Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 175982 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP - 0.43.05 x64
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 07:39:53 pm »

The second one is different from the DT issues described above - those were DT being unable to start and unable to connect to DF. As for the first issue, about the only advice I can provide is "don't zoom all the way out". You could get in touch with mifki in the TwbT thread about that, I suppose. Is it happening in specific menus or everywhere?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

freakdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 10:21:40 pm »

Looks like everywhere, when TWBT is enabled.

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 12:25:18 pm »

I'm on Fedora 25. LNP can't open gnome-terminal not with the selection and not when I specify in the custom terminal field. I'm using the terminal all the time, so I don't think it's an issue on my end.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 01:05:05 pm »

Does "gnome-terminal -e" work?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 01:33:56 pm »

Does "gnome-terminal -e" work?

No. But I researched the error I get with custom command
Code: [Select]
gnome-terminal: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libxcb-shm.so.0: undefined symbol: xcb_send_request_with_fdsSeems  like people got this error with gnome on wayland, which is what I'm running. I don't get it when I start it elsewhere though. Running xdg-terminal also opens gnome-terminal automatically.

HellishINC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 02:45:47 pm »

WARNING: JSONConfiguration: File PyLNP.user does not exist

ERROR: Unable to read current colors

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.colors", line 44, in get_colors

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.colors", line 44, in <genexpr>

TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

This is on Arch x64. Not sure if this is LNP related but posting none the less.

Setting the print mode to anything but 2D also causes the game to not launch.
Adding:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""allows the game to launch.

I also went ahead and updated DFhack and TWBT to most recent versions (dfh-r1 / next) and everything seems to be working just fine on my end
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:48:39 pm by HellishINC »

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 02:39:02 am »

Adding:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""allows the game to launch.

I also went ahead and updated DFhack and TWBT to most recent versions (dfh-r1 / next) and everything seems to be working just fine on my end
Yes, for me the same plus I had to install another terminal to get LNP to start DF.

MAemilius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2017, 10:21:39 pm »

Hey there,

I'm running OpenSUSE and having some issues with Dwarf Therapist as well.  I can get the scripts to work when run directly, but I still can't get it to work through the utility.  When run through the utility, I get a symbol lookup error that I've been unable to figure out so far.

symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FcWeightFromOpenType
To get the scripts running directly, I modified the bit that gets the path to the Dwarf Therapist binary to:

_ROOT="$( cd -P "$( dirname "$0" )" && pwd )"

## $_DT_BINARY
## Set path to 'DwarfTherapist' binary
_DT_BINARY="$_ROOT/DwarfTherapist"

After that, I was having issues with the path to "_ETC_BASE_FOLDER".  I had to change that to:

_ETC_BASE_FOLDER="${PREFIX}/share/"
After that, everything was working fine using the script as given.

So, the final version of my settings section looks like this:

##########################################
##
##   SETTINGS / CONFIG
##
##########################################

_ROOT="$( cd -P "$( dirname "$0" )" && pwd )"

## $_DT_BINARY
## Set path to 'DwarfTherapist' binary
_DT_BINARY="$_ROOT/DwarfTherapist"
PREFIX="${_DT_BINARY%%/DwarfTherapist}"

## $_ETC_BASE_FOLDER
## Set folder containing 'etc/memory_layouts/linux/*'
## DwarfTherapist needs to be run from within this folder, because relative path 'etc/memory_layouts/OS/' is hardcoded in binary
##
_ETC_BASE_FOLDER="${PREFIX}/share/"

##_NOTIFY_ICON
## Set path to icon used for notify-send
_NOTIFY_ICON="${PREFIX}/share/pixmaps/dwarftherapist.png"

I don't seem to have the "pixmaps" folder, but it hasn't been a problem yet.

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 09:22:49 pm »

Download HERE

I finally got around to doing a 64-bit LNP for Linux.  I can't guarantee that everything is working perfectly, but it should do the trick.

NOTE:  I'm probably going to stop working on this in the very near future.  I don't want to vanish though and leave people wondering if/when the LinuxLNP will be updated.  If somebody wants to continue working on this, please let me know.  I have written a very crude but workable build script that I could provide you with that handles most of the heavy lifting.  I know PeridexisErrant also has a python-based script that can be used for generating a new LNP for Linux, but I've never tried it myself.

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.  This is used to ensure Dwarf Therapist can talk to Dwarf Fortress. 

LNP IMPORT TIPS
When first launching a new version of the LNP, you'll be asked if you want to import files from a previous installation. If you select yes, open the previous version's df_linux folder in the file chooser dialog, then click ok. Selecting the LNP folder or the root of the pack will cause the import to fail. The import process will grab your DF saves, SoundSense and/or SoundCense sounds, gamelog, and dfhack history from the previous version.

Major changes over previous revision:

• Updated DFHack to 0.43.05-r1.
  • Updated TWBT to 5.84.
  • Updated Legends Browser to 1.12.1.

Minor changes over previous revision:
  • Added extra color schemes from wiki
  • Removed Western Rust color scheme (incomplete scheme, caused issues with PyLNP)
  • Added export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="" to the beginning of distro_fixes script for improved compatibility
  • Tweaked DT launcher script to work better with LNP directory structure
  • Included outdated (but still very useful) DT Manual
  • Fixed gui/manager-quantity keybind
  • Replaced obsolete references of autolabor with labormanager
  • Other general cleanup/housekeeping

Utilities included:
  • PyLNP 0.12a
  • DF 0.43.05
  • DFHack 0.43.05-r1
  • Dwarf Therapist 37.0.0 (Hello71's fork built with Qt5.7.1)
  • TWBT 5.84
  • Soundsense (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Armok Vision 0.16.2
  • Legends Browser 1.12.1 (*Requires Java 8*)

Graphics packs included:
  • Afro
  • AutoReiv
  • CLA
  • GemSet
  • IronHand
  • Jolly Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho
  • Spacefox
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust

Download HERE

Mr.Elendig

• Bay Watcher
  • [TWISTED][INSANE][CANT_SPELL]
    • View Profile

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 08:50:49 am »

Please for the love of Armok use a top level directory in the tarbal so that it doesn't explode all over $PWD

No problem, future versions will include a TLD in the archive.  Since I originally built this for my own private use and my personal folder structure is setup to not need a TLD in the archive, I didn't consider how it could impact others when I decided to make it available to the masses.

Wastewhile

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 07:38:40 am »

I use gnome-terminal, but couldn't launch with DFhack enabled - I got a complaint about "gnome-terminal\n" not existing or similar.

To fix I installed xterm, and set my console to Custom, with the command "xterm" (sans speech marks).

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 11:40:05 am »

Hi! I migrated to Linux a while ago and got back into playing, i thought there wasnt a uptodate LNP until i looked a little harder and found this. Thanks a ton for making this, always makes my life easier.

DukeLeto2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 01:00:16 pm »

Using Arch Linux 64 bit, I get the error

./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FcWeightToOpenType

whenever I try to use graphics that aren't TWBT. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems correctly set in the distrofixes file already.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 01:11:38 pm »

Using Arch Linux 64 bit, I get the error

./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FcWeightToOpenType

whenever I try to use graphics that aren't TWBT. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems correctly set in the distrofixes file already.
Have you tried STANDARD? That's identical to TWBT as far as DF is concerned.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20