Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64  (Read 176685 times)

corollari

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP Release Candidate - 0.47.03-rc1 x64
« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2020, 02:24:09 am »

Hey, after getting this pack to work on my Fedora machine, I built an rpm package for it so other Fedora users can have an easier time.
At the moment, the main improvements brought by the package over the traditional install method are:
- Installs the dependencies needed for the pack
- Patches PyLNP configuration to avoid a problem where PyLNP cannot detect the terminal
- By using the system's packaging system the installation is much easier to manage, as the package manager will make sure that the installation is atomic, keep track of the files created so later they can be removed easily...

The package, instructions on how to install it and the source files used to build it can be found in https://github.com/corollari/lazy-newb-pack-fedora

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2020, 06:29:21 pm »

- Patches PyLNP configuration to avoid a problem where PyLNP cannot detect the terminal
Just curious, what PyLNP version are you using? (I know this pack ships with 0.13b currently, but was wondering if you had changed that.) PyLNP 0.14 has apparently fixed some of the Linux terminal issues, so this pack in particular may benefit from upgrading: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140808.msg8154458#msg8154458
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2020, 11:27:15 am »

Any chance we'll see an 47.04 update? This pack has many more features than McArcady's LinuxDwarfPack.

edit: suppose I can build my own with lnp-forge
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 11:44:46 am by rmblr »

Enay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP Release Candidate - 0.47.04-r1 x64
« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2020, 12:05:32 am »

Download HERE

To Run: Simply execute the included startlnp script.

LNP IMPORT TIPS
When first launching a new version of the LNP, you'll be asked if you want to import files from a previous installation. If you select yes, open the previous version's df_linux folder in the file chooser dialog, then click ok. Selecting the LNP folder or the root of the pack will cause the import to fail. The import process will grab your DF saves, SoundSense and/or SoundCense sounds, gamelog, and dfhack history from the previous version.

Utilities included:
  • PyLNP 0.14a
  • DF 0.47.04 UPDATED
  • TWBT 6.xx (Preview - Thanks Thurin!) UPDATED
  • DFHack 0.44.04-r2 UPDATED
  • Armok Vision 0.21.0 UPDATED
  • Dwarf Therapist 41.1.7 UPDATED
  • Soundsense r2016-1 (you'll need to download the sound files yourself from within the application)
  • SoundCenSe GTK 1.4.2  (A c# audio engine for Dwarf Fortress based on Zweistein's SoundSense)  (*Requires Mono*)
  • Legends Browser 1.19.1 (*Requires Java 8*) UPDATED

Graphics packs included:
  • Afro
  • AutoReiv
  • CLA
  • GemSet
  • IronHand
  • Jolly Bastion
  • Mayday
  • Meph-lite
  • Obsidian
  • Phoebus
  • Rally Ho
  • Spacefox
  • Taffer
  • Tergel
  • Wanderlust
  • Vettlingr

Support:  Toady and Threetoe have been gracious enough to provide us all with Dwarf Fortress free of charge.  To show your appreciation, please consider donating to Bay 12 Games.  Without donations, Dwarf Fortress wouldn't be what it is today.  Please click the link below to show them some love!

If you like the work I've put into assembling this pack, please feel free to head over to my Patreon page and buy me a coffee.  Or a beer.  Or a sammich.  I'm really not picky.

Download HERE

Mr.Nounours

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxLNP Release - 0.47.04-r1 x64
« Reply #289 on: January 18, 2021, 02:08:55 pm »

I am having troubles running LinuxLNP on Manjaro. Whenever I try to run the startlnp.sh script, it doesn't work and output this:

['Traceback (most recent call last):\n', '  File "/home/nounours/Téléchargements/LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.04-r5/./launch.py", line 12, in <module>\n    lnp.PyLNP()\n', '  File "/home/nounours/Téléchargements/LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.04-r5/core/lnp.py", line 119, in __init__\n    self.initialize_ui()\n', '  File "/home/nounours/Téléchargements/LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.04-r5/core/lnp.py", line 212, in initialize_ui\n    self.ui = TkGui()\n', '  File "/home/nounours/Téléchargements/LinuxDwarfPack-0.47.04-r5/./tkgui/tkgui.py", line 137, in __init__\n    self.root = root = Tk()\n', '  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/tkinter/__init__.py", line 2262, in __init__\n    self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className, interactive, wantobjects, useTk, sync, use)\n', '_tkinter.TclError: unknown color name "BACKGROUND"\n']

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 18, 2021, 11:21:07 pm »

Searching for the last part of your error ("unknown color name BACKGROUND") turned up https://archived.forum.manjaro.org/t/tk-error-application-specific-initialization-failed-unknown-color-name-background/155675, which seems to be a Manjaro-oriented fix:
Code: [Select]
xrdb -load /dev/null
xrdb -query
Does that help?

If not, this seems to me like it's more PyLNP-related and less specific to this pack, so the PyLNP thread might be another good place to ask.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Mr.Nounours

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 19, 2021, 04:39:47 am »

Yes it works :DD
Thanks a lot

Gimli-McGloinFace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 08, 2021, 06:10:15 am »

My older version it seems just stopped working and i posted to that old one asking how to fix it, but now ive found this one and ive extracted it to my desktop and i run it with ./startlnp in the terminal. what my question is now (ubuntu os and im not very linux literate at all) how do i uninstall the older one off my system and how can i make my install cleaner? as in not on my desktop and able to run it off my sidebar and a wee desktop icon instead of from terminal

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 08, 2021, 12:40:58 pm »

My older version it seems just stopped working and i posted to that old one asking how to fix it, but now ive found this one and ive extracted it to my desktop and i run it with ./startlnp in the terminal. what my question is now (ubuntu os and im not very linux literate at all) how do i uninstall the older one off my system and how can i make my install cleaner? as in not on my desktop and able to run it off my sidebar and a wee desktop icon instead of from terminal
FYI, the other thread you posted to is for PyLNP, which is the GUI used by all modern packs, including this one.

As for removing the old one, you can just delete all of its files. If you have savegames from your old installation that you want to keep, those would be in the "Dwarf Fortress/data/save" folder, so you should copy them out first.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 08, 2021, 10:24:05 pm »

This pack is quite old and not supported for a year now.  (Big thanks to Enay for sharing their builds at the request of the community for 3-4 years :).)  It is good that it still works for you.

I suggest trying out the LinuxDwarfPack which is currently maintained and provides the up-to-date DF47.05.  As a bonus it places a shortcut to start the game in the Applications -> Games menu.  8)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 10:30:02 pm by feelotraveller »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]