Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vargr [Quest/SG]  (Read 2217 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Vargr [Quest/SG]
« on: March 11, 2017, 04:37:09 am »

Though you were born on a Summer's day, the world was still a cold and dark place for a newborn wolf cub. Sightless and scared, the warmth of your mother's underbelly was your solace. You and your litter mates were protected from the dangers of the wild by the den and the wolf pack.

Even so, the world was a dangerous place for a wolf, and many live short, violent lives. Your mother knew that you, in particular, would have to be particularly cared for. Not only were you the runt of the litter, instead of the tawny coat like the other wolves, you possess...

[ ] Ghost-white [ ] fur, [ ] like [ ] the [ ] snow [ ]
[ ] Black [ ] fur, [ ] dark [ ] as [ ] midnight [ ]
[ ] Other [ ] (Write-in) [ ]

There were also runes about your body, small, and illegible at your size now, even if your mother could read. Being a wolf, she could not, but she knew it was the runes that the gods and men used to bend the world to their will. The pack's ancestral memory was not long, and they did not know what to do of it. It may either bring you allies, or enemies.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:47:39 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Vargr [Quest/SG]
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 04:45:40 am »

[X] Dark blue fur, like the night on the full moon
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 07:16:58 am »

+1, but a little more like the color of a twilight sky.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:40:15 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 09:33:26 am »

+1, but a little more like twilight.
Now you'll definitely attract vampires as enemies
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 10:40:00 am »

Now you'll definitely attract vampires as enemies
And make a young adult choose between us.

Clarified.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 01:41:58 pm »

Grey, as if you were born with the wisdom of the elders.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 01:54:33 pm »

And the genetic makings of a Warg.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 10:33:08 pm »

+1

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 10:49:13 pm »

Grey, as if you were born with the wisdom of the elders.
+1

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 11:55:43 pm »

words [ ]
wordssss [ ]
wordsss [ ]
you're killing me

if you want to use Authentic Quest Formatting (which also has the advantage of actually aligning properly), try this:

[ ] words
[ ] wordsssss
[ ] wordss

this has been the Voice of Pickiness, stabbing at your will to write

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 06:47:06 am »

words [ ]
wordssss [ ]
wordsss [ ]
you're killing me

if you want to use Authentic Quest Formatting (which also has the advantage of actually aligning properly), try this:

[ ] words
[ ] wordsssss
[ ] wordss

this has been the Voice of Pickiness, stabbing at your will to write
Fixed :P

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 08:25:44 am »

+1
+1 but with a bright white "moon" on our side

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 08:28:05 am »

+1
+1 but with a bright white "moon" on our side
How about on the center of out chest?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 11:20:27 am »

Unlike the tawny brown of your siblings, your body was sky blue, fading to black on your limbs, snout, and ears. The tiny runes were grey tattoos, blurred by your downy blue fluff. The writings would change as you change, they would describe you and your domain of dominion. But for now, they were meaningless and vague.

The main cause of a wolf's death was starvation, and conflict over food. Your mother was old, bearing her fourth litter. Her pups were plentiful. Her milk, however, was not. Being the smallest, the first week of your life found you struggling in darkness against the bodies of your siblings to find sustenance, only to be knocked away after drinking few drops. Your mother watched coldly. You were unlike the others, and mutants often did not survive. She would not prioritize you over her more healthy children.

And then, there was light. As your eyes opened for the first time, it was as if surfacing after a dive that took your entire life. Your mind, dulled in the darkness, would soon be sharpened to an edge as you observed events around you. None of your siblings have opened their eyes yet, nor could they stand up. But even though you were still a small, wretched little thing, you could shakily stand up, and walk around.

Pick one:

[ ] Leveraging your rapid growth, you discovered a trick to get more milk. If you walk enough distance from your mother, she would rise to fetch you, dislodging your siblings and giving you initiative over your blind, surprised littermates to get milk. They would suffer for this, but nature was anything but kind.

[ ] With the fact that your eyes opened so early, and your legs grew strong so quickly despite the rough week you've had, you would conclude that you needed less food to survive. You took care to only feed as necessary, and nudging your more hungry siblings to find space to feed.

[ ] With the fact that your eyes opened so early, and your legs grew strong so quickly despite the rough week you've had, you would conclude that you needed less food to survive. Survival was easier for you, and you took the time to develop your mind.

[ ] Write-in

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 07:45:35 pm »

[X] Leveraging your rapid growth, you discovered a trick to get more milk. If you walk enough distance from your mother, she would rise to fetch you, dislodging your siblings and giving you initiative over your blind, surprised littermates to get milk. They would suffer for this, but nature was anything but kind.

Revengeee
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: [1] 2