Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 175980 times)

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP Release Candidate - 0.47.03-rc1 x64
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2019, 02:17:51 am »

Download HERE

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.

LNP IMPORT TIPS
When first launching a new version of the LNP, you'll be asked if you want to import files from a previous installation. If you select yes, open the previous version's df_linux folder in the file chooser dialog, then click ok. Selecting the LNP folder or the root of the pack will cause the import to fail. The import process will grab your DF saves, SoundSense and/or SoundCense sounds, gamelog, and dfhack history from the previous version.

Utilities included:
  • PyLNP 0.13b
  • DF 0.47.03 UPDATED
  • TWBT 6.xx (beta - Thanks Thurin!) UPDATED
  • DFHack 0.44.03-beta1 UPDATED
  • Armok Vision 0.20.2 UPDATED
  • Dwarf Therapist 41.1.4 UPDATED
  • Soundsense r2016-1 (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe GTK 1.4.2  (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Legends Browser 1.17.1 (*Requires Java 8*) UPDATED

Graphics packs included:
  • Afro
  • AutoReiv
  • CLA
  • GemSet
  • IronHand
  • Jolly Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Meph-lite
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho
  • Spacefox
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust
  • Vettlingr

Support:  Toady and Threetoe have been gracious enough to provide us all with Dwarf Fortress free of charge.  To show your appreciation, please consider donating to Bay 12 Games.  Without donations, Dwarf Fortress wouldn't be what it is today.  Please click the link below to show them some love.  As a bonus, they'll send you a story reward or crayon drawing reward.  How cool is that?

If you like the work I've put into assembling this pack, please feel free to head over to my Patreon page and buy me a coffee.  Or a beer.  Or a sammich.  I'm really not picky.

Download HERE
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 12:38:10 am by Enay »

Lukaszyk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.12-r03 x64
« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2019, 07:06:52 am »

I have problem
"Play Dwarf Fortress" button does nothing
when i run df from konsole i get
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
The program 'Dwarf_Fortress' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 20 error_code 2 request_code 154 minor_code 3)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
when i run dfhack i get
[distro_fixes] [INFO] Checking whether any distro specific fixes are required...
[distro_fixes] [INFO] OS: linuxmint
[distro_fixes] [INFO] ARCH: x86_64
[distro_fixes] [INFO] VER: 19.1
[distro_fixes] [INFO] DF_ARCH: 64-bit
[distro_fixes] [INFO] DF_BIN_LOCATION: ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress
[distro_fixes] [WARN] 64bit 'Dwarf_Fortress' on unhandled 64bit OS detected. If you get 'missing file' errors, please open an issue on Github: https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack/Lazy-Newb-Pack-Linux/issues.
[distro_fixes] [INFO] Attempting to use zlib at /usr/lib32/libz.so
[distro_fixes] [INFO] PRELOAD_LIB: /usr/lib32/libz.so:./libs/set_ptracer_any.so
[distro_fixes] [INFO] LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
[distro_fixes] [INFO] Done
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libz.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt

What can i do?

freakdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2019, 01:32:07 pm »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2019, 09:44:23 am »

can someone explain which settings are best for adv mode?
i know twbt messes it up quite much, but without it, it's as messed up as without.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Incantatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2019, 05:11:45 am »

i know twbt messes it up quite much, but without it, it's as messed up as without.

Tried with vanilla DF? I only had problems with crashing with twbt & mephs. Vanilla DF, dfhack and ASCII graphics work fine for me.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2019, 01:52:14 pm »

Tried with vanilla DF? I only had problems with crashing with twbt & mephs. Vanilla DF, dfhack and ASCII graphics work fine for me.
i only tried it without twbt once and it looked as much wrong as with twbt.
i guess there's no solution to it then.

on another note, the mousequery edge scrolling bug seems to be fixed, thanks to lethosor!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164123.msg7970663#msg7970663
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:54:10 pm by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

UltraTLC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2019, 07:55:45 pm »

So, likely a PEBKAC error of some kind, but I am fairly new to Linux. I managed to get it downloaded and untarred, but after navigating to the folder with the starLNP script, this is the output that I got:
[root@localhost LinuxLNP-0.44.12-r03]# ./startlnp
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.lnp", line 119, in __init__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.lnp", line 212, in initialize_ui
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/tkgui.tkgui", line 126, in __init__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1810, in __init__
_tkinter.TclError: couldn't connect to display ":0"
[WARNING] startlnp: Failed to start PyLNP

How do I fix this?
Many thanks

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2019, 10:28:07 am »

Why are you trying to run it as root?

UltraTLC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2019, 08:58:38 pm »

That was just the most recent attempt to get it to cooperate, I have had a string of other errors that I worked through, and the one right before that I had to run some commands as a super user. Forgot to switch back until after posting that

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2019, 06:02:56 am »

i wasnt able to run it when it was on a different drive than the OS and the user folder.
also you might need to install some required packages. it was posted somewhere before right in this thread here.

Dawnmist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2019, 11:32:26 am »

I've been very much enjoying using this pack - thank you for putting in the time to maintain it. :)

I have been trying over the weekend to test out using Armok Vision for the first time, but I'm running into problems with it. I have my fortress loaded in Dwarf Fortress, then double-click on the Armok Vision utility. The screen size/image quality settings screen appears, and on setting those values the Armok Vision window appears with a giant keyboard showing the keymaps to use, and with Armok Vision claiming it could not find a running version of Dwarf Fortress (and displaying an "HTTP/1.1 400" error logged on the left of the window - so rather than it could not find Dwarf Fortress it seems to be being told by Dwarf Fortress/dfhack's RemoteFortressReader plugin that its making a bad request).

Do I need to do anything in particular in order to make Armok Vision functional? When digging around, I did notice that the Armok Vision directory had a `Plugins/v0.44.05 linux64/0.44.05-r2` directory with a `RemoteFortressReader.plug.so`lib in it...so I tested trying to replace the version in `df_linux/hack/plugins` with that version but that also didn't work (exact same error as previously, so I reverted the file in the `df_linux/hack/plugins` directory to the original version again).

I couldn't find any significant documentation for Armok Vision other than "these are the keymaps, and make sure you have a new version of dfhack" at both the Armok Vision github or in the `LNP/about/Armok_Vision.txt`, which didn't really give me much to be able to work from when trying to solve this on my own.

LinuxLNP-0.44.12.r3

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2019, 03:22:31 pm »

I haven't seen that before, but you could try making sure your firewall isn't blocking port 5000? Alternately, in the dfhack config directory (which should be inside the dfhack directory in the DF folder), and the armok vision config directory (Which should be in your documents folder) you can change which port and IP address to use.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2019, 03:35:37 pm »

If you're seeing an HTTP error, you probably have something else listening on port 5000. RemoteFortressReader doesn't use HTTP.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dawnmist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 19, 2019, 08:46:30 am »

Ah - I do have something else on port 5000 (a test server for work), and didn't realise that Armok Vision used the same port. Thank you - I've moved my test server to a different port and Armok Vision is now connecting to Dwarf Fortress properly. :)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20