Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Legacy) Dwarf Fortress Masterwork submod - Combining Warlocks into Succubus  (Read 907 times)

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://mega.nz/#!S1gkEYCC!E-vJFgZW9l3c5YVJDWsYIZEu6imGO8n5c7CceciXeZU

This is a very old mod I made. I actually almost lost it (my hard drive died sadly and I couldn't find my backup again), but found it yesterday on one of my random mega.co accounts lol. Then I downloaded it tonight, but haven't had much time to mess around with it. I uploaded the above file in 2015, in May on the 31st of that year. I am pretty sure I "finished" it. But I am actually not entirely sure if that is the actual latest or not. Hopefully that is what I finished off with, but I loaded it up and it looked good.

I can however NOT promise its 100% stable and bug free. I am going to play around with it and see if it got my bug fixes I made, but otherwise should be good if so. I never fully got to test everything though. The big thing was the warlock library, I really wanted to test that and made sure it worked properly, but never got the chance.

What the mod is (my first and only DF mod I ever did, I learned a lot and sadly forgot a lot lol) is it merges most of the Warlock features (buildings, summoning, undead etc) into the Succubus race. At the time I wanted to be "demons" that were also "necromancers" (warlocks I guess) and did stuff with the undead and what not.

Honestly, its been so long I can't really give a best description of it. But the main race is still Succubus, but I combined a lot of the Warlock features into it. I do remember I spent weeks making it, and long days of making sure things worked. I had to learn how to make custom buildings and all kinds of stuff.

If it is the latest version, Succubus should make custom blocks or something. That was one of the last things I did, since some of the warlock buildings I remember required "blocks" to use. Pretty sure that was it. I'd have to check through the files, because I did actually make custom unique items that the Succubus could craft and that was some of the last stuff I added to "finish" the mod. Which even doing that took me hours to figure out, so the mod took a while and a lot of work.

I do remember it kinda crashed a lot, but at the time dwarf fortress just crashed a lot in general for me.

In any case, its pretty much a complete upload of Dwarf Fortress Legacy (wasp race is added too, dunno if its most up to date version), but with all my changes to the Succubus and some custom stuff. A lot of the "features" I didn't really do myself, but it was actually VERY hard (for me) and time consuming combining warlocks into Succubus.

Hope you guys like it (even if it is buggy lol) :) I do remember talking about making it, and got some interest. But it is the "old" version of Masterwork, and definitely not the most up to date one. It should be latest of Legacy though, since the new masterwork was already out.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 01:28:25 am by Kazagarth »