Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 99068 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1950 on: October 18, 2018, 03:23:57 pm »

As the day wore on, clouds began to stream across the sky, eventually solidifying in a thick layer of dark grey. The group's path took them between a pair of steep hills, and as the path twisted around the reverse side of one, the group quickly came into view of a traveling group outfitted in dirty red rags and sloppily affixed armor plates. They numbered roughly twenty, and gave the group a wide enough berth. At least at first.

The leader of the group, a man with unwashed hair and a nasty looking scar under his left eye, spat on the road and called out to Roux.

"Oi, girl. What's yer name? You remind me a' someone." The man's lackeyes dutifully stopped behind him, some of the younger and more eager moving hands to weapons, clearly anticipating a fight.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: October 19, 2018, 09:56:21 am »

Roux looked him up and down. Just as ugly as she'd remembered.
"Yer gettin' old, Latch. Don't yer remember Roux?"
She spat dismissively. A delicate balance; couldn't be a pushover. Couldn't be too insulting, or they'd have to fight.
"I'm 'ere for the clanmeet. Brought me own crew."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: October 19, 2018, 08:03:30 pm »

Latch sneered. "Remembered you just fine, just figured you might have grown up since though." His lackeys chuckled dutifully as they relaxed, moving their hands from their weapons. "Yer crew don't look to be much. A bunch of dandies to my eye." Latch's gaze lingered on Kaldach and Brock for a moment as he surveyed the group, then looked back at Roux. "...Well, most of em. You're in luck. There's a clanmeet a few days from now."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: October 22, 2018, 01:59:14 pm »

"Yeah, well. Tougher than they look.
Roux crossed her arms. That said, he was righht in they didn't look the most intimidating of groups.
"Guessin' the Skulltaker's still the boss?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: October 22, 2018, 09:03:22 pm »

He nodded. "Sure is. He's made the gang bigger and badder than it's ever been too. Rumor is, once we get to the clanmeet..." Latch stopped himself, and grinned maliciously. "Well. Why spoil the surprise?" He turned and began to walk away. "Well, ye may as well come along. Don't need ya to get lost and 'ave a cry."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: October 25, 2018, 06:47:53 pm »

Her eyes narrowed at Latch's last words, but she but back a response. Instead she turned back to her companions and spoke again in a low voice.
"... Don't need to tell yer all to be careful 'ere. Clanmeets ain't calm at th' best o' times. Got it?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: October 26, 2018, 12:52:39 am »

"And here I assumed it would be like singing songs around a campfire."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: October 26, 2018, 11:19:33 pm »

Kaldach stifled a small shrug after he assessed everything about this group.
: "Not like I haven't been out of my element with all this walking and talking already. I'll just follow whatever your lead is. Crack heads if I need to."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: October 26, 2018, 11:27:30 pm »

Her eyes narrowed at Latch's last words, but she but back a response. Instead she turned back to her companions and spoke again in a low voice.
"... Don't need to tell yer all to be careful 'ere. Clanmeets ain't calm at th' best o' times. Got it?"

"Could say the same 'bout me. Just signal if you need a big guy to look scary. I ain't the best talker even when it comes to bandits, but at least their type respects strength."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: October 30, 2018, 05:40:47 pm »

The group was led into a small tent town. All around, men and women could be seen gambling, drinking, or polishing their weapons. On one end of the camp stood a recessed fight pit ringed with logs. Two men fought within the pit, stripped to waist and already bruised and bloody. A low rumble of thunder rolled over the sky, and the group that accompanied Latch dispersed as they entered the bandit camp.

Latch turned back to the group once they were well into the camp. "Well then. Make yourself at home. Rest of the clans ought to be around in a couple of days."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 01, 2018, 01:38:44 pm »

"Coupla days, huh."
She drew in a breath and roared.
"Oi! Skulltaker! Where yer at, yer oversized bastard?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 05, 2018, 06:48:03 pm »

Some of the nearby chatter died for a moment, as bandits turned to look at Roux. The moment passed, however, and the chatter of the camp rose again. After a few minutes, however, it died again. The crowds ahead parted as a huge man, clad in blood red patchwork armor, strode toward the group.

Skulltaker spotted Roux almost as soon as he came into view, and grinned savagely. It was obvious that he recognized her. "Oo's the dipshit what thinks they have the right to call me out?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 06, 2018, 04:03:47 pm »

"Glad to see yer 'member me, Skulltaker. I got me a grudge 'gainst yer."
"See, yer killed me da real good. But..."
Her face twisted with rage, and she raised a fist angrily.
"I was th' one 'o was menna krump that bastard, yer giant prick!"
Her expression morphed into a grin, and she clanged the fist on her breastplate.
"So I'm sayin' this: the best of yer crew an' you against mine and me, fightin' in th' pit." She jabbed a thumb over her shoulder at the others. "But iffn yer too scared, I'll unnerstand. Yer can go an' suck yer thumb while I take over this dung'eap yer made of things!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 06, 2018, 06:30:06 pm »

"Too scared to fight me alone, are ya? That's a woman for ya." Skulltaker laughed mysogynistically. "Iffin you need ta bring in ringers, that's your business. Pick yer two best, no healer. You can fight me an my two. And once you're dead, you can go pick yer fight with your worthless father."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 06, 2018, 07:54:02 pm »

"Bold words from a man too frightened to show said woman his face.  Though I suppose he may just hope that his helmet will make up for the lack of a skull he keeps feeling the need to try stealing."

Martyn's words were muttered, and he remained stiff, eyeing the bandits with suspicion.  Though he'd been like this since they entered this land.  The man had made no secret of his distaste in trying to find allies here, nor had he hidden his skepticism that these people, bereft of true loyalty or nation, would be reliable or trustworthy enough not to turn on Izzarrans even if they WERE convinced.  Still, here they were.  Didn't mean he had to be happy about it.

"Roux, this is foolish.  Would your, ah, 'friends' follow us if we just shot him from here?"
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 146