Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 176570 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP STABLE - 0.44.12-r03 x64
« Reply #270 on: February 21, 2020, 06:29:52 pm »

You can't delete it. Just change it to something that looks on-topic.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 24, 2020, 06:04:26 pm »

Hey guys, Is the pack for linux updated for 47.03? If so, is there any tutorial on how to install it? Sorry, Linux noob here (Installed it yesterday so I'm still learning everything). I'm using Linux Mint
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 24, 2020, 07:41:53 pm »

Hey guys, Is the pack for linux updated for 47.03? If so, is there any tutorial on how to install it? Sorry, Linux noob here (Installed it yesterday so I'm still learning everything). I'm using Linux Mint

Armok bless Enay, but while people keep commenting on this announce thread, it hasn't been updated for a year. It is outdated even as a 0.44.12 Pack, with an old DFhack and the older crashier TWBT.

McArcady1's LinuxDwarfPack is at 47.02, at least, so will likely see an .03 update soon. It's not a full PyLNP build, I don't think, but it should at least get you started.
Team Bug Fix!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 24, 2020, 08:11:00 pm »

Here's some links for anyone making a pack:

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 24, 2020, 08:33:18 pm »

I'm putting together a combo dfhack/twbt pack to make that easier.  I'm also looking into doing a preview LNP for .03 to hold folks over until real ones are available.

done:  http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14863
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 10:05:29 pm by thurin »

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP Release Candidate - 0.47.03-rc1 x64
« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2020, 12:38:52 am »

Download HERE

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.

LNP IMPORT TIPS
When first launching a new version of the LNP, you'll be asked if you want to import files from a previous installation. If you select yes, open the previous version's df_linux folder in the file chooser dialog, then click ok. Selecting the LNP folder or the root of the pack will cause the import to fail. The import process will grab your DF saves, SoundSense and/or SoundCense sounds, gamelog, and dfhack history from the previous version.

Utilities included:
  • PyLNP 0.13b
  • DF 0.47.03 UPDATED
  • TWBT 6.xx (beta - Thanks Thurin!) UPDATED
  • DFHack 0.44.03-beta1 UPDATED
  • Armok Vision 0.20.2 UPDATED
  • Dwarf Therapist 41.1.4 UPDATED
  • Soundsense r2016-1 (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe GTK 1.4.2  (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Legends Browser 1.17.1 (*Requires Java 8*) UPDATED

Graphics packs included:
  • Afro
  • AutoReiv
  • CLA
  • GemSet
  • IronHand
  • Jolly Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Meph-lite
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho
  • Spacefox
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust
  • Vettlingr

Support:  Toady and Threetoe have been gracious enough to provide us all with Dwarf Fortress free of charge.  To show your appreciation, please consider donating to Bay 12 Games.  Without donations, Dwarf Fortress wouldn't be what it is today.  Please click the link below to show them some love.  As a bonus, they'll send you a story reward or crayon drawing reward.  How cool is that?

If you like the work I've put into assembling this pack, please feel free to head over to my Patreon page and buy me a coffee.  Or a beer.  Or a sammich.  I'm really not picky.

Download HERE
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 02:34:12 am by Enay »

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2020, 06:22:18 am »

Just realized I uploaded the WRONG version last night...  That'll teach me to upload past my bedtime...  I'm uploading the correct version now.

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2020, 09:07:53 am »

Is there a 47.04 version available?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 23, 2020, 09:56:42 am »

Not (yet) for LinuxLNP.

There is a somewhat less comprehensive 47.04 linux pack (lnp-forge) available here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157712.0 that might be worth trying.

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2020, 07:04:29 am »

hmm... well I have several problems but the most annoying one is with the TWBT graphic mode, basically for some reason it does not update the graphics in adventure mode especially.
for example if I move in adventure mode with fast travel the map window will update graphics and sometimes will just drag on, it looks like a mess to me in adventure mode for some reason

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2020, 11:51:43 am »

hmm... well I have several problems but the most annoying one is with the TWBT graphic mode, basically for some reason it does not update the graphics in adventure mode especially.
for example if I move in adventure mode with fast travel the map window will update graphics and sometimes will just drag on, it looks like a mess to me in adventure mode for some reason
That reason is that TWBT is not currently compatible with adventurer mode.

Quote from: Wiki
TWBT still might not be very stable in adventure mode, though, so be cautious when using TWBT with adventure mode.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Tilesets
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2020, 09:27:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ah well, that explains it, though I managed to fix it with Standard and some other tileset that makes everything look more arranged, thx for the heads up, didnt notice that part

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2020, 11:59:35 am »

Quote from: Wiki
TWBT still might not be very stable in adventure mode, though, so be cautious when using TWBT with adventure mode.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Tilesets
That particular quote dates back to 2018, and may be outdated (my understanding is that TWBT includes some support for adventure mode, i.e. it's not entirely unsupported, but adventure mode is inherently harder to support and tends to run into more issues).

Also, for reference, you can put the wiki URL directly in the quote tag, like this:
(some quote)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2020, 03:27:05 pm »

Also, for reference, you can put the wiki URL directly in the quote tag, like this:
(some quote)
Ah, so it's "quote=url", not "quote link=url", like forum quotes. ::)
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Mathalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2020, 07:17:47 pm »

I'm having trouble installing this on ubuntu 20.04.  I get this error when installing the dependencies:

sudo apt-get install default-jre libsdl1.2debian libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-ttf2.0-0 libglu1-mesa libgtk2.0-0 libopenal1 libjpeg62 wget coreutils tar xterm sed python bzip2 qtchooser libqt4-script libqt4-scripttools libqt5script5 libqt5scripttools5 libqxt-core0 libqxt-gui0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'python-is-python2' instead of 'python'
E: Unable to locate package libqt4-script
E: Unable to locate package libqt4-scripttools
E: Unable to locate package libqxt-core0
E: Unable to locate package libqxt-gui0

I've gotten pylnp to launch, and dwarf therapist, but not soundsense or the main game.

Should I be looking at installing those 4 above packages from third parties, or do they go by another name for this distro?  Am I missing something?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20