Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tangledeep: 16-bit SNES-inspired dungeon crawler / roguelike (new build 3/17)  (Read 6751 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking that ZeroGravitas just didn't read the posts between the first and yours,

there were no posts between the first and nenjin's. nenjin just immediately jumped in and told the OP he shouldn't be pitching a game and asking for backers... which the OP wasn't doing.

moony then started being even more of a jerk, but that was handled and moony apologized. but apparently nenjin can't admit his own inability to read before throwing accusations, and won't apologize. whatever.

In other news: first post needs tidying up.

yeah, i was curious if the game is still available free or if its now just sold on steam.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

but apparently nenjin can't admit his own inability to read before throwing accusations, and won't apologize. whatever.
What part are you referencing here? What do you think nenjin didn't read?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Dunno if it's still intentionally available for free, but there's a 4/2017 build still on zircon's site. The latest build link in the OP 404s, but if you cut off the file and leave just game/, you can find some stuff lingering.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Game is fantastic quality and well worth excitement now and to come---odds are high this will be one of the most polished Roguelike releases overall that 2018 will see.  Ample post-release support is also in the works to continue moving things forward in the spirit of all the greats before it that it now strides alongside.   8)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Just noticed for the first time that zircon, who makes awesome ocremix music, was posting here.  Its a shame he didn't get a very warm welcome, but I'm also kinda late to the party.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dredging this one out of the depths of the grave courtesy of the (at time of posting) 1$ Humble Bundle bundle...

It's good; it shouldn't be in the 1$ tier, but higher up.

Outside of character skills, the core plays more or less like a standard roguelike, with some QoL built in like free town portals, fast travel to dungeon shops, and optionally turning off perma-death. Character skills are one of the more defining elements: You can freely multiclass, learning active and passive skills along the way, and switch to a different class for a token amount, losing only specific-class bonuses. My first win was with a quad-class, with two of my classes offering up three skills between them. Unfortunately, you can only take four different class-based passives at once,

There's a pet raising/breeding mechanic, and don't ignore it; if you put in the effort, they can vastly outpower a normal endgame character. (Don't ignore the starter pet-- that guy has an awesome skill that you probably want to ensure gets bred into all offspring.)

You can dive into equipment (Disgaea...?) to strengthen it, either giving it a specific mod, or a random one.

And the music's good!

Edit: Holy, I should not post anything that resembles a review when dosed with cold meds. That was awful.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 11:08:30 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Oh. Huh. Yeah, I'll be getting that, probably tomorrow afternoon. The free/beta thing was fun enough, and at that price range it's a steal. Shame there's nothing else in the bundle I'm interested in, though...
Ask not!
Ask!

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. Huh. Yeah, I'll be getting that, probably tomorrow afternoon. The free/beta thing was fun enough, and at that price range it's a steal. Shame there's nothing else in the bundle I'm interested in, though...

Tooth and Tail's not bad and it made a modest attempt at playing with the RTS formula; I found the dialogue in the single player campaign to be somewhat chilling when you read between the lines. Some of the missions are super frustrating though.

And how could you not want Dream Daddy?  :o I bought at the base tier.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I'm just not terribly fond of dating sim/visual novel stuff on the whole, really. Even the good stuff irks me. Something about having to go through the dialogue boxes et al like you do just irritates me more than a game is worth to me, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 2 [3]