Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 176694 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.09-r01 x64
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2018, 10:51:06 am »

hmmm i still don't understand enough about linux to see how i could get stonesense to run, but obviously the dfhack-plugin for stonesense is causing some of the problems.

You can't (without some advanced linux understanding) until it gets compiled differently.  The problem is that whomever is building this distribution is using more modern libraries that what we have on our distros of ubuntu and mint.

Another solution might be to stick this whole build on github or bitbucket or something and let us build it from source on our own machines.
about which i know even less.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

dan84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2018, 01:51:12 pm »

Ok, I compiled stonesense myself and got it to work.

• I downloaded dfhack and built it from sources.  There are numerous details to get it to build correctly on Linux (cmake flags as well as apt opengl installations needed).  I can answer if needed.
  • Within the df_linux directory, copying your newly built stonesense.plug.so to df_linux/hack/plugins.  Everything should now work.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2018, 05:19:04 pm »

Thats great dan84, could you attach the plugin here?
I think ive got opengl drivers installed...
Your build config tweaks should be of interest to someone, perhaps put them down here or in dfhacks topic.
Klok the Kloker !

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2018, 08:45:04 pm »

As I said in my post above, we are aware of the issue, and the next release of DFHack should address it by using an older OS. It didn't sound to me like Dan84 made any "build config tweaks" besides configuring a build normally.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2018, 09:02:28 pm »

whatever "lethosor"
Klok the Kloker !

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2018, 09:11:29 pm »

whatever "lethosor"
It sounded to me like you thought Dan84 made some undocumented changes that would be useful for DFHack people to know about, which I don't think is the case, but there's a possibility I'm wrong on both counts. I'm sorry if I offended you.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2018, 10:07:11 pm »

Apologies, its not personal. A tendency to be dismissive when theres no need comes across. Dan84 mentioned needing to make changes, why not see if there were any of interest? Or just ignore the conversation, its less bother than shutting me down.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:01:33 am by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

dan84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2018, 12:35:51 am »

Nothing magic, just a normal build.  You just have to read the details on the dfhack documentation page, apt install numerous libraries for stonesense and also enable the stonesense build.  Then copy the file to the right place.  I just posted in case someone wanted to get it to work before the next build is out.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2018, 10:13:23 am »

Glad to hear it, from the horses mouth  :P
Klok the Kloker !

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.05-r01 x64
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2018, 11:19:00 am »

Hi, I am the maintainer of Dwarf Therapist. For solving an issue with where the updater saves the downloaded memory layouts. I need to change how DT look up for data files. The simplest solution is to rely only QStandardPaths to get the directories to search (and write to).

This will particularly affects the LinuxLNP as QStandardPaths does not contains any path relative to the application directory (only XDG_DATA_DIRS + XDG_DATA_HOME). I propose two solutions:
  • Use the XDG environment variables. Add DT path inside the LNP in XDG_DATA_DIRS. Updated memory layouts will be written in XDG_DATA_HOME and settings in XDG_CONFIG_HOME.
  • I am thinking about adding a portable mode (enabled at run-time or build time) where, instead of using QStandardPaths, DT would only look for (and write) files in its own directory. It would require DT directory to be writable.

Would any of this fit LinuxLNP use case? What would you prefer? Do you have any recommendations?

I also posted about this in DT thread.
No reaction to that? Proposed changed are in this pull request

I would also like to know if any of these solutions would be acceptable to replace the launcher script that uses (gk)sudo and does not work very well.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.10-r01 x64
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2018, 07:59:08 am »

Download HERE

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.

LNP IMPORT TIPS
When first launching a new version of the LNP, you'll be asked if you want to import files from a previous installation. If you select yes, open the previous version's df_linux folder in the file chooser dialog, then click ok. Selecting the LNP folder or the root of the pack will cause the import to fail. The import process will grab your DF saves, SoundSense and/or SoundCense sounds, gamelog, and dfhack history from the previous version.

Utilities included:
  • PyLNP 0.13
  • DF 0.44.10
  • TWBT 6.46
  • DFHack 0.44.10-r1
  • Armok Vision 0.19.1
  • Dwarf Therapist 40.0.0 (SEE NOTE BELOW REGARDING CHANGES IN THIS VERSION)
  • Soundsense r2016-1 (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe GTK 1.4.2  (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Legends Browser 1.17.1 (*Requires Java 8*)

Graphics packs included:
  • Afro
  • AutoReiv
  • CLA
  • GemSet
  • IronHand
  • Jolly Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Meph-lite
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho
  • Spacefox
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust

NOTE REGARDING CHANGES IN DWARF THERAPIST
This version of Dwarf Therapist has changed the location of the config file.  To keep your old settings, move
Code: [Select]
~/.config/UDP Software/Dwarf Therapist.ini to
Code: [Select]
~/.config/dwarftherapist/dwarftherapist.ini
Support:  Toady and Threetoe have been gracious enough to provide us all with Dwarf Fortress free of charge.  To show your appreciation, please consider donating to Bay 12 Games.  Without donations, Dwarf Fortress wouldn't be what it is today.  Please click the link below to show them some love.  As a bonus, they'll send you a story reward or crayon drawing reward.  How cool is that?

If you like the work I've put into assembling this pack, please feel free to head over to my Patreon page and buy me a coffee.  Or a beer.  Or a sammich.  I'm really not picky.

Download HERE

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2018, 12:08:43 pm »

woohoo new version! going to try it out.
44.09 had bugs with "twbt redrawall 1" - at least it didn't just crash...

how can i start it without using the launcher?
i only need it as a basis so i can use stuff from mephs pack, but most of the necessary changes i do to the files are reverted by the launcher.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:03:48 am by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

carewolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2018, 02:14:01 pm »

0.44.11? Yay.... I hope

Elderon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2018, 04:12:20 am »

0.44.11? Yay.... I hope

As i understand, new LNP comes when all it's components are in stable state. Considering that DFhack is only in alpha (it was put together surprisingly fast, I might add. Kudos to its developers) i wouldn't hold my breath.
But nothing is stopping you to put together essential parts for your self. DFHack and therapist are already available, just make sure to make regular save backup :)

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2018, 11:25:36 pm »

how do you execute startlnp?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20