Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 176621 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.12-r02 x64
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2018, 11:42:26 am »

:D just looked up the exact meaning of "Dabbling" and it translates to the german word "Pfuschen", which has so many nice meanings and just fits my linux skills:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
yes, that's what i do in linux :D
i'm glad you can help me and others.

btw: i'm still playing the 44.09, as it runs most stable and as far as i read from the stress update, i should wait for that to be fixed before venturing forth.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2018, 01:30:38 pm »

I couldn't seem to find the exact one in the package manager, but took a gamble that libsdl-ttf2.0-dev would include it, which it did. So now Dwarf Fortress runs, but LNP still fails the terminal configuration test, but produces no error messages to help. Does this meanDFHack won't run?
You can definitely run DFHack directly with the ./dfhack script.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Androconus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2018, 11:06:47 am »

There seems to be a problem with the download. Is it just me?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2018, 01:24:56 pm »

There seems to be a problem with the download. Is it just me?
Please explain what the problem is and what link you're downloading. The one in the first post of this thread appears to work for me.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Androconus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2018, 01:51:58 pm »

Server not found. The links I tried are the big "Download HERE" links at the top and bottom of the pages.

"Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site. We can’t connect to the server at dffd.bay12games.com."

Is what firefox says. If it's just a problem on my end that's not too bad, I can check back another day. I was just worried it was a broken link

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2018, 02:25:24 pm »

bay12games.com has been down for me and others since yesterday. dffd.bay12games.com was working when I sent that post, but now appears to be down as well; unfortunately, I didn't save the downloaded I tried earlier. Usually these issues tend to be resolved relatively quickly.

Edit: dffd appears to be working for me again (pretty sure it isn't cached). I'd keep trying on your end periodically.

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2018, 03:36:45 am »

Hi !

I'm on Linux Mint 19, i didn't play for a long time (a couple of years i guess, and my first time was before Z axe...), and i'm willing to jump in again.

But,

I DL the pack, followed instruction, and when i eventually click "Play", my terminal gives this :

nohup: ignoring input and appending output to 'nohup.out'

The nohup.out is an empty file, it seems.

And that's all. I tried with everything default, i tried with messing options around, i tried reset to default, i tried reinstall, i tried calling for FUN, but nothing.

Help ?

Edit : Fixed !

I ran dfhack alone, and i was missing a lib it seems, so i just ran sudo apt-get install libsdl-ttf2.0-0 and i'm playing now.

But Therapist is not connecting to the game.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:15:40 am by ( Tchey ) »

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2018, 10:10:24 am »

For Therapist, you need to give it access to DF.... In the DT github instructions, search for "Running the program", read that paragraph and follow the instructions.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2018, 12:17:39 pm »

Or you can try my newer instructions. The first solution is recommended.

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #204 on: December 04, 2018, 04:46:16 am »

Thanks, i tried different options, and eventually doing this was the easiest way :

sysctl kernel.yama.ptrace_scope=0

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2019, 03:40:29 pm »

nvm while somehow LNP had a launcher for therapist that wasn't working on fedora vs 29, going to therapist's source file and cmaking to (re)build worked as a fix, replacing old executable which LNP runs fine.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 04:09:07 pm by soul4hdwn »

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP - 0.43.05 x64
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2019, 06:28:18 am »

EDIT : i've tried to copy the layouts from the LNP folder to /usr/local/share/dwarftherapist/memory_layouts/linux/, and now DwarfTherapist sees it, but complains that DF either is not running or unloaded the fort - while instead i have it open and running

... copied them from where? My memory layouts folder is empty just like yours used to be.
I've tried the LinuxLNP-0.44.12-r02/LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist, but that dir only contains a binary and manifest

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2019, 04:39:28 am »

The default for Dwarf Therapist is now to store memory layouts in:

~/.local/share/dwarftherapist/memory_layouts/linux/

I am not absolutely certain that the LinuxLNP follows that but it seems likely so check there first.

Assuming DT has its default settings it should also automatically check for updates (including new/missing/changed memory layouts) when launched.  Can be set at files > options > checkbox (near bottom).

If for some reason they are missing you can download them here: https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/master/share/memory_layouts/linux

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2019, 05:17:52 am »

The default for Dwarf Therapist is now to store memory layouts in:

~/.local/share/dwarftherapist/memory_layouts/linux/

With a default environment, DT will check in ~/.local/share/dwarftherapist, /usr/local/share/dwarftherapist, /usr/share/dwarftherapist (in order). An AppImage should also check its own image content.

EDIT : i've tried to copy the layouts from the LNP folder to /usr/local/share/dwarftherapist/memory_layouts/linux/, and now DwarfTherapist sees it, but complains that DF either is not running or unloaded the fort - while instead i have it open and running

... copied them from where? My memory layouts folder is empty just like yours used to be.
I've tried the LinuxLNP-0.44.12-r02/LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist, but that dir only contains a binary and manifest

What are you trying to fix? Memory layouts should be included in the AppImage (see AppImage documentation, if you want to check what is inside). If it is a ptrace permission issue, check this.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2019, 09:51:49 am »

so i still use the 44.09 release of your LNP and tried installing Meph's pack, following his orders and it just didn't work properly. he suggested a faulty linux twbt in that version, but it worked on the previous versions of his pack.
any ideas on how to fix it?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161047.msg7926511#msg7926511
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20