Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Desigining an ancient Skyship  (Read 1809 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Desigining an ancient Skyship
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 03:58:40 pm »

The Third in command is a Rather oversized Troll masquerading as a Dwarf.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 04:12:13 pm »

The gnomes see themselves as the true people of the ship, as they've lived here for generations. Gnomes only live for about 10 years. Over time different types of gnomes have diversified, mostly duetothe great distance between gnomish settlements.

Engine gnomes: These gnomes are greyish with whispy hair. They have a reputation for being extremely grumpy. They are resistant to heat as they live close to the engine, the boilers, and other hot machinery in the bowels of the ship.

Vent gnomads: These gnomes are travelling (g)nomads who wander the vents. They mostly live off of mushrooms that grow wildly in the vents as well as the various small animals that roam there. They ride rats and are masters of the spear. They are paler than most gnomes and have brownish hair. They guide other gnomes through the complex vent systems.

High gnomes: These gnomes are yellowish in color, and they tend to the high gardens in the upper levels of the ship. They are peaceful and don't leave their garden very often, they aren't seen often by the crew.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:55:28 pm by Roboson »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 08:48:19 pm »

One crew member is an elf who desires to kill the gnomes.
Brutally.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 09:58:57 pm »

The aquarium is nexus of power that would make gods tremble in awe.

More specifically:
Some millennia back, a wizard built a perfect magic insulator, in the form of a clear box with a lid and installed enchantments to slowly accumulate external magic and manifest it internally in a pure liquid form. This was to be a grand source of power at some point in the future, but, as is so often the case, the wizard's plans to avoid death didn't succeed and the experiment was forgotten. many, many, manymanymanymanymany, many years later, it was rediscovered, as a clean box mostly filled with liquid that seemed to be water. Someone had the bright idea of filling it the rest of the way with water and putting some fish into it. Things were a bit chaotic at the time and with the fish living in the water and drawing on the magic to meet their needs, no maintenance was required, and nobody thought to do any when the need was not apparent. Over the ages those fish shed their physical bodies and the water was corrupted into nonexistence and replaced with liquid magic. Deciding that the whole deity thing seemed a bit dull, the fish have been lazing around watching the chaos on or around the ship while maintaining the illusion of a simple fish-tank by teleporting any overflowing magic and causing anyone who might discover them to forget what they were doing. While they possess the aptitude and intellect to control the magic, and there is enough concentrated magic there to erase a continent, they have come to an understanding that interfering in things tends to make them boring. About the only evidence of their true nature is a tendency of people who think poorly of the goldfish's memory to succumb to memory problems of their own...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 02:12:35 am »

The enormous skyship is larger than most cities, and has chunks of landmass adorning its exterior. Its entire berth is large enough to block out the sun and summon an artificial night on objects directly below its flight trajectory. It resembles more of a floating island than a ship, with equally enormous sails and a town sitting above its mass. The town, however, due to the nature of gnomes, has largely been gutted and replaced with a militaristic and functional base of operations with which a vast majority of gnomes operate and haphazardly maintain the ancient skyship.

Externally, the ship may look imposing and absolutely well-sorted, but on areas where nobody could easily see the ship's hidden compartments, the ship is absolutely twisted and corrupted with various pipes leading elsewhere that the gnomes don't even have an idea where exactly they lead. The very maze of pipes could make the fantasy equivalent of OSHA blush in embarassment.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 03:39:00 am »

Adult gnomes are, on average, about twelve centimetres tall.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2017, 05:41:09 am »

Vast herds of sheep roam over the bottom of the ship, eating the trailing weeds that grow there. Nobody remembers why gravity operates in the opposite direction for the sheep, but that doesn't stop them cooking floating muttonburgers for parties.
One wheel short of a wagon

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2017, 11:35:14 am »

Sometimes, a gnome hunting party goes to collect the upside down sheep for mutton stews.

Some of these stews are left out for the crew.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2017, 11:48:35 am »

There is a massive tree growing on the starboard stern. It is the size of a 10 story building. It appears to be oak.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2017, 01:10:54 pm »

One crew member is an elf who desires to kill the gnomes.
Brutally.
He has taken to poisoning stews and leaving them for the gnomes. some of the crew have eaten them and blame the gnomes.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2017, 12:21:19 pm »

(Bump)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2017, 12:44:31 pm »

The skyship, when seen from directly below, has the shape of a circle two miles wide. At this time, this is indeed larger than most cities.
One wheel short of a wagon

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 05:20:26 am »

The top deck of the sky ship is made from a strange black stone that is impossibly hard, only once breaking after a cannon expolded. Two hours later, the deck healed itself.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 10:51:37 am »

A colony of Dire Bees has set up their hive on the port side underbelly of the ship. The crew cannot sleep nearby due to the constant droning.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 10:57:27 am »

A few gnomes go out to collect honey from these Dire Bees. The crew believe these gnomes to be mad.
Pages: 1 [2]