Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding Attacks  (Read 1199 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Modding Attacks
« on: March 13, 2017, 12:51:12 pm »

So since my last question, I have successfully added the following body parts to this modded creature I'm making:

Code: [Select]
[BODY:TEN_NO_CLAW_TENTACLES_DERPYDEV]
[BP:TENT:first tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:TENT:second tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:third tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:fourth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:fifth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:sixth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:seventh tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:eighth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:ninth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:tenth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]

And it worked! The creature has all ten tentacles. Two problems though:
Problem one: All of the tentacles have the [GRASP] token, but it cannot pick up items or wrestle.
Problem two: I tried to give it the following attack that uses these tentacles:
Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:WHIP:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:WHIP]
[ATTACK_VERB:whip:whips]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:1000]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:1:1]
[ATTACK_FLAG_INDEPENDENT_MULTIATTACK]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
And it flat out didn't work. I cannot select this attack and all it can do is push. Why can't it use it's tentacles?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Attacks
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 02:42:58 pm »

I tested your bodypart and attack with a creature I made, and it worked fine.

I suspect the reason for your problem is that your bodyparts are misaligned or something. Want to talk in PM's so that you don't have to spoil anything to the forum?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 02:46:03 pm »

I tested your bodypart and attack with a creature I made, and it worked fine.

I suspect the reason for your problem is that your bodyparts are misaligned or something. Want to talk in PM's so that you don't have to spoil anything to the forum?

Sure. Thanks for the help!

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 11:42:40 pm »

Where can I learn to make attacks. I am currious where in the raws to do this, or if it is just a thing you can add to the creature.
To the beer!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 01:13:56 am »

Where can I learn to make attacks. I am currious where in the raws to do this, or if it is just a thing you can add to the creature.

Look for the ATTACK token.