a cool mug is also a helpful bonus.

Character List:
1. Bertholt (ElfCollaborator): Troubadour
2. Brock (Stirk): Bandit
3. Esther (Twinwolf): Shaman
4. Farra (Aliemma): Archer
5. Kaldach (CrimsonEon): Mercenary
6. Liam (Gaterhyme): Cavalier
7. Martyn (Lucus Casius): Thief
8. Roux (GiglameshDespair): Cavalier
9. Sam (Sirus): Bard
10. Sharne (Swordstar): Myrmidon

Left the Party
Pilei (I_Like_Pi): Wyvern Rider

Party Gold: 1413

Graveyard:

Spoiler: Art Spoiler! (click to show/hide)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra OoC Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 10:59:26 pm »

I'll be making my final selection on Saturday evening. In the meantime, I'll be answering any questions you have about the lore or making a character.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 11:02:16 pm »

Going lady soldier, mug and sheet will come later

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:08:03 pm »

I might make a character for this. No clue what though. Maybe a healer if nobody wants to play one.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:18:42 pm »

ptw
Black lives matter.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 11:36:23 pm »

You know, I may hop in for this one. Planning a Mage girl. Probably Thunder for the tomes.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 11:53:11 pm »

Female archer, using my ol' SwordstarTM mug in avatar :3 Probably archer/spy, based on lore and reasons for being present. [...maybe a spy to be fast]
Hello explorer freedom fighter! not just using the stats to get the best exp of hitting people but not killing them

You may not base your personal skills on your own Equipment: I.E. When equipped with Slashing subcategory weapons... Is not viable. However, you may base your personal skill based on enemy equipment if you wish.
Can I say 'if melee' and I'm a ranged unit? :P

Proximity based skills must be triggered by at least three units within three spaces, rather than one unit.
I'll hug all my allies .///.
Personal Skills with higher parameters are available with GM approval, but must be paired with a more problematic Personal Fault.
Do you accept additions like 'does Canto' and such?
How 'high' is 'high parameters'? Can these parameters mean an increase to starting %? :3 [like, it's a skill, but not an activated one and moreso is for backstory purposes]

At character creation, if a player chooses to put two points into HP, they will receive three instead.
This is from the 4 starting stat points right?

Fire Magic is not effective vs. Undead.
Sooo, what is effective vs. Undead now ._.

I'll be making my final selection on Saturday evening. In the meantime, I'll be answering any questions you have about the lore or making a character.
Does Roleplaying and diplomacy affect rewards and plot too? Like, added maps or battles or opportunities? :D Does our backgrounds do something like 'added knowledge when we meet things'.
Quote from: Like for example
{Player's character's name}'s knowledge of {this area} has them notice a few places of importance. The region has {some backstory on worldbuilding on resources} and its people {may be specializing in this area of weaponry} and while they may have a reputation for disliking outsiders, it is moreso their severe distaste for [reasons].
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 12:12:34 am by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 12:36:15 am »

PTW, you crazy diamond :v

* Haspen pats BMM42
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 12:44:37 am »

Here is mug, sheet will come later. Tomorrow maybe.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 12:47:39 am »

Well.  I.  Might join.  Perhaps grabbing one of my old characters, since it IS a freedom fighting thing.  With a different class, mind you.  Thinking mercenary.

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 12:56:29 am »

This looks pretty cool and I've always wanted to join one of these before. I'm completely new to the rule system, however, so please feel free to scrutinize my character sheet when its done! Also I don't have one of these neat mug things, but I may edit one together (no promises in that department though).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 01:08:28 am »

This looks pretty cool and I've always wanted to join one of these before. I'm completely new to the rule system, however, so please feel free to scrutinize my character sheet when its done! Also I don't have one of these neat mug things, but I may edit one together (no promises in that department though).
New people! (~'u')~
You can always ask about the mug making though! Like, people can make a template for you and you can spruce it up if you've the digital programming for it [I'd suggest GIMP for starters--free download out there!] People like SeriousConcentrate/Swordstar and many more can help you out with mugs :)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 01:38:07 am »

: "We'll be free again someday. I can feel it!"

Spoiler: Robin of Port Talia (click to show/hide)

First sheet, gooooo!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:36:44 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 02:01:40 am »

Character is finally done. Even if I don't get accepted, this was a fun way to learn how to make characters.

: "No matter which path we walk, I will use my blade to protect you."

Spoiler: Mirix of Qun (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:15:21 pm by Lorknis »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 02:09:12 am »

Ah, shoot.  Guess I'll find something else to be.

Also, you need to include growths.

Edit:  Also, you start as a trainee class.

Edit 2:  Trainees don't get their class skills, your weapon skills are wrong, and to my knowledge you can't boost move with your starting attribute points.

NEW edit:  Okay, since merc and soldier are both taken...  I'm probably going to go Thief Trainee -> Spy -> Assassin, Sword -> Myrm -> Samurai, or... POSSIBLY the wyvern rider route.  If any of you have any particular opinions on the matter so far as Martyn is concerned (those of you who remember him, anyway) and have any particular roles you think A) would fit his character, and B) isn't already taken in the party and could be useful, go ahead and tell me.  I try to be flexible-ish on this stuff.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:38:26 am by Lucus Casius »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58