Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 175957 times)

vetsin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP - 0.43.05 x64
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2017, 09:02:50 pm »

So I'm on Arch Linux x64 but unless I'm being the world's biggest idiot, I don't seem to have (almost) any of the utilities that are allegedly bundled with this?
The only one that seems to be there is dfannouncementfilter and even then I had to enable it by removing it from the excludes.txt list.

For all I know it's got to do with the AUR package...

Also I can't seem to be able to get a terminal to work (at least, when setting one, though I assume that extends to trying to run one 'in practice' as well) - whether it's xterm or xfce4-terminal (the one I would much prefer to get working since I'm using Xfce), I get an unknown error (which is hardly helpful).

I swear I'm fairly tech-savvy most of the time, but right now I'm largely confused here, so sorry if this is elementary knowledge that I'm just missing in a spectacular way or something...

EDIT: Alright, disregard the terminal issue (though xterm is still the one that pops up when DFHacks prompts me for a password to access DF data, but everything else seems to run with xfce-terminal). Still confused about the utilities though.

Don't know why, but as an XFCE user I went and used `xterm -e $` as the custom terminal command.

shmizza

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2017, 02:56:24 pm »

hey! thanx enay for all the work! but …

new setup, mint kde 18.2, fresh install.
downloading linuxlnp
installing xterm –> run startlnp in console

the pylnp window pops up, everything seems in order.

i press "play dwarf fortress!". and get (from the pylnp output log): 

Code: [Select]
[ftp]Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1532, in __call__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 52, in run_df
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 93, in run_program
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.terminal", line 38, in get_terminal_command
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list found[/ftp]

when i run startlnp in the generic kde-console, i get the same there.

whats wrong?

thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2017, 06:32:54 pm »

Wishlist item: The ability to specify the windowed font differently from the full-screen font.

In window mode, I like to use a non-square tileset (Vector_square_48x72.png) because it makes it a lot easier to read text descriptions like dwarven thoughts.  But then I switch back to a square font (Nagidal24x24shadeBeards.png) in full-screen mode for gameplay (easy switch with F11).

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2017, 12:06:16 pm »

Request: Python 3 support.
Arch Linux (the distro i use at the moment) uses Python3 by default, and requires a bit of hackiness to make use python2.

p0m1d0rka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 03:55:19 pm »

hey! thanx enay for all the work! but …

new setup, mint kde 18.2, fresh install.
downloading linuxlnp
installing xterm –> run startlnp in console

the pylnp window pops up, everything seems in order.

i press "play dwarf fortress!". and get (from the pylnp output log): 

Code: [Select]
[ftp]Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1532, in __call__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 52, in run_df
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 93, in run_program
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.terminal", line 38, in get_terminal_command
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list found[/ftp]

when i run startlnp in the generic kde-console, i get the same there.

whats wrong?

thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.
have a same error. Any tips?

---------------------------------
Did not saw an errors page on github. sorry = (
https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack/Lazy-Newb-Pack-Linux/wiki/Common-Errors
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:35:57 am by p0m1d0rka »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2017, 04:16:23 pm »

Arch Linux (the distro i use at the moment) uses Python3 by default, and requires a bit of hackiness to make use python2.
In what, PyLNP? PyLNP supports Python 3, although precompiled versions might use Python 2 (but I wouldn't expect them to require your system to have Python 2 available). At any rate, that's probably something to mention in the PyLNP thread, since it isn't specific to this pack.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2017, 05:03:07 am »

In what, PyLNP? PyLNP supports Python 3, although precompiled versions might use Python 2 (but I wouldn't expect them to require your system to have Python 2 available). At any rate, that's probably something to mention in the PyLNP thread, since it isn't specific to this pack.

The precompiled versions do not require an existing Python installation.

There was a compatibility issue I missed in a recent change, so if you weren't using the tagged versions you would run into issues from that. It's been fixed now, though, so it should all be good now.

p0m1d0rka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2017, 05:58:12 am »

Hello!
will the version update to 44.xx ?

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP - 0.43.05 x64 FINAL
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2017, 03:35:51 pm »

Download HERE

As mentioned in the title, this is the final release of the 0.43.05 Linux LNP.  I'll get started working on the 0.44 LNP as soon as Toady makes it available.

If you like the work I've put into assembling this pack, please feel free to head over to my Patreon page and buy me a coffee.  Or a beer.  Or a sammich.  I'm really not picky.

