Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 175964 times)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.10-r01 x64
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2018, 06:05:12 am »

If you're in its directory just type ./startlnp
If youre not there type its path like ~/games/LNP/startlnp
Afaik this is necessary to run scripts on linux, just typing their name doesnt run them, they need a little path included. ( ./ - means 'the one here')
Klok the Kloker !

bool1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2018, 05:51:40 pm »

Thank you

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2018, 06:58:16 pm »

I'm somewhat late, but most desktop environments should allow you to run startlnp like any other program (double-clicking, etc.), if you prefer that method. I'm not sure if you tried that or not.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2018, 02:37:57 am »

Newer nautilus open scripts in a text editor instead of executing them. The best way to start a program from your desktop is to create .desktop file. You can use MenuLibre for that.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2018, 10:58:25 am »

can you write a linux launcher for mephs pack? i love the pack, but just copying his raws into the LNP and making changes to the configs, inits etc. doesn't work, because launching via LNPlauncher resets most of my manual changes.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2018, 01:27:28 pm »

Newer nautilus open scripts in a text editor instead of executing them. The best way to start a program from your desktop is to create .desktop file. You can use MenuLibre for that.
Bool1989 didn't say they were using Nautilus, and most desktop environments I've seen have an option to do both (launch and open in an editor). Opening an executable file in a text editor doesn't seem like a good default, but maybe there's a way to change that if it was indeed what was happening.

can you write a linux launcher for mephs pack? i love the pack, but just copying his raws into the LNP and making changes to the configs, inits etc. doesn't work, because launching via LNPlauncher resets most of my manual changes.
Where are you putting your changes? PyLNP has a specific process for installing mods, which requires them to go in separate folders. I'm not sure on the exact process, but I suggest reading the PyLNP readme for details.

In any case, "write a linux launcher for meph's pack" is a huge request, given how big MDF is. I'm assuming you're addressing it to Enay, who maintains this pack, but he didn't even write PyLNP, and hasn't contributed much to the launcher besides using it, as far as I know (although I could be entirely wrong - I haven't checked), so this doesn't seem like the appropriate thread in any case.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:29:34 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2018, 03:00:22 pm »

Its true you can click on PyLNP, but the readme directs to ./startlnp bash script which checks/gets permission for therapist and sets the terminal choice for dfhack on first run.

edit - I see therapists check happens anyway. Maybe startlnp is not necessary anymore. I hadnt noticed yet the pack would run on PyLNP.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:10:14 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2018, 08:52:11 am »

Where are you putting your changes? PyLNP has a specific process for installing mods, which requires them to go in separate folders. I'm not sure on the exact process, but I suggest reading the PyLNP readme for details.

In any case, "write a linux launcher for meph's pack" is a huge request, given how big MDF is. I'm assuming you're addressing it to Enay, who maintains this pack, but he didn't even write PyLNP, and hasn't contributed much to the launcher besides using it, as far as I know (although I could be entirely wrong - I haven't checked), so this doesn't seem like the appropriate thread in any case.
i always make the changes directly in the DF-directory - i wouldn't know how to make them as options selectable from within the launcher. also there are a lot of options the launcher doesn't even show.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2018, 11:31:24 am »

Does "the launcher" mean PyLNP? PyLNP is designed to set DF options, and to enable/disable mods all at once, so of course it won't show MDF-specific options.

Anyway, http://pylnp.birdiesoft.dk/docs/dev/content.html covers mods in PyLNP. I'm not sure how helpful that is for you - you might have better luck talking to Meph about it.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2018, 01:10:15 pm »

the only problem is that i can't get it to run without the LNPlauncher and it resets stuff i change manually or that is set by meph's data i copy in.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2018, 03:32:31 pm »

Why can't you get it to run without PyLNP? Does running the "dfhack" script on its own not work? Any errors?

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.12-r01 x64
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2018, 09:08:00 am »

Download HERE

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.

LNP IMPORT TIPS
When first launching a new version of the LNP, you'll be asked if you want to import files from a previous installation. If you select yes, open the previous version's df_linux folder in the file chooser dialog, then click ok. Selecting the LNP folder or the root of the pack will cause the import to fail. The import process will grab your DF saves, SoundSense and/or SoundCense sounds, gamelog, and dfhack history from the previous version.

Utilities included:
  • PyLNP 0.13
  • DF 0.44.12
  • TWBT 6.53
  • DFHack 0.44.12-r1
  • Armok Vision 0.19.1
  • Dwarf Therapist 40.1.2 (SEE NOTE BELOW REGARDING CHANGES IN THIS VERSION)
  • Soundsense r2016-1 (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe GTK 1.4.2  (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Legends Browser 1.17.1 (*Requires Java 8*)

Graphics packs included:
  • Afro
  • AutoReiv
  • CLA
  • GemSet
  • IronHand
  • Jolly Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Meph-lite
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho
  • Spacefox
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust

NOTE REGARDING CHANGES IN DWARF THERAPIST
Custom roles or columns created since 40.0.0 using "Armor (any)" or "Clothing (any)" preferences are broken. Delete the preference from the role or grid view and re-add it again to fix them.

NOTE REGARDING GRAPHICS PACKS
At the time of upload, not all of the graphics packs have been officially updated for 44.12.  As far as I can tell, nothing *should* prevent them from working properly, but please let me know if you run into any problems with them.  I will release a revision once they have been fully updated, provided Toady hasn't pushed out 44.13 by that time.

Support:  Toady and Threetoe have been gracious enough to provide us all with Dwarf Fortress free of charge.  To show your appreciation, please consider donating to Bay 12 Games.  Without donations, Dwarf Fortress wouldn't be what it is today.  Please click the link below to show them some love.  As a bonus, they'll send you a story reward or crayon drawing reward.  How cool is that?

If you like the work I've put into assembling this pack, please feel free to head over to my Patreon page and buy me a coffee.  Or a beer.  Or a sammich.  I'm really not picky.

Download HERE

n_ll

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2018, 11:47:23 pm »

thanks enay!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2018, 08:55:21 am »

Why can't you get it to run without PyLNP? Does running the "dfhack" script on its own not work? Any errors?
I tried exactly that and it just crashes immediately and if using the terminal to start dfhack, it says it couldn't be executed or something like that.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2018, 09:07:12 am »

Can you give the exact error message?
Anyway, I think "chmod +x ./dfhack" might help (when you're in the folder with the dfhack script). I'm not sure why it wouldn't be executable, though. Did you install the pack as a different user, e.g. as root (with sudo)?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20