Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 175999 times)

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.12-r01 x64
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2018, 06:01:33 pm »

hi, not sure where to ask for help of my issue but i'm starting here because first time using lazy newb pack.

but... https://imgur.com/a/qieyBny in case don't want to look or the image is gone:  on load-up, DF only renders left side of game window... the right side is cut off as if someone dragged the game halfway off the screen to the right so only the left half is visible.

i was using linux for this, meph graphics lite.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2018, 07:00:11 am »

hi, not sure where to ask for help of my issue but i'm starting here because first time using lazy newb pack.

but... https://imgur.com/a/qieyBny in case don't want to look or the image is gone:  on load-up, DF only renders left side of game window... the right side is cut off as if someone dragged the game halfway off the screen to the right so only the left half is visible.

i was using linux for this, meph graphics lite.
enter your screen resolution in the launcher.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2018, 01:43:12 pm »

thank you for the solution, kinda embarrassing when i left it at default 80x50 and it misbehaved excessively

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2018, 03:48:30 pm »

thank you for the solution, kinda embarrassing when i left it at default 80x50 and it misbehaved excessively
i always have to correct that one to 1280x960 on my 5:4 screen too.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2018, 06:17:26 pm »

I haven't been able to get dwarf therapist to work.

So, i recently learned that ubuntu / debian no longer uses gksudo and instead uses something called policy kit.  I cludged a workaround for dwarf therapist by fiddling with the shell script, but it says i'm missing "libQTQml.so.5" from shared libraries which is a package in QT.
exact error message: /home/kevin/Downloads/LNP/LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist/dwarftherapist: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Qml.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I ran this with and without dwarf fortress running, same error.

also tried installing latest version of QT, didn't work.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 06:48:49 pm by ringringlingling »

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2018, 07:13:31 pm »

libQt5Qml.so.5 is provided by qt5-declarative. Assuming it is not already on your system try:

sudo apt-get install qtdeclarative5-dev

If/once that file is present and it still does not work it is a permissions issue (i.e. the workaround is not right...).  :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:16:16 pm by feelotraveller »

ringringlingling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2018, 07:51:36 pm »

HA!  SUCCESS!  THANK YOU, MY DWARVES OWE YOU THEIR LIVES!!

Seriously tho, its weird that package doesn't install with qt 5.9..

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2018, 03:45:51 am »

libQt5Qml.so.5 is provided by qt5-declarative. Assuming it is not already on your system try:

If/once that file is present and it still does not work it is a permissions issue (i.e. the workaround is not right...).  :)

qtdeclarative5-dev is the development package, for the library alone, use libqt5qml5.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.12-r02 x64
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2018, 07:13:22 pm »

Download HERE

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.

LNP IMPORT TIPS
When first launching a new version of the LNP, you'll be asked if you want to import files from a previous installation. If you select yes, open the previous version's df_linux folder in the file chooser dialog, then click ok. Selecting the LNP folder or the root of the pack will cause the import to fail. The import process will grab your DF saves, SoundSense and/or SoundCense sounds, gamelog, and dfhack history from the previous version.

Utilities included:
  • PyLNP 0.13b UPDATED
  • DF 0.44.12
  • TWBT 6.54 UPDATED
  • DFHack 0.44.12-r1
  • Armok Vision 0.19.1
  • Dwarf Therapist 41.0.3 UPDATED
  • Soundsense r2016-1 (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe GTK 1.4.2  (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Legends Browser 1.17.1 (*Requires Java 8*)

Graphics packs included:
  • Afro
  • AutoReiv
  • CLA
  • GemSet
  • IronHand
  • Jolly Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Meph-lite
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho
  • Spacefox
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust

NOTE REGARDING GRAPHICS PACKS
At the time of upload, not all of the graphics packs have been officially updated for 44.12.  As far as I can tell, nothing *should* prevent them from working properly, but please let me know if you run into any problems with them.  I will release a revision once they have been fully updated, provided Toady hasn't pushed out 44.13 by that time.

Support:  Toady and Threetoe have been gracious enough to provide us all with Dwarf Fortress free of charge.  To show your appreciation, please consider donating to Bay 12 Games.  Without donations, Dwarf Fortress wouldn't be what it is today.  Please click the link below to show them some love.  As a bonus, they'll send you a story reward or crayon drawing reward.  How cool is that?

If you like the work I've put into assembling this pack, please feel free to head over to my Patreon page and buy me a coffee.  Or a beer.  Or a sammich.  I'm really not picky.

Download HERE

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2018, 08:32:06 pm »

qtdeclarative5-dev is the development package, for the library alone, use libqt5qml5.

Yeah, I don't know my way around Debian repos.  (Are they even different from the Ubuntu repositories?)  Just glad I was able to give a working solution (if not the most elegant).

For me the package is currently qt5-declarative 5.11.2-1 and libQt5Qml.so.5 is just a symlink to libQt5Qml.so.5.11.2.  By the way I don't use Arch.  :P

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2018, 08:58:25 pm »

Yeah, I don't know my way around Debian repos.  (Are they even different from the Ubuntu repositories?)  Just glad I was able to give a working solution (if not the most elegant).

For me the package is currently qt5-declarative 5.11.2-1 and libQt5Qml.so.5 is just a symlink to libQt5Qml.so.5.11.2.  By the way I don't use Arch.  :P

Check out the updated pack I just posted.  DT is packaged into a single file appImage now, and everything you need should be included without downloading any extra packages.  DT has actually been this way for a while, but for some reason I can't currently remember I extracted it for the last few revisions I did.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2018, 09:07:12 pm »

Thanks for keeping up the LinuxLNP.  I've stopped using it a long while ago but I think it's great for newcomers, whether to Dwarf Fortress or to Linux.  I've been building therapist from source for some time.

(Apologies if I'm cluttering the thread with banter...)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2018, 09:12:54 pm »

Thanks for keeping up the LinuxLNP.  I've stopped using it a long while ago but I think it's great for newcomers, whether to Dwarf Fortress or to Linux.  I've been building therapist from source for some time.

(Apologies if I'm cluttering the thread with banter...)

No need to apologize!  I stepped away from it myself for a little bit, been tied up with other things in life and am just now getting back into it again. 

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2018, 03:45:58 am »

They are not the same repositories but they have a lot in common, and the naming policy is the same. There is the same website for Debian packages (you see, qtdeclarative5-dev has only a symlink and its depends on libqt5qml5 that has both symlinks and the actual .so). It is useful for looking for packages when you are not using the targeted distro (otherwise you can use the package manager for searching).

I extracted it for the last few revisions

Extracting the AppImage is okay, but you need to run the included AppRun instead of dwarftherapist directly, it well set the environment to use the included library. Running AppImages requires FUSE, on systems without FUSE, you actually have to extract the AppImage first. I do that in my deploy script. But most desktop should have FUSE, so don't worry about that.

So, i recently learned that ubuntu / debian no longer uses gksudo and instead uses something called policy kit.

I missed the part about sudo. Yes the modern equivalent of gksudo is pkexec. But it is possible to run DT without requiring root access at any time.

If I have your attention, Enay, would you consider using the second solution from this message, instead of the current sudo script? It is a very simple library that only depends on the libc, you would need to edit the df and dfhack scripts to preload it. It would let anyone debug DF even with ptrace_scope set to 1. I think it is better for the security than adding a capability to DT and it is easier to use (no root password asked, no big script that can go wrong).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:24:11 am by Clément »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2018, 11:06:21 am »

does the 44.12.02 contain a twbt/dfhack with a mousequery that actually works on a 5:4 screen resolution?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20