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.

LNP IMPORT TIPS
When first launching a new version of the LNP, you'll be asked if you want to import files from a previous installation. If you select yes, open the previous version's df_linux folder in the file chooser dialog, then click ok. Selecting the LNP folder or the root of the pack will cause the import to fail. The import process will grab your DF saves, SoundSense and/or SoundCense sounds, gamelog, and dfhack history from the previous version.

Major changes over previous revision:
  • Updated PyLNP to 0.13
  • Updated DFHack to v0.43.05-r3.1
  • Updated Armok Vision to v0.18.0
  • Updated Legends Browser to v1.14
  • Updated TWBT to 6.22
  • Updated Dwarf Therapist to 38.1.0

Minor changes over previous revision:
  • Added custom stock settings to the list of items PyLNP will import from previous versions

Utilities included:
  • PyLNP 0.13
  • DF 0.43.05
  • DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1
  • Dwarf Therapist 38.1.0 (built with Qt5.5.1)
  • TWBT 6.22
  • Soundsense r2016-1 (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe GTK 1.4.2  (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Armok Vision 0.18.0
  • Legends Browser 1.14 (*Requires Java 8*)

Graphics packs included:
  • Afro
  • AutoReiv
  • CLA
  • GemSet
  • IronHand
  • Jolly Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho
  • Spacefox
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust

Download HERE

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2017, 03:38:20 pm »

Hello!
will the version update to 44.xx ?
Toady had trouble with his Linux box and has been unable to release the new Linux build.  Once he does, I'll get started on the barebones LNP straight away.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2017, 06:54:35 am »

Enay, the Linux build for 0.44.02 is up now, as well as DT (https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist)

Should make for a pretty good first release of LinuxLNP for 0.44.x!

By the way, in case you haven't seen it PeridexisErrant has a great python tool for building starter packs at https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack

I've used it to build a linux lnp locally, and it works nicely and automates nearly all the things!

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2017, 09:31:03 pm »

Download HERE

Here it is, the artifact release!
While we're waiting for DFhack to get updated to support 0.44.02, I had to remove Armok Vision, TWBT, and the GemSet graphics pack, as they all rely on DFhack.

I've included Dwarf Therapist, but don't yet have a working memory layout for it to work with the new version of DF. I'll probably update this pack when the memory layout becomes available. If you find they layout before I update, however, you can put it in LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist/share/dwarftherapist/memory_layouts/linux

A WORD OF WARNING
The included graphics packs aren't yet fully updated for 0.44.02 yet, so there may be weirdness.  Backup your saves before applying graphics packs, as they could potentially get corrupted.

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION ;D
If you like the work I've put into assembling this pack, please feel free to head over to my Patreon page and buy me a coffee. Or a beer. Or a sammich. I'm really not picky.

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.

LNP IMPORT TIPS
When first launching a new version of the LNP, you'll be asked if you want to import files from a previous installation. If you select yes, open the previous version's df_linux folder in the file chooser dialog, then click ok. Selecting the LNP folder or the root of the pack will cause the import to fail. The import process will grab your DF saves, SoundSense and/or SoundCense sounds, gamelog, and dfhack history from the previous version.

Utilities included:
  • PyLNP 0.13
  • DF 0.44.02
  • Dwarf Therapist 38.1.0 (built with Qt5.5.1)
  • Soundsense r2016-1 (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe GTK 1.4.2  (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Legends Browser 1.14 (*Requires Java 8*)

Graphics packs included:
  • Afro
  • AutoReiv
  • CLA
  • IronHand
  • Jolly Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho
  • Spacefox
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust

Download HERE
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:47:40 pm by Enay »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2017, 10:25:11 pm »

Sorry, I forgot to update Afro, so Don't use Afro in RC1. All the other graphics packs included all look good, though. Afro is updated on the repo now, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next candidate.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2017, 11:50:25 pm »

Sorry, I forgot to update Afro, so Don't use Afro in RC1. All the other graphics packs included all look good, though. Afro is updated on the repo now, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next candidate.

Thanks for the update. I'll make sure to pull the latest commits before putting up the next revision.

Podesta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2017, 05:36:41 pm »

Great update as always. Just a quick question, does removing the folder completely removes everything, or does it and some utility create folders/files around?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20