Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 175996 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.12-r01 x64
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2018, 02:19:46 am »

Can you give the exact error message?
Anyway, I think "chmod +x ./dfhack" might help (when you're in the folder with the dfhack script). I'm not sure why it wouldn't be executable, though. Did you install the pack as a different user, e.g. as root (with sudo)?
will do later today
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2018, 11:11:00 am »

tried it, and it crashed on mainmenu.
stderr.log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

but i should try with the latest version and a clean one first.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2018, 11:21:50 am »

Try the GCC 4.8 build of DFHack instead.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2018, 01:57:33 pm »

Try the GCC 4.8 build of DFHack instead.
the what? :D
can you guide me?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2018, 09:21:05 pm »

On https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/releases there are GCC 4.8 and 7 builds of DFHack. The GCC 7 builds don't work on some older systems, so try installing the GCC 4.8 one (pick 32-bit or 64-bit as appropriate). Installing over your existing hack folder should be fine, but make a backup copy first if you want - it should overwrite everything in the hack folder if you do it correctly.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2018, 08:30:43 am »

On https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/releases there are GCC 4.8 and 7 builds of DFHack. The GCC 7 builds don't work on some older systems, so try installing the GCC 4.8 one (pick 32-bit or 64-bit as appropriate). Installing over your existing hack folder should be fine, but make a backup copy first if you want - it should overwrite everything in the hack folder if you do it correctly.
thanks, will do.

carewolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2018, 05:05:04 pm »

Why is the fat-dwarf script still enabled by default? It seems the bug it was meant to work-around was fixed several years ago.

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2018, 05:32:29 pm »

I tried out the latest pack, tweaked a few of the common settings (population etc), and installed the MephLite pack, but it's a bit 'crashier' than I'm used to. I first had a hard crash during world gen (not too uncommon in past releases, second time worked OK), but got another crash upon embarking (after spending ages with their equipment!), and various other instability with Therapist - worked OK for a while, then a hard crash - no error logs than I can spot.

I'm not sure if this is a red herring (Linux Mint 18):

[distro_fixes] [WARN] 64bit 'Dwarf_Fortress' on unhandled 64bit OS detected. If you get 'missing file' errors, please open an issue on Github: https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack/Lazy-Newb-Pack-Linux/issues.
[distro_fixes] [WARN] Could not find a 64-bit zlib

Though I'd expect the lack of a zlib library to cause a more consistent crash if not present and being relied on. Might be graphics pack related I guess, I'll extract the bundle and not install that and see if it's a bit more stable.

carewolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2018, 12:15:19 pm »

I tried out the latest pack, tweaked a few of the common settings (population etc), and installed the MephLite pack, but it's a bit 'crashier' than I'm used to. I first had a hard crash during world gen (not too uncommon in past releases, second time worked OK), but got another crash upon embarking (after spending ages with their equipment!), and various other instability with Therapist - worked OK for a while, then a hard crash - no error logs than I can spot.

I'm not sure if this is a red herring (Linux Mint 18):

[distro_fixes] [WARN] 64bit 'Dwarf_Fortress' on unhandled 64bit OS detected. If you get 'missing file' errors, please open an issue on Github: https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack/Lazy-Newb-Pack-Linux/issues.
[distro_fixes] [WARN] Could not find a 64-bit zlib

Though I'd expect the lack of a zlib library to cause a more consistent crash if not present and being relied on. Might be graphics pack related I guess, I'll extract the bundle and not install that and see if it's a bit more stable.

I get crashes too with this version. I started the game using "./dfhack -g" (to make it run in gdb), and it appears it crashes after handling something in the twbt plugin. Try if you get the same.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2018, 03:31:09 am »

I recall PatrikLundell constently reproduced the twbt on-embark crash if game window was higher than 67. Try resizing the game window to default size only for the time you embark.

Matt B

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2018, 03:04:37 am »

I am new Linux and to DF on Linux, so please excuse me if this is all obvious.

I have a clean install of Mint 19 and downloaded the latest Linux LNP.  The pack started ok to the option screens but when I went to start DF a terminal window flashed up then instantly closed and I was back at the options screen.

After some searching, it turns out I needed some additional libraries.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/64765/i-downloaded-dwarf-fortress-why-wont-it-run had the same problem

sudo apt-get install libsdl-image1.2:i386 libsdl-ttf2.0-0:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libjpeg62:i386 libglu1-mesa:i386 libopenal1:i386

now DF runs fine, but I am still unable to start Dwarftherapist.  Another message message box, not a terminal window, appears but it disappears before I can understand it.

If anyone has any suggestions as to getting therapist working, or even getting the message to stick around long enough to read, I would be grateful.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2018, 09:11:19 am »

you have to start the LNP via terminal. that way you can directly read what crashed and the terminalwindow will stay open.
i'm on linux mint 18 here and had the same problems and installing the failed library calls will solve your problem.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2018, 09:54:10 am »

Depending on the terminal you're using, you might also be able to set it up so that windows don't automatically close (that'd be a terminal feature, though, and I'm not sure what terminal you're using).

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2018, 12:27:13 pm »

in linux mint it usually works that way.
---
mousequery acting up again, not scrolling on right and lower screen border.
i know this is because i use a 5:4 screen... but there was a fix downloadable somewhere and i forgot where.
i really need to get my bookmarks sorted...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:24:19 pm by Pvt. Pirate »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2018, 01:18:45 pm »

can you integrate a working clean version of mousequery from the original dfhack? the one currently included doesn't work and this fixed it last time.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